It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re-Re-Affirming the 'Breaking Alternative News' Forum

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on May, 4 2023 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Static link to an article from a news organization or website (the 'source')
• Dateline within the past 48 hours
• Exact same title as the cited article
• Your own unique content to spur discussion

(Left the next part out because it's irrelevant to our website)
...Examples that are not considered "a news organization or website" (the 'source'):

Social media (Twitter, Facebook, Parler, etc...)
Other Forums (Reddit, GLP, etc)

Re-Re-Affirming the 'Breaking Alternative News' Forum

Hi guys,
I figured since it's been quite a while since the previous post re: this issue was posted, I'll write up a new one!

Like the previous poster said, Breaking AltNews needs to have stories submitted that are like these:
Did Zelensky tell Murdoch to fire Tucker Carlson?
Jeffrey Epstein associate and JP Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon says 'system is very, very sound' after second largest US bank failure in history.
Illegal immigrant kills 5 in Texas

What's inappropriate:
Man dies after being put in a chokehold by another rider on New York City subway, officials say
Cycling governing body defends transgender participation rules after uproar

Newly revealed text confirms Tucker Carlson is also privately racist

As previous admins have stated,

The Intent of the "Breaking Alternative News Forum" is to provide a single-source place to post relevant articles from other sources that are less than 48 hours old. By relevant we mean topics that related to the "conspiracy theory" and "alternative topics" themes of the AboveTopSecret.com forums. Many of the threads we see in the first to pages of the "Breaking Alternative News Forum" should have been started in other forums on ATS or AbovePolitics.

Our staff continues as usual to clear out the incorrectly submitted threads, and they usually do a pretty great job, so if your post gets moved, there's usually a good reason for it. All of these threads will be moved to other forums on ATS (none will be deleted).

The intent is not to single anyone out or focus/unfocus attention on any particular issue, but to demonstrate how the "Breaking Alternative News Forum" should look without staff intervention.

Thanks for being such a great group of people who are able to have the kind of staying power most forum-based sites only DREAM of!
edit on 04amThu, 04 May 2023 10:07:27 -0500k2023 by Mrs Darko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I guess I don't understand why those you listed as inappropriate, would not be considered appropriate?

Is it the source? Is it just because some might not consider them conspiracy theories?

I'm not trying to be smart, I really do just need clarification, for better understanding.

So should the inappropriate examples be listed under, "other breaking news"? (I think that is a forum)

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Mrs Darko

Yeah. I'm confused too.

Ditto what Chiefsmom said!

However, if a thread is in the wrong forum, will the mods move the thread to the correct forum or just delete the thread?

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I see. So Breaking Alternative News means NO NO NO to mainstream news sources.

Thank you, ma'am.

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

That's a great question! It's bc this is the ALTERNATIVE Breaking News forum - thus, MSM is generally considered "inappropriate", bc this is for the altmedia sources, while the more mainstream media goes in this category here or in other forums.
edit on 04amThu, 04 May 2023 11:11:57 -0500k2023 by Mrs Darko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BeNotAfraid

Exactamundo! We're trying to give the smaller outlets a hand up and stay true to the name of the forum category.

Thank you, ma'am.

You're so welcome!

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Would this go in Breaking Alternative News, because Raw Story not a mainstream news site?

Proud Boys verdict is in: Guilty of seditious conspiracys

And this one, would go in Breaking News, because USA Today is a mainstream outlet?

4 Proud Boys, including leader Enrique Tarrio, guilty of seditious conspiracy for Jan. 6 Capitol attack

edit on 4-5-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Thank you for the clarification! Alt news sources, but not Social media.

Wait...
Don't some people always question Alt news sources as not being "legitimate"?

Think it could get sticky there, maybe?
edit on 4-5-2023 by chiefsmom because: clarify

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   

LOL That was my first thought too. See, I always thought Alternative Breaking News was for stuff like small town news, or scientific and medical news, NASA stuff, etc. And, that Breaking News was for mainstream stream news.

edit on 4-5-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Thank you for the clarification! Alt news sources, but not Social media.

Wait...

Think it could get sticky there, maybe?

Like epochtimes run by China, not a source imo

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Keyword being "Alternative" as "Not so Mainstream" ? 😎

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: errck
Like epochtimes run by China, not a source imo

Except it isn't...

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
AND, have I missed something here. Who is Mrs Darko??? A super moderator after only being a member since 12/04/2023? Please enlighten me.

I'm not sure, but I think Mr & Mrs Darko are new ATS owners. At the very least, they are the representatives of the new ownership here.

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: errck

I'm sorry, but can you source this claim about epochtimes?

I see Epoch Times posting material that MSM won't touch.
edit on Thu May 4 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Thanks, Mrs. Darko.

Really good to see the place is being dusted off, streamlined and made current.

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mrs Darko
a reply to: BeNotAfraid

Exactamundo! We're trying to give the smaller outlets a hand up and stay true to the name of the forum category.

Thank you, ma'am.

You're so welcome!

I commend this.

The "news" paradigm is changing.

+1 more 
posted on May, 4 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Would this go in Breaking Alternative News, because Raw Story not a mainstream news site?

Proud Boys verdict is in: Guilty of seditious conspiracys

And this one, would go in Breaking News, because USA Today is a mainstream outlet?

4 Proud Boys, including leader Enrique Tarrio, guilty of seditious conspiracy for Jan. 6 Capitol attack

IMO, USA Today, Politofact, CNN, and other similar propaganda outlets should be assumed false until proven otherwise. The basis for this is their choice to ignore journalism and instead act as propaganda machines pushing the official narrative and directly engaging in censorship with social media companies. I know several people who had their posts removed by these "fact checkers" who were pro-vaccine and then shocked when their personal testimony of the side effects resulted in their accounts being banned or closed. Any organization who shut down truth and promoted lies multiple times over resulting in the impairments or deaths of millions of people throughout the Covid "pandemic" is (again imo) the furthest thing from a reliable source especially if their main source of revenue is the Ad Counsel, BIg Pharma etc. That's not to say ALL of their information is "Fake News" / propaganda but information from propaganda mills should be scrutinized that much more.

In fact i think a good way to approach this is to start a sub forum called "Propaganda Mills" to house thee links until the information can be proven otherwise. If an outlet is proclaiming to "Trust The Science" and shuts down information by lead virologists and scientists who have built their careers on vaccines like Dr. Boshe, Dr. Malone, and similar individuals who had everything to lose and nothing to gain by speaking the truth about their own field of expertise, then the outlet can easily be labeled a propaganda machine because it adheres to a particular narrative.

The same is said for alt media because there are plenty of alt media sources that are propaganda mills in disguise or post stories so outlandishly false that their goal is to make everyone look foolish and kookie who propagates it.

The caveat being that critical thinking should prevail and fallacies like "attacking the source" should be avoided in moderating the forum because disinformation is propagated by placing good information into discredit sources and bad information in "credible" sources.
edit on 4-5-2023 by Darko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Darko

"Propaganda Mills"...Darko I really look forward to that being a forum.

It is pretty obvious that the left..and the right....are pushing agendas.
Skewed research studies, misrepresented facts, distorted images.......

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 06:29 PM
link   

"None will be deleted"

Thank you, sincerely. Not everyone has the sense to distinguish forums or fiction from fact but they don't deserve to be deleted. Insert Voltaire quote here.

edit on 4-5-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join