It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another gun killing in Texas

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

In that case, local LE should have arrested the shooter the first time out of the numerous (per the cited article) they were called out there about his discharging of firearms.

I'm not understanding. Shouldn't he have been arrested the first time he started shooting rounds off whether he's here legally or illegally? If he's here illegally, then that would be more charges.

Is there something specific to his immigration status that I'm missing?

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

In that case, local LE should have arrested the shooter the first time out of the numerous (per the cited article) they were called out there about his discharging of firearms.

I'm not understanding. Shouldn't he have been arrested the first time he started shooting rounds off whether he's here legally or illegally? If he's here illegally, then that would be more charges.

Is there something specific to his immigration status that I'm missing?

Yes'm, he should have been, that's what I was saying. American citizenship is a requirement on form4473. That would mean he possessed the firearm illegally. That's a felony.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Yes'm, he should have been, that's what I was saying. American citizenship is a requirement on form4473. That would mean he possessed the firearm illegally. That's a felony.

Okay -- now I gotcha! I knew I was missing something and couldn't figure it out. Thank you for explaining and expanding -- much appreciated!

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Okay -- now I gotcha! I knew I was missing something and couldn't figure it out. Thank you for explaining and expanding -- much appreciated!

You betcha, most welcome!

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Blame the gun.

That’s what will happen anyway.

America is on a one way paths to 1984.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This happened in San Jacinto County near Cleveland (which is in Liberty County).

If I was a betting man, I'd guess that he has ties to some cartel and is hiding with them. We have a lot of cartel activity in small town Texas. Most people aren't terribly aware of it because they never cause trouble... Not blatantly. This ain't Mexico, not is it big city thuggin'.

If I'm correct I guarantee he'll wish he got caught by the cops. Cartels certainly don't want heat in rural Texas. It would definitely harm their operations.

I'm probably wrong, but that's my guess.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

If we're 2nd to last in access to mental health care, then the United States is doing pretty dang well.

We have plenty access here in Texas. They make it so very easy to get mental health care. I only know that because my own experiences with my daughter, her mother (1st wife πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«), and her grandmother and great aunt.

My daughter is in an RTC program currently. My wife and I do not have amazing insurance.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

well guess what? πŸ˜€

Exclusive: Mexican Migrant Wanted for Murder of Five Hondurans Deported 3 Times, Says Texas Sheriff

Well our inklings were correct..

Thank you for that update

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 06:27 PM
link   

A source with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) told Fox News that Oropesa has been previously deported, has "multiple" illegal re-entries on his record, and was last encountered by ICE in 2016. A second source, within the Department of Homeland Security, told Fox News that Oropesa had been deported five times between 2009-2016.

Source

I have lived between Montgomery and Conroe area for decades and it was not until recently did we have issues with Honduras gangs. Cleveland area has always had its issues but there is definitely an uptick in those that know little English..take that for what you will
edit on 1-5-2023 by Kratos77 because: Link Issue

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

He must have gotten the AR 15 from the cartels or the feds , the feds in any case. Hoping he'd do something like this.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 12:54 AM
link   
get used to it some people from some countries are used to this violence,

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The shooter is in police custody. He was picked up not too far from where the shooting happened; a one horse town called Cut and Shoot.
edit on 2-5-2023 by WeDemBoyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 12:32 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Two minutes is all I'd need alone with anyone who would hurt a child and run.

I would go to hell just to find one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join