It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's A Verdict in the E. Jean Carroll/Trump Case

page: 47
<< 44  45  46   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

originally posted by: quintessentone

There was no evidence of rape, that does not mean he did not rape her.

Dystopian America; Where not being convict of an offense doesn't imply your innocence. You have to prove your innocence beond a shadow of a doubt... and even then you might still be guilty.

Anybody over the age of ten should really not be believing, or publicly saying this.
But hoo-wee …… here they are doing the dance.
I shake my head, but it is funny to watch.

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: stevieray

Good day to you, good day to you. I'd love to meet you.

But you are a random keyboard warrior.

PM me and I will send you my contact details and I will pay for you to come over here for a proper chat.

Coward.

Hmmm, I get all kinds of grief from the authorities for a lot less than this nonsense. Seems a tad bit inconsistent.
But it’s OK, I forgive so that he may get a pass.

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: quintessentone

Trump didn't just slide in at the end to fire people, he was on screen a good 50% of the time or more.

Do you always believe liars with flimsy explanations to gloss over the facts?

I don’t think it matters to them.
Imo it’s so ridiculous

The LAST thing a person attacked would want to watch on tv is her attacker.
If her “friends” were friends they wouldn’t have gone on the show, and she would have warned them.
At least I wouldn’t let my friends get into that position.

How do you know what people in trauma would do? Everyone handles trauma and stress differently. If you haven't been in that position they you can't make assumptions.

How do you know she didn't warn her friends?

" E. Jean Carroll, the woman who was recently rewarded $5 million by a Manhattan jury in a civil lawsuit against Donald Trump, has a strange social media history.

The most alarming post unearthed as of now has to be a 2012 Facebook post where Carroll stated, “I’m a MASSIVE Apprentice fan,” after asking for any good television shows to watch.

This post came around sixteen years after Trump allegedly raped her in a NYC changing stall."

" Kanekoa also pointed out how peculiar it is that Carroll still has that post up on her Facebook.

Fellow internet users dug deeper into the accuser’s social media profiles, with one person posting a screenshot of a tweet she authored promoting adultery.

“Marriage is a diet,” she wrote. “When flirting with a guy who’s not your husband, you’re allowed a nibble of baloney, but never swallow the whole salami.” "

Yeah , what a Classy Broad...............

www.infowars.com...

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   
How did Trumps defense team miss this? It could have turned the entire verdict around. Can he introduce it at appeal?
reply to: Zanti Misfit

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

" Can he introduce it at appeal? "

Yes , it Will , but in the Media and the Rigged Courts..........

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'm just gonna drop this off:

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 06:30 AM
link   

a reply to: underpass61
Now it’s “what is rape”?
Lol
Seriously one of the most hilarious paths I’ve seen here.

What is rape in the legal context. Do you know? If so enlighten us.

So this will be the last time I do your research for you.
www.nysenate.gov...

We all know that. What evidence is needed to prove rape in the first degree, or any degree for that matter? You know? Anyone know?

Uh
Really?
What was this then?

What is rape in the legal context. Do you know? If so enlighten us.

A lie?

As to what is required:

A person is guilty of rape in the first degree when he or she engages in sexual intercourse with another person: 1. By forcible compulsion; or 2. Who is incapable of consent by reason of being physically helpless; or 3. Who is less than eleven years old; or 4. Who is less than thirteen years old and the actor is eighteen years old or more. Rape in the first degree is a class B felony.

Evidence of such.
It’s why no criminal charges will be filed.
There is no criminal evidence.

Rapists ensure there will be no witnesses or anyone around to stop them.

Really
Is that your personal experience or from a source you chose not to link?
Interestingly former president trump was acquitted of the rape charge by a jury of his peers.

He was not acquitted, there was no evidence so he still could have raped her.

The source was a few articles I read about rape, you are free to do your own research - the truth is out there for the taking.

I recall even his first wife accusing him of rape, then he paid her off to shut her up.

You have not been acquitted of murder — this fact does not suggest you should or shouldn’t be — the US judiciary, Magna Carte thru Constitution and centuries of common law inform you why your statement is I’ll informed.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 07:38 PM
link   
CARROLL is just another person out to "frame" Trump.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Like the fbi
Doj
And da in nyc

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
New news on this story:

Trump faces prospect of $100 million judgment in new bout with E. Jean Carroll

As Donald Trump and his lawyers head to court once again to face a second defamation lawsuit filed by E. Jean Carroll, he faces the very real prospect of a jury awarding her up to $100 million in punitive damages should a jury find in her favor.

According to a report from New York Times' Benjamin Weiser, Carroll's attorney is looking for a win and financial penalties at the outermost edge that will get the former president to cease smearing her client and that may come in the form of a massive punitive damage award.

The former president is already on the hook for $5 million from Carroll's previous lawsuit and her attorney is reportedly looking for a bigger payday after the former president launched another attack during his CNN town hall immediately afterward.

According to the Times' report, "Ms. Carroll’s complaint will be heard as part of a trial scheduled for January, stemming from verbal assaults he made against her in 2019. Ms. Carroll has said she lost her job as an advice columnist for Elle magazine after those attacks and is seeking at least $10 million in compensatory damages for harm to her reputation. After Mr. Trump’s recent CNN diatribe, she said she also wanted 'a very substantial punitive damages award' that would 'deter him from engaging in further defamation.'"

We'll see if the prospect of losing another $100 million will force Trump to bite his tongue on this topic in the future.

As for E Jean Carroll being a massive Apprentice fan, the Trump lawyer brought this matter up in the trial evidently to no avail. It has lowered my estimation of her however, I must admit.

Sorry if bumping this thread brings anybody ire, but it beats creating another thread on the subject.
edit on 23-6-2023 by MrInquisitive because: added a sentence

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 11:15 PM
link   
June 29, 2023

What "Fighters" and "Leaders" do...

NEW YORK CITY — Trump sues E. Jean Carroll for defamation, alleging she falsely accused him of rape. Trump seeks a retraction as well as unspecified amount of damages.
Source: gettr.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
June 29, 2023

What "Fighters" and "Leaders" do...

NEW YORK CITY — Trump sues E. Jean Carroll for defamation, alleging she falsely accused him of rape. Trump seeks a retraction as well as unspecified amount of damages.
Source: gettr.com...

Such a great fighter and leader, and first and foremost a clown.

"Truly, epically stupid": Legal experts say Trump's defamation suit against Carroll could backfire

Judge overseeing the case may impose "sanctions" for petty countersuit, says attorney George Conway

Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday filed a counterclaim against writer E. Jean Carroll, alleging she defamed him after a jury found him liable of sexual abusing and defaming her last month.

Though Trump was not found liable for rape, Carroll has long claimed that the former presented sexually assaulted her in a department store dressing room in 1996. Trump's counterclaim focuses on Carroll's CNN appearance on May 10, a day after the verdict was handed down, in which she doubled down on the rape allegation. The lawsuit accuses Carroll of defaming Trump when she insisted "oh yes he did, oh yes he did," when responding to a question asking for commentary on the jury ruling that Trump was not liable for rape.

Trump's legal team in the filing states that Carroll made "these false statements with actual malice and ill will with an intent to significantly and spitefully harm and attack," and argues that Trump "has been the subject of significant harm to his reputation, which, in turn, has yielded an inordinate amount of damages sustained as a result."

"The interview was on television, social media and multiple internet websites, with the intention of broadcasting and circulating these defamatory statements among a significant portion of the public," the counterclaim adds.

Carroll was awarded $5 million in damages last month, with $3 million of that sum being allocated to damages incurred by Trump calling Carroll's allegations a "con job" in an October 2022 statement. The trial Carroll won last month was the second of two lawsuits the longtime columnist had filed against the ex-president. Trump's Tuesday counterclaim was in response to Carroll's first suit, which accused the former president of slandering her when she initially came forward in June of 2019. That suit has not gone to trial yet.

Trump remained steadfast in his denial of Carroll's claims during a May appearance on a CNN town hall, saying, arguing they were "fake" and "made up." The ex-president denied having ever met Carroll — despite a photograph of the two together — and called her a "wack job," while referring to the trial as "a rigged deal."

Carroll responded to the town hall by submitting an additional filing in Manhattan federal court and asked for a "very substantial" additional amount of money from Trump over the comments.

"Donald Trump again argues, contrary to both logic and fact, that he was exonerated by a jury that found that he sexually abused E Jean Carroll …" Carroll's attorney, Roberta Kaplan said in a statement. "Four out of the five statements in Trump's so-called counterclaim were made outside of New York's one-year statute of limitations. The other statement similarly will not withstand a motion to dismiss."

"Trump's filing is thus nothing more than his latest effort to delay accountability for what a jury has already found to be his defamation of E Jean Carroll. But whether he likes it or not, that accountability is coming very soon," Kaplan said.

MSNBC legal analyst Katie Phang called Trump's counterclaim "truly, epically STUPID."

"I don't think it's possible to convey, in 280 characters or even 280,000 characters, just how stupid this is. Good Lord," agreed conservative attorney and frequent Trump critic George Conway.

Conway added that the judge in the case may impose "Rule 11 sanctions" over the counterclaim, referencing the enactment of a rule in which attorneys and parties submit pleadings that are petty or cannot be firmly substantiated.

Being a litigious idiot does not either a great fighter or leader make.

Rape, legally speaking, may mean the penetration with a penis, but most people penetrated by a finger or fingers would likely argue otherwise.

And your link doesn't point to anything germane to the topic. And if I have to join to login to see an article, then forget it. That is not a legit source.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   
There's now been a verdict in the second lawsuit brought by E. Jean Carroll. The judge has made a partial summary judgment. When the case actually goes to trial the only thing that will be decided is damages.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This is all complete Bull#. I am sure none of you would mind having a 5 million dollar judgement against you when

Trump was not found liable for rape

you were found not liable for something. Then, when you talk about it, you get sued again.

1A is important but when it comes to Trump it all goes out the window.

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Jury says no to rape.
Yes to sexual abuse.
Yes to injury. - $2M award
Yes to falsity.
Yes to malice. - $280K award
Yes to defamation - $1M award

Jury also recommends an additional $1.7M in reputation repair.

WHY has JOE BIDEN withstood so many sexual assault and improper touching allegations? Because...

Holding powerful men accountable takes a mountain of evidence

For example, Irin Carmon, who, along with Amy Brittain, exposed Charlie Rose for an alleged decades-long pattern of sexual harassment, had pursued the story for years.

When their exposé appeared in the Washington Post, it was built on accusations from eight women, three on the record.

Carmon and Brittain found consistency across the women’s stories and strong corroboration of each account:
Continued at: www.vox.com...

I guess Donald Trump is not a "powerful man" in the eyes of U.S. Courts. The Successful sexual assault suit filed against him by E. Jean Carroll, was based on the flimsiest of evidence.

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46   >>

join