It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher screams after getting pepper sprayed for confiscating student's phone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 8 2023 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Full title is : Teacher screams after getting pepper sprayed for confiscating student's phone: 'She just maced the teacher!'

www.foxnews.com...

A teacher in a Tennessee high school who confiscated a student's phone was subsequently pepper sprayed by his student, Fox News Digital confirmed.

A video which surfaced on Reddit on May 5 showed the assault in Antioch High School, which racked up millions of views. The teacher was previously decked in the face approximately two months before in a separate incident, and the district told Fox News Digital that disciplinary action was taken in both incidents and were reported to the police.

Ok, just to get my opinion out in the open : This kid needs to have her ass kicked, then arrested. They know full well they're not supposed to be using their phones during class, but many think they are above the rules. This kind of behavior is pretty normal these days. Kids seem to think the rules don't apply to them, because in their mind they are special. Even after she pepper sprayed the teacher, she's still trying to get the phone back, trying to grab it out of his hand and when he didn't let go, she sprayed him again from behind saying "I need my phone". I wouldn't blame the teacher one bit if he knocked her out. Self defense. You attack someone with pepper spray over a phone, you deserve what's coming.

If I were the Principal, kids like this would be out for good. Bring a weapon to school, you're out. No second chances.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

First of all Antioch is pretty hood, so no surprise his classes act this way. Second after she is charged with assault and deals with that...I hope she enjoys the finer points of the alternative school she will probably end up in as this sort of thing is typically ground for expulsion. Alternative schools are basically where you send all they expelled kids and are more of a day prison than a place to learn. She may not realize it now but in 10 or so years when she cant get into anything but community college and works a dead end low wage job...she will really regret all this.
edit on 8-5-2023 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I think juvi would be a good 'alternative school' for this young criminal. Something tells me just switching schools isn't the answer to assaulting teachers.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 08:46 PM
link   
another reason why im glad to be teaching online

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It seems its either mobile devices are starting to cause some behavioral changes in youth.

Or something wrong with some youth.
edit on 8-5-2023 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

I think juvi would be a good 'alternative school' for this young criminal. Something tells me just switching schools isn't the answer to assaulting teachers.

I feel like Military schools should be a big thing again for troubled youth, I would absolutely give tax dollars to take these kids that have incidences like this and put them in. Youd be amazed the turn around that would happen.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 09:33 PM
link   
A sad truth in this is that the culture she subscribes to faces 0, zero consequence for their actions. Sure she might go to an "alternative" school. So what. There's probably a 99.5% chance of her growing up to be a heart surgeon, rocket scientist or business mogul.

She'll fade back into the hood, collect her state-funded "salary", enjoy her new phone and free internet access and go about life contributing absolutely nothing to society at all

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I feel like Military schools should be a big thing again for troubled youth, I would absolutely give tax dollars to take these kids that have incidences like this and put them in. Youd be amazed the turn around that would happen.

I agree too many undisciplined antisocials kids are being set free in our society. If it can save 5 percent it would be worth it, and it would likely be closer to 70-80 percent rehabilitated. Military school/boot camp definitely, I'd go further, violent assault on campus equals 2 years minimum in the military once they turn 18.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I am absolutely not defending her but this is nothing new. 30-40 years it weren´t spyPhones but Walkmen, Magazines , some of the first cheap handheld video games, a pocket knife or whatever. And yes, i saw teachers and pupils freak out, even witnessed that teachers attacked pupils and the other way around (when the kid or teen had enough of the teachers shenanigans xD), saw teachers throwing their key rings with 50 keys on it against pupils heads, saw pupils slap (male) teachers etc. Had an old teacher for german language who reminded me always to Hitler-Deutschland. One time somebody behind me was chatting with his desk neighbor and that teachers thought it was me, got angry like i killed his cat or whatever, grabbed my arm and wanted to throwme out of class while everybody else was laughing because everybody else knew it wasn´t me who was talking. Purely out of reflex i jumped up, my fist ready to strike, looked him in his eyes and told him: "If you try something like this a second time you will get what you ask for!", grabbed my stuff and left the room. Because it is always the wiser who gives in.

Not uncommon that the teacher or pupil deserved what he got. Because people in power positions, especially if they have nothing to say at home, like to take advantage of this position. And kids, we all know how some kids can be, especially in puberty. I just wanted to say that such a behavior is nothing new, has nothing to do with coming from a hood. Because all i witnessed happened in a pretty average german city, on pretty average school with pretty average teachers and pupils. And the times back then weren´t nearly as BS as they are today.

I am just wondering that we don´t witness way more kids and teens which freak out after what the corona-extremists did to them for nearly three years.

edit on 9 5 2023 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 05:54 AM
link   

She should be charged with assault by the authorities and expelled from the educational establishment.

And good luck getting into another school with that kind of thing on record.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Brat has a temper tantrum because the teacher took her toy and assaults them. Dang yo.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit

She'll fade back into the hood, collect her state-funded "salary", enjoy her new phone and free internet access and go about life contributing absolutely nothing to society at all

Not entirely true, she will contribute several offspring just as entitled and worthless as herself, if not worse.
She gets more free government money that way.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Yet this is the sorta of culture they want to export to other countries.
edit on 9-5-2023 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

Not entirely true, she will contribute several offspring just as entitled and worthless as herself, if not worse.
She gets more free government money that way.

I forget that part. I guess that contributes to her "salary", lol

thanks for adding that

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I would sue the crap out of the parents for creating such a horrid mess.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I have a questions, the article didn't answer.

1. Why was the "teacher", "confiscating" her phone?

2. "Teachers" are the new "law enforcement"?

3. Our founders didn't allow for new "technology", "assault freedom"?

Seriously! I'm trying to figure out why the "teacher" wanted her "cell phone", so bad?
Because he said so? I have "authority"?
This was a "teaching opportunity" he couldn't miss?...

I have been "pepper sprayed". All it did, was make me mad, but I Heald my cool. It definitely didn't make me scream or put me on my knees.
And yes, I was in THE RIGHT, when it happened.
( Her mother was a Portland cop and gave it to her, for "self defense".)
Her mom, later apologized.

But I can see and understand, how mere mortals see this click bait.

My questions still stand.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hope this poor teacher sues the school system and the brat's parents, the city, the state, everyone.
And I hope he gets millions for putting up with this.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Some asshole children need a complete ass-whooping.

Assholes like that need to have the white slapped off their teeth.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

1. We may never know, however, knowing a few teachers and having a couple in the family, I'd bet that there's a "no phones out during class" rule.

2. YES, in the class room and at school, yes, they are.

3. Come on, really?

If this student had the phone out in the class room, "teaching opportunity" or not, if there was a rule in place to not have it out, they were breaking the rule and I'm guessing causing a distraction to the teach and rest of the students.

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   
SPAM

edit on 7/18/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join