It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Morning ATS folk. Happy to be here.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hello Everyone!

I'm CoyoteAngels, in honor of the canines that have guided and supported me in my journey in this incarnation.

I was born and raised in southern NM. My dad was an engineer at WSMR for NASA from the late 50s - 80s. He and my grandpa argued about Roswell, water witches, Big Foot, skinwalkers UFOs, cattle mutilation and politics. Daddy, being college educated, and PaPaw being a poor backwoods farmer had very different views. If someone told Daddy that they had seen a UFO, he asked them if they had used a beer bottle telescope. He was the worlds most challenging skeptic. But Grampa just knew stuff. GrandUncle Cecil was a travelling evangelist. He knew his Bible, forward and backward, and if he was awake he was preaching, Genesis and Revelation. Step Grandmother was fullblood Mescalero Apache. Sweetest, most loving woman I ever knew. She loved her grandbabies, even her step ones.

So, you see, I was raised for this ATS place, my influences being religion and superstition, science, science fiction and Cold War cautions.

Ive lurked here for a looong time. I followed Daddy's footsteps, went to college, studied IT and went to work for Uncle Fed, with a clearance. So only have lurked on social media, other than a bland FB account to keep in touch with family and close friends. Recently I've retired, and so can now safely converse with others from around the world in some of the 'forbidden knowledge' subject areas that have interested me for as long as I can remember.

Oh yeah, a final story: So one day, Daddy the scientific skeptic NASA rocket scientist was working out in the back yard on a sunny clear sky Sunday afternoon in Southern NM. He looked up from the garden and right there in broad sunny daylight was a light shiny colored stubby cigar shaped object hovering seemingly just above our yard. He watched for a moment, thinking it was maybe somekind of blimp, when it shot up at a very high speed and disappeared in a blink. He frantically came in the house, where I was watching TV, and man was he shook up. He grabbed his binoculars and ran back out, and I followed, but it was long gone. I missed the only UFO opportunity I believe i've ever had, or any other paranormal experiece. He reported the sighting to someone at the base, as he still thought maybe it was Russians, or something, but he was dead certain that it 'wasnt anything we have' at the time...or really even today. Turns out they got another report from that weekend from someone else at the base that lived in El Paso. Same description.
It changed him, he looked at the world and reality differently. It was like he had stepped into an alternate door of perception, on a sunny day. Chariots of the Gods came out shortly thereafter and Erik Von Daniken came to NMSU to lecture and show his slides. Daddy and I attended. I was in high school. His slides blew my mind. I'm a grandmother now, and most everyone mentioned here have passed on.

I saw Erik lecture again last March at AlienCon. In his 80s and still presenting his theories. His English is much better now, and the slides and topics even more puzzling. I go to UFO conferences whenever I can, so this was the 5th time I've seen him. Many presenters are kooks, as Daddy would say, but there are some that I believe have advanced our knowledge with their alternate research. Besides, the conferences are fun!

So thank you for reading my intro, and I look forward to lively conversation with all y'all.

I want to Believe!
edit on 7-5-2023 by CoyoteAngels because: bad spelling

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, and thank you for sharing your story. Some of the most bizarre and intriguing UAP reports involve cigar or cylinder shaped objects, occasionally featuring blindingly bright beams coming from the cylinders as well as reports of RF injuries and even ionizing radiation type injuries. Something is definitely up with those flying cigars!
See you around, glad to have you aboard.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Great intro thread.

Welcome to the site.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: wavelength

Thank you for the welcome!

When I first heard of a TicTac I thought, well, thats Daddy's stubby cigar. Back when they were described that way, far more cigars were being smoked, and those little mints were never heard of.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Thank you for saying so, and for the welcome!

Your name is very exotic and wonderful on the tongue. May I ask the meaning?

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Thank you for saying so, and for the welcome!

Your name is very exotic and wonderful on the tongue. May I ask the meaning?

First day and already wants to know all the secrets.

It's Passamaquoddy-Maliseet for "lost one". My limited self-education on the language indicates it's roughly spoken ka-SEE-ka-hay, but I'm not able to lend that any certainty. More and better minds than mine, long gone, would know for sure. It's probably got a far more sophisticated meaning in their cultural contexts.

It was my second choice, but "qwerty123" was taken.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Nice introduction. I look forward to hearing what you have learned. What you said aout not being to interact with social media because of your job sounds correct, I know a few people who are working in jobs where they are limited to what they can discuss on social media.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Glad you're here! I've been fascinated with the UFO/alien/'paranormal' subject since my first sighting at 5, so I'm looking forward to some great discussions!

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Thank you! Im sooo envious!

a reply to: nugget1

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I googled your name after my inquiry and found a great page that has a dictionary and spoken phrases. I think you have probably seen this. I picked up on the 'lost one' having a deeper meaning, the language itself.

Nice meeting you!

pmportal.org...

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

They can require the user names of all social media for TS and Q. And any relationships with foreigners, even just chat friends.

Its not worth the hassle.

Thanks for the welcome!
edit on 7-5-2023 by CoyoteAngels because: forgot to say thanks!

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

I googled your name after my inquiry and found a great page that has a dictionary and spoken phrases. I think you have probably seen this. I picked up on the 'lost one' having a deeper meaning, the language itself.

Nice meeting you!

pmportal.org...

That's a lot more polished than the web1.0 site I first saw it on. I'll be bookmarking that site for further exploration, thank you.

It was nice to meet you too.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Welcome,

Not a lot of high strangeness threads on ATS anymore, mostly political echo.

I think we once met at the races in Ruidoso.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

We should change that! There is only so much can be said about any issue that has us so wrapped around our individual axles, barking at each other.

Maybe! My folks had acre's in Weed, NM. So we were in that area often until a fire burned thru and wiped out the beautiful blue spruce trees and pinon pines.
🐎🐎🐎🐎
Love to play the ponies, and I have stories!!!

Nice to meet you~ ::
edit on 7-5-2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 08:58 AM
link   

coyote angels from space. yes. Welcome!

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Well, there is always this
Be the Change You Wish to See. Redux.

and like CA said

We should change that!

edit on Mon May 8 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   

A hearty welcome to you, CoyoteAngels!!!

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BeNotAfraid

A great laugh with my morning coffee! Nice to meet you!

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Thank you! I look forward to participating in the lively and compelling discussions here.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Love your intro, welcome aboard.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join