It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please get help if you need it

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 3 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   
A friend of ours called last night and it was horrible news.

I have known this lady for 40 years and she is my wife's best friend. Her brother in law committed suicide yesterday by shooting himself in the parking lot where he worked. I didn't know him personally, but I see the devastation it's having on the family.
I know times are tough, money is tight and we all don't see eye to eye on many things, but if you ever find yourself in a similar state of mind, reach out to someone.

We here on ATS will argue, fuss and fight over politics, but we would rally round if you need us. If you can't say what you want here and need to get salty, some of us hang out on Discord, where the language can get a little spicy, so feel free to cut loose.

Just know you are not alone.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

There was a recent Passing close to me as well A school friend took there life.

The Tragedy of a suicide is always such a shock regardless of the situation.

I've been down waaaaay down before , I've been in spots where I've felt there is no way out BUT there is always light at the end of the tunnel there is always a reason to keep living and in the end no matter how hard or terrible it seems we always emerge stronger from it.

I've felt true Evil in my life on a few occasions and I'm not talking about just some bad person no I mean Actual Evil that sucks all the light and happiness out of the present moment , It is with out question the most horrifying feeling I've ever felt .

and that Evil thrives on our giving up and giving in , Evil's greatest Triumph is forcing a person to suicide. Don't give in there is always Light to come.
edit on 3-5-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
a reply to: DAVID64

There was a recent Passing close to me as well A school friend took there life.

The Tragedy of a suicide is always such a shock regardless of the situation.

I've been down waaaaay down before , I've been in spots where I've felt there is no way out BUT there is always light at the end of the tunnel there is always a reason to keep living and in the end no matter how hard or terrible it seems we always emerge stronger from it.

I've felt true Evil in my life on a few occasions and I'm not talking about just some bad person no I mean Actual Evil that sucks all the light and happiness out of the present moment , It is with out question the most horrifying feeling I've ever felt .

and that Evil thrives on our giving up and giving in , Evil's greatest Triumph is forcing a person to suicide. Don't give in there is always Light to come.

isn't it always a chuckle when you look back at the dark times and think about the horrible problem that would never get fixed, and how insignificant it is now.

Always reinforces that it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Things will improve, Karma makes sure of that.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Always reinforces that it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Things will improve, Karma makes sure of that.

very well said.

top topics

join