It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Nutrition – The Elite Know What Most American's Do Not

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you and how about that Hickory Smoked Bison Tenderloin at the Obamas.

Real Nutrition - The Elite Know What Most American's Do Not

Eat bugs, own nothing and be happy? Lets go all in on draconian climate change CO2 as we must protect all those oceanfront mansions, villas and everything else. So who owns those homes? So getting onto wellness as many here seem to be in some sort of medical trauma as compare to the royal family as they do live on for many years don't they. So other than NO manual labor, NO stress and servants they just seem to do pretty fine.

So at least do as they do and you may feel better from an eating perspective. So, after five years we found a guy who raises chickens for the eggs only. He sells them at $3 a dozen and they are brown eggs. His chickens are free range. He's a painter and I just gave him a 1/2 bag of Sun flour seeds that became infested with moth maggots. Yep, ole Ace Hardware again as those things are in the seeds and his chickens will love them as were not into maggots.

So here we go:

Sadly, many people DO know about these ancient truths and eat according to them. Who are these people? The elite.

I was reminded of a great excerpt from the book Deep Nutrition by Catherine Shanahan, MD. She stated, “How do I put this delicately? If you think the wealthy- members of the upper social class- would even touch the foods most Americans eat daily, the foods relentlessly touted as healthy, you’d be mistaken. No, the most privileged among us eat very much the way their great-great-great-grandparents did. If we could fly past the iron gates guarding the White House and peer through the dining room windows to see what the guests were eating at President Obama’s second inaugural lunch, we’d see this.” She goes on to say, “Those dining on these sinfully rich foods represent the same government whose food pyramid forbids us regular folk from eating anything of the kind.”

We Can Do This........................................? Look it up.
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The Benefits of Eating Whole foods is not exactly a secret mate nor is it something with-held from normal people , What you put in your body is a choice .

Admittedly the exotic Proteins mentioned in the Presidential meals in your link are Expensive i.e. Lobster , Crab , Duck etc etc but none the Less Farm raised Chicken , Beef and Fish are just as healthy though they may not be as rich in Healthy Fatty Acids but those can be supplemented by taking Fish-oils .

People Choose to spend their money on Hot dogs , Hot Pockets and Frozen Pizza its up to them no one is forcing them to eat that crap .

Buy a Rifle and walk out to the woods and shoot a Deer , Problem solved .

edit on 13-5-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Most people prize convenience over their health. It's really very simple, so they make all kinds of excuses about why they don't take the time to figure out how to eat better and cook for themselves.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

sadly, they've priced people out of the ability to eat healthy. Any non GMO product, or 'natural ingredients only' is out of the financial range for most.

Fresh foods are more expensive than their canned counterparts. Having a restricted diet on a fixed income isn't possible for the majority of people. We're being forced through market pricing to eat unhealthy garbage, and fast food joints aren't helping; it's cheaper to get a filling hamburger than but the ingredients to make your own....plus it's easy and convenient, which today's society seems to prize above health.

Accidental, or by design? Maybe just good old corporate greed?

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I agree that it's getting harder, but it can still be done.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   
My kids snack on baby carrots, fresh berries, mixed nuts, and occasionally cheese and crackers. Meat wise we eat it all, chicken, fish, scallops, beef, I do try to limit pork though. We have had some exotic meats as Tampa meat market next to Galaxy fireworks has some interesting stuff. I have bought and cooked ostrich fillets from them, which had a similar taste and consistency as flank steak imo. Deer and bison from time to time. These are expensive meats though and are only a handful of times in a year.

I cut out potato chips just on price alone more than health. The per unit cost of a family size of chips is more expensive than some steaks! 5$ or more for 11 1/2 ounces of crisps?? Not even a difficult decision either. Price is insane and we are better off without anyways.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: nugget1

I agree that it's getting harder, but it can still be done.

Yes, it can-but it takes more time, money and effort than most people can-or are willing-to spend.

I live 30+ mile from the nearest store; add the high price of gas and vehicle maintenance to the high price of organic food and it's not in the realm of possibilities. I would have to make at least two trips a week to buy fresh produce and veggies in small enough quantities so there wouldn't be any waste.

Yes, I grow what I can during the summer months, but I can't imagine a working parent(s) having the luxury of enough 'extra' time to devote to alternative methods.....not to mention growing your own food probably requires just as much (or more)money in pots, potting soil, fertilizers, rototilling, etc. as store bought.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Americans are lazy eaters and will make up all kinds of excuses why they eat garbage. We're like a society of Trash Pandas.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Oh wow. I could’ve been eating lobster, caviar, and bison this whole time?!?
I would’ve eaten it every day of my life if it wasn’t for that pesky food pyramid.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I watched a documentary about the british royal families diet, had interviews with former chefs, etc. And all their meals were pretty much just organic, well balanced meals, lean meats, fresh baked goods, and the sweet things they ate were all natural sugars.

I also learned that Charles is quite the farmer and animal breeder, he has his own breed of pigs and salmon and various vegetables.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Americans are lazy eaters and will make up all kinds of excuses why they eat garbage. We're like a society of Trash Pandas.

Thanks, I was needing a fresh new euphemism for the Ham Planet Lard Buckets.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notabot12345666

Oh wow. I could’ve been eating lobster, caviar, and bison this whole time?!?
I would’ve eaten it every day of my life if it wasn’t for that pesky food pyramid.

Who says that's what we're eating? I don't think any of us have, and if they have been mentioned, they're treats.

This is just more "Woe is me!" mentality. Most of us have said it takes time and effort that most people aren't willing to invest.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I love venison, but apparently it wrecks your thyroid gland as I found out the hard way

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 03:04 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I was surprised to hear in this funky 1940's video on how to be pretty, the lady telling the girls to eat meat, cheese, eggs and milk. They knew that was the way to eat back then.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   
originally posted by: nugget1

I eat mostly out of my freezer; protein, fat, and veggies.

30 miles from the nearest store . . . wow, sounds lovely!

edit on 5 13 2023 by BelleEpoque because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Yeah, outside of the proteins, the vegetables are things readily obtainable. And you can swap out the proteins without too much trouble for other sources, the key is to know how the proteins are sourced. A good butcher is where that happens. They know the farmers who bring in the meat and how they raise those animals.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelleEpoque
originally posted by: nugget1

I eat mostly out of my freezer; protein, fat, and veggies.

30 miles from the nearest store . . . wow, sounds lovely!

I don't know where you live that gas is so cheap a 60 mile round trip twice a week sounds lovely. Maybe you drive a moped and gas isn't an issue, or you have more disposable income than those on a small fixed income?

Lucky you to have a freezer and no worries about the gigantic electric rate increases that have affected so many! Not to mention fortunate enough to even own a freezer! Can't say I favor frozen salads much, myself.

I'm glad you're doing well and so minimally affected by inflation; my point was: not everybody is so fortunate. Especially our seniors who often have to choose between food and medicine.
edit on 600000044America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   

There is nothing exotic about crab, duck, lobster, as you say. Some of that is a little expensive but nothing about that is exotic.

My daily meals consist of very much the same and I'm just some average person living on an average wage, in a city, mind you. Granted, everyone doesn't have the time to put together a meal, doesn't properly know how to put together a meal (weren't listening in school when they spoke about it? didn't watch your parents/grandparents?). I grew up thinking that rich people ate only fast food because they didn't have time for anything else.

You think Elon got that belly from eating duck? Hell no! Duck and chicken are lean meats.

I think it boils down to habits and how much energy or worth you have in you to actually get up and go buy the ingredients and cook it yourself.

I'm curious why a lot of people think this way. Is it because many people simply don't know how to forage for their own foods at the store?

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Believe it or not you can be lazy & still eat cheap & fast.
Frozen veggies on sale, meat on sale, beans or some pasta to go with, cheese on hand just in case. Fruit is a issue but I'll splurge for it same with eggs & yogurt.

Have tried just the veggies with some meat but that didn't cut it.
I just cook the meat with whatever spices & add appropriate frozen veggies & either rice, beans, red potato or a pasta.
Takes just a few minutes to slap something hot & filling together.

The biggest problem has been cutting out the sugar.
Eating this way wasn't really a choice as much as it was all the effort I could muster plus eliminated items that didn't hold well in the fridge. Got tired of tossing food out.

Found this German YT site an most recipes are insanely simple and filling & cheap.
www.youtube.com...@vieleRezepte/videos

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join