It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another gun killing in Texas

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

Demoncrat...

If you don't want the thread removed, do remember that ATS does not appreciate referring to people as slurs.

...immigration policies does not help situations like this where probably a legal mexican immigrant...

"Probably" a legal immigrant? I'm assuming you are referring to the legality of his immigration status, because he obviously did not act lawfully while murdering his neighbors. As to his immigration status, that is unknown. We have no more reason to believe he's legal than we have to believe he's illegal.

...saw a house full of illegal hondurians coming into his neighborhood and telling him what to do in his backyard..

I'm assuming you have some reason to think the neighbors were illegal so I will take this at face value, and it still doesn't excuse or justify someone shooting up a family. Lots of people need to ask their neighbors to keep the noise down at all hours, and it has nothing to do with immigration status. Most people know when they're making too much noise, but the overwhelmingly vast majority of people don't shoot their neighbors when they are asked to do so. Most people would not even think about it!

Again, this is not your garden variety crazy.
edit on 30-4-2023 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK
Someone that is drinking a bunch of alcohol likely

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: Boadicea

I do agree, crazy is a nice blanket that fits pretty well. Now, I don't think it will describe everyone the same, it does fit.

There will always be the outliers that just "do it to do it". There will always be the ones that "didn't know they were doing it"

As I am sure you are well aware, this country, has a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem. The current admin refuse to acknowledge that and would rather go after our rights instead. And, it goes much further than just being people killing other people, as you mentioned with the last 3+ years of "trust the science" and "Do this for everyone around you, not yourself" (paraphrasing)

You do realize Abbott cut over 200 million in funding for mental health care and Texas was ranked 2nd to last in access to mental health care right?

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

"Probably" a legal immigrant? I'm assuming you are referring to the legality of his immigration status, because he obviously did not act lawfully while murdering his neighbors. As to his immigration status, that is unknown. We have no more reason to believe he's legal than we have to believe he's illegal.

Again, this is not your garden variety crazy.

Parden my french this keyboard has a mind of its
own.
More information is coming out now.
UPDATE UPDATE
Mexican national wanted in deadly Texas shooting of 5 neighbors sheriff says

www.foxnews.com...

Here is the answer to where he really belonged
in the first place.

The story states newly migrated Hondurians moved in next
to him a week ago and was telling him to stop shooting his
gun in his backyard...

No lines to read between

Democrat immigration policies are
the root of this sad occurrence..

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

As I am sure you are well aware, this country, has a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem.

That's an excellent way to phrase that. (And yes, I do know!)

And, it goes much further than just being people killing other people, as you mentioned with the last 3+ years of "trust the science" and "Do this for everyone around you, not yourself" (paraphrasing)

Apparently, I have to answer carefully so I don't get the thread removed... but yes, this killing and other killings are part of a larger pattern. Guns are easy to blame. They are quick, deadly, and noisy (usually). And the media and politicians and activists make the noise even louder, which probably does encourage other such acts.

But it starts with the individuals. Their minds go there, and their will goes there, and they do it. Most people would not even consider such a thin; and of those who do think this way, they would never act on it.

It is crazy, but the crazy has stepped up. And most likely for many reasons.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

As I am sure you are well aware, this country, has a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem.

It is crazy, but the crazy has stepped up. And most likely for many reasons.

They are noticing that it is more and more socially acceptable to be crazy in public, they are taking their cues form the, as Ketsuko put it the other day, "LGBT+BBQ" squad

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Maybe just maybe if in America cared about mental health there would be less crazies..

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
Maybe just maybe if in America cared about mental health there would be less crazies..

Maybe, just maybe, if democrats hadn't insisted that insane asylums be emptied America wouldn't be dealing with generational insanity.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

Exactly, and we all need education on how to spot it and there needs to be a way to introduce them to help, safely without getting police necessarily involved. Most times thats just going to set the dangerous ones off. But you can't expect a psychiatrist or doctor to confront them either.

I mean this guy had already been warned about shooting prior to the incidence, red flag was there.

Perhaps if just shooting outside was banned in such a populated area, perhaps require a minimum lot size for indiscriminate shooting. This way we still have our guns but hopefully weed out the dangerous ones.

In other words, we have guns but even discharging them unlawfully as should have serious repercussions like a psych evaluation and 72 hours of incarceration.

just spitballing ideas here, know its not perfect but this guy had red flags
edit on 30-4-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic Let’s break it down. An illegal alien (prohibited from entering the U.S. by federal law) obtained a firearm (prohibited by federal firearms law), murdered a family of illegal aliens (also prohibited from entering the U.S. by federal law).

The liberal media focuses and on the firearm itself and criticizes local law enforcement?

No mention of closing the border, deporting illegally present non-citizens, or enforcing federal laws?

And the the incident is being manipulated to support “gun control law” initiatives that wouldn’t have made a #ing difference or deterred the crime itself?

It’s not a firearms or local law enforcement issue. It’s federal incompetence and/or intentional manipulation.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: StreetGlide
a reply to: musicismagic Let’s break it down. An illegal alien (prohibited from entering the U.S. by federal law) obtained a firearm (prohibited by federal firearms law), murdered a family of illegal aliens (also prohibited from entering the U.S. by federal law).

The liberal media focuses and on the firearm itself and criticizes local law enforcement?

No mention of closing the border, deporting illegally present non-citizens, or enforcing federal laws?

And the the incident is being manipulated to support “gun control law” initiatives that wouldn’t have made a #ing difference or deterred the crime itself?

It’s not a firearms or local law enforcement issue. It’s federal incompetence and/or intentional manipulation.

I can't write that well
that is exactly what I was trying to point
out is the meat and potatoes of this whole story.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Mexican national wanted in deadly Texas shooting of 5 neighbors sheriff says www.foxnews.com... Here is the answer to where he really belonged in the first place.

I'm not seeing what you're seeing. "Mexican National" doesn't tell us his immigration status:

Mexican National means a) a person born in Mexico; b) a person born in another country with a Mexican father or a Mexican mother, or both; c) a foreign woman or man who marries a Mexican man or woman and lives in Mexico; or d) a foreigner who becomes naturalized in Mexico.

Mexican National Definition

He is probably a Mexican citizen; he may or may not be here in the USA legally.

The story states newly migrated Hondurians moved in next to him a week ago and was telling him to stop shooting his gun in his backyard... No lines to read between Democrat immigration policies are the root of this sad occurrence..

I don't see anything that says the neighbors were here illegally or legally.

I'm not sure of any city that allows random shootings in anyone's backyard. And I know there is no city anywhere that allows random folks to bust into someone else's home and start murdering people willynilly:

The sheriff told KPRC that Oropeza, a Mexican man, was identified through video showing the suspect going up to his neighbors' door and by a Mexican consulate card.

A total of ten people were inside the home when the suspect entered. Five of those victims died, and another five were not physically injured, Capers said.

"We had company. We were going to make something to eat, the guy, came out, and he was shooting. We asked him to be quiet 'cause my baby was scared," Garcia said via a translator. He recalled telling Oropeza that he would call the police, but before he could do so, the suspect came to his front door and shot his wife, Sonia, where she was standing.

"I never thought that he would shoot. Then he went room to room, looking for people," Garcia said. "He couldn't catch up to me. The bullets were hitting (everywhere)."

These are the actions of a man with a depraved heart.

Depending on this murderer's immigration status, Democrat policies may have enabled him to commit the crime here. But Democrat policies didn't give him a depraved heart or give him the firearm or pull the trigger.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   

They are noticing that it is more and more socially acceptable to be crazy in public, they are taking their cues form the, as Ketsuko put it the other day, "LGBT+BBQ" squad

There is definitely a pattern here. I've noted before that the BLM monster followed the same script. A certain narrative that cannot be deviated from,free speech for me but not for thee, violent protests for me but no protests for thee, and of course the ultimate cancel culture.

I'm inclined to think that all these fringe groups are being organized, coordinated and directed by the same group with the same script and action plan.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

I do agree, crazy is a nice blanket that fits pretty well. Now, I don't think it will describe everyone the same, it does fit.

There will always be the outliers that just "do it to do it". There will always be the ones that "didn't know they were doing it"

As I am sure you are well aware, this country, has a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem. The current admin refuse to acknowledge that and would rather go after our rights instead. And, it goes much further than just being people killing other people, as you mentioned with the last 3+ years of "trust the science" and "Do this for everyone around you, not yourself" (paraphrasing)

You do realize Abbott cut over 200 million in funding for mental health care and Texas was ranked 2nd to last in access to mental health care right?

But he's not a Texas Citizen 😬

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Agreement in most of the post here

The issue is WE don't know the immigration status of ANY of the involved parties at this moment. As deniers of ignorance, it's disingenuous of US to make assumptions to that effect. WE should let the facts play out and reserve judgement until more information becomes available.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   
does anybody know if the AR15 is a Cartel issue left over from F&F ? ☠️

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Moon68 The immigration status is correct. Media is obfuscating it in all but local reports.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Moon68 The immigration status is correct. Media is obfuscating it in all but local reports.

In that case, local LE should have arrested the shooter the first time out of the numerous (per the cited article) they were called out there about his discharging of firearms.

Sounds like a systemic issue across the board: immigration, LE, mental health.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

But he's not a Texas Citizen 😬

Then you should address the post I was responding to, which was blaming the lack of mental health care.

I was providing info that access to it in Texas was cut and is 2nd to last of all the states for access to that care.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I thought he cut funding from a overly bureaucratic department that oversees mental health, not the programs themselves? 😀

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join