It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi-Owned Farms Sucking Arizona Water for Export Hay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 07:12 PM
link   
azdailysun.com... cb.html

AZFamily.com reported that the new wells would have pumped up to 3,000 gallons of water per minute. An average Phoenix family of four uses roughly 17,000 gallons of water per month, meaning the two new wells would have pumped in just three minutes what a family of four uses in a month.

complicated subject. long-time USA citizen Arizona farmers are taking lots of water, but at least that food will probably feed the USA, not foreign stock.
considering the vast water issues out west I think the Saudi group should tread carefully.
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: fix linque

edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

azdailysun.com... cb.html
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

both links are 404.

edit on 30-4-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 07:32 PM
link   

not the same as your links, but the same subject.

Although there are no records for how much Fondomonte is pumping out of the aquifer, a State Land Department report estimates the company is swallowing as much as 18,000 acre-feet every year – enough water to supply 54,000 single-family homes.
Saudi water deal threatening water supply in Phoenix

i've said for years and years. foreign governments / companies shouldn't be allowed to own any land over 10 acres even manufacturers,
and then not anywhere near one another or grow and send the products back to their countries. that's part of whats wrong with the our country today selling out to other countries.

another PBS article with a little more info,

In drought-stricken Arizona, fresh scrutiny of Saudi Arabia-owned farm’s water use

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Pumps like those blow up all the time.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I mean, why not pick a water rich area that’s warm year round in South America. Their population density isn’t bad, there are places it’s not a literal desert.

It’s just prodding us to pick an area of the US that has water issues to begin with.

I get it, we buy your oil. But that’s a bit different than buying land and using the water to export. People need water every day for their very existence.

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Big companies will always find a way to suck the "little people" dry, metaphorically or literally speaking.

PS: Long links do not convert well if you do not add a description.
Link

Edited to add: "An average Phoenix family of four uses roughly 17,000 gallons of water per month". That, compared to Portugal, that does not have a water crisis (yet), would be enough for three families, so I suppose average families in Phoenix should also learn how not to use more water than they need.
edit on 1/5/2023 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 08:12 AM
link   
sorry about the links. it worked for me, then it didn't.

Critical, that's a good point. there are plenty of well-watered areas in the Eastern USA as well.

are they purposely targeting water-poor areas? if so why? part of some larger anti-USA agenda?
or maybe they just find Arizona to be civilized and maybe reminds them of their homeland.

eventually I fear the Democrats will start restricting agricultural use of water. they won't say 'farms' they'll say 'big (agri-)businesses are taking all the water from families'. this will impact the working class as California produces a LOT of fruits/vegs for the rest of us.

obviously it would help if they put some restrictions on immigration but that's not going to happen for political reasons.
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add content

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
Critical, that's a good point. there are plenty of well-watered areas in the Eastern USA as well.

Are those areas good for the production of alfalfa, what they were, apparently, growing in this case?

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   
All water should be owned and run by a government, it should never be in private hands as water is essential for humans. As an extra, no foreign country, company or private individual should own vast tracts of land.

new topics

top topics

join