It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Def--kto Crew FB Page Hacked...help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   
So my cousin's FB page got hacked by someone in Vietnam today. He has 16k followers and is locked out. He's tried numerous ways to report it but it's nearly impossible to find a way to get it back.

m.facebook.com...

Can some please suggest how to go about getting his hip hop page back? 😫

He put so much effort in his page and showing his artistic talent I'd hate to see him lose it all.

It's terrible how everything is done through links if you find the right ones. I believe there should be some real live chat on the other end to help resolve issues...any help would be great and if anything else let's help others along the way.
edit on 6-5-2023 by Skywatcher2011 because: Added link

edit on 6-5-2023 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat May 6 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: censor circumvention in title

posted on May, 6 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I've been reading the horror stories of people loosing their FB pages for quite some time now. FB insists there's nothing they can do about it, and to talk to law enforcement. LE says there's nothing they can do, and talk to FB.

Some of these people have been trying for over a year to get their accounts back. The FB monster just keeps sprouting new heads, especially right after each time they get called on the carpet in front of congress.

I don't know what the plan or the ultimate goal is but, I'm confident in my belief that FB is an integral part of the overall scheme.

posted on May, 6 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1
There’s a page to report an Internet crime to the fbi. They’re totally worthless though as I reported one which was so simple, included messages from the perpetrator, bank statements, an apology, everything you could ask for and four years later I’m still waiting for them to contact me since u call them and they just direct you to the webpage and say they can do nothing until you report it through the site but you report it and voilà…they do nothing.

posted on May, 6 2023 @ 05:02 PM
link   
What happens if they do a simple password reset (I forgot my password) for Facebook ?
I am not asking if they have tried , just what happened .
I am not going to click your link for obvious reasons .
The law is not going to do anything about it as it is a foreign country .
edit on 5/6/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Usually, when someone gets access to a Facebook page or similar, the first thing they do is to change all the security data, so even if he tries to change the password any confirmation will be sent to the hacker instead of him.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: Gothmog

Usually, when someone gets access to a Facebook page or similar, the first thing they do is to change all the security data, so even if he tries to change the password any confirmation will be sent to the hacker instead of him.

A Security code or a link will be sent to the email address tied to the account .
Facebook uses 2-factor sign in .
You would be doing a reset NOT a change .
Now , the problem comes in when the email account is hacked.
That might get tricky.
Although , there are ways to do that as all email accounts have a back up as another account .
Stick with me and I will learn you , young padawan .
edit on 5/7/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
A Security code or a link will be sent to the email address tied to the account .

Can't someone with access to the account change the email address of that account?

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 08:31 AM
link   

You know, I've never giving any site, my info, log ins, passwords, or put anything in any 1( like FB)...or a "Cloud" owned by someone else!

And for God sake kids! Everything you do, or want saved...buty an external drive, dump stuff in it, toss it into a drawer. Nothing lost.

edit on 05230231America/ChicagoSun, 07 May 2023 08:33:02 -050033202300000002 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I personally dont know how that could happen. And as far as log ins go I do get notifications if I make changes ans can authorize by clicking a link I'd get sent in my corresponding email with the account.

This case perplexes me and I'm trying to help my cousin out in czech Republic. There has to be a way that is more bulletproof than FB step by step.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Yeah, with that? Im not your guy. But with FB, my wife.....

Well, my friend? Just save all your stuff off-mobile-cloud-tablet-laptop-. I started saving every damn thing 1ST before posting back in the "My Space" days. Ya learn, ya know!!!!

Good luck, Peace

new topics

top topics

join