It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swear Allegiance to Your King !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 07:42 PM
link   
A week before the big event and another 3 day weekend , Yayyy the King ! , it's been revealed that those poor souls watching the Coronation of King Chaz 3.0 will be invited to pledge an oath of subservience to the Grand Poobah.

The Archbishop of Canterbury said it would "recognise and celebrate tradition" as well as contain "new elements that reflect the diversity of our contemporary society".

The public will be given an active role in the ceremony for the first time, with people around the world set to be asked to cry out and swear allegiance to the King.

This "homage of the people" replaces the traditional "homage of peers" where hereditary peers swear allegiance to the new monarch. Instead everyone in the Abbey and watching at home will be invited to pay homage in what Lambeth Palace described as a "chorus of millions".
www.bbc.co.uk...

Thanks Chaz but , errr , Nah !

Thanks for the day off though.

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Seriously, this guy is an out of touch clown, expect he is pretty low on the popularity scale in the UK
Having said all that, day off would be nice
Hail the king if he can pull that off, otherwise, up your Chaz

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I already did.

Yeshua Hamashiach (Jesus Christ)

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I think a world record will be broken for the most people swearing in English at the same time.

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Will there be ear rides?

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Why don't they take a real vote instead; see where the monarchy really stands? Why the need for this fake show of homage?

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Glad you posted this. How strange is that? Swear allegiance to the King and his heirs? is the Royal Family daft? No way does that go over well in 2023. or does it?

It says that people all over the world can swear allegiance, weirdly sounds as if our reptilian overlords are returning, and Charles is trying to tidy up a bit. Create the illusion the Monarchy is still in power.

Pretty sure I read that here on ATS and I did...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is a phrase and a way of saying called "royal blue blood". The Royal families often described as having blue blood in their veins.

Now, if we believe in all that myth and conspiracy thing that the Royal families are descended from the ancient "Stargods" a.k.a. Aliens/Reptilians/etc - that makes the alien blood blue, doesn't it?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Even if the weirdest theory was true, and she happened to be a lizard person, her faith will have saved her, that belief in the redeeming sacrifice of Christ - that is salvation for all peoples of the Earth, lizard people included. I suspect the only way this could be true is that a serpentine race was born under the aegis of the fallen Watchers of ancient times, the original fallen angels - their offspring became the lizard people who were able to camouflage themselves & offer a pretence at humanity. It's possible, but still, I believe her faith was genuine, and the offspring of fallen angels wouldn't necessarily inherit any special curse which prevents them from coming to a redeeming faith in Jesus Christ. So I stand by what I have written, and i wish her Godspeed in the Heavenly realms.

www.bbc.com...

The public will be given an active role in the ceremony for the first time, with people around the world set to be asked to cry out and swear allegiance to the King.

This "homage of the people" replaces the traditional "homage of peers" where hereditary peers swear allegiance to the new monarch. Instead, everyone in the Abbey and watching at home will be invited to pay homage in what Lambeth Palace described as a "chorus of millions".

The order of service will read: "All who so desire, in the Abbey, and elsewhere, say together: I swear that I will pay true allegiance to Your Majesty, and to your heirs and successors according to law. So help me God."

It will be followed by the playing of a fanfare.

The King obviously needs to work on his wave

edit on 29-4-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Oh dear. This will be very sad to see.

His mother dedicated her reign to serving the people... The peers pledging their allegiance to the king should show their intent to aid the king in serving the people... Once coronated, the king should be pledging his allegiance to serving the best interest of the people.

What is Charles thinking?

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Will there be ear rides?

No, but I did hear there was a House Of Horrors in his Sporran.

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

ME, KING

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Perhaps they'll do a live YouTube feed and live chat for swearing allegiance, repeated on a monthly basis... possibly even pay-to-play donations of a few quid on Patreon; coronations don't come cheap, you know.

Oh, and we mustn't forget the merchandising. I remember a friend having a silver spoon - Charles and Diana wedding souvenir; a limited-edition coronation wooden spoon (made in china) would sit nicely next to that.

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 09:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

OH, MY!!!

The Brits are every bit as f'ed as the Americans!

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Oh dear. This will be very sad to see.

His mother dedicated her reign to serving the people... The peers pledging their allegiance to the king should show their intent to aid the king in serving the people... Once coronated, the king should be pledging his allegiance to serving the best interest of the people.

Clearly thinking the same things as the kin... uh, pResident of the United States; "Screw the people, it's all about me and my family."

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 10:34 PM
link   

edit on 30-4-2023 by ClearQuartz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Oh I know what would've been a fun modern twist on tradition:
They could've made a little platform with a bath tub, drawn by 4 white horses through England defended in rugby gear with inflatable cricket sticks by the current knights and whoever manages to dip any bodypart in the tub with the King gets honorary knighthood.

That would have been an event to remember!
Historic background

In the Middle Ages, knighthood was often conferred with elaborate ceremonies. These usually involved the knight-to-be taking a bath (possibly symbolic of spiritual purification)[16] during which he was instructed in the duties of knighthood by more senior knights. He was then put to bed to dry. Clothed in a special robe, he was led with music to the chapel where he spent the night in a vigil. At dawn he made confession and attended Mass, then retired to his bed to sleep until it was fully daylight. He was then brought before the King, who after instructing two senior knights to buckle the spurs to the knight-elect's heels, fastened a belt around his waist, then struck him on the neck (with either a hand or a sword), thus making him a knight.[17] It was this accolade which was the essential act in creating a knight, and a simpler ceremony developed, conferring knighthood merely by striking or touching the knight-to-be on the shoulder with a sword,[18] or "dubbing" him, as is still done today. In the early medieval period the difference seems to have been that the full ceremonies were used for men from more prominent families.[16]

From the coronation of Henry IV in 1399 the full ceremonies were restricted to major royal occasions such as coronations, investitures of the Prince of Wales or royal dukes, and royal weddings,[19] and the knights so created became known as Knights of the Bath.[16] Knights Bachelor continued to be created with the simpler form of ceremony. The last occasion on which Knights of the Bath were created was the coronation of Charles II in 1661.[20]

wiki

edit on 29-4-2023 by Peeple because: word was wrong, now it's there

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Are these people nuts? They suck.

Because they do and if they’re not, then I’ve got some nuts they can suck.

Someone spent the whole time since lizard breath died bludging and now that Charleston is up to the plate soon they’ve just completely cram sessioned a solution.

It’s the kind of solution you end up with after staying up all night drinking several four packs of half litre Energy drinks.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 03:04 AM
link   
That’s some well researched and executed homework peeps

a reply to: Peeple

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Personally, I'd never swear allegiance to anything or anyone.

But you know as well as I do that its nothing but tradition and ceremony.
When Elizabeth was crowned back in 1953 people swore a similar oath of allegiance.
It may be an anachronism but its part of the pomp and circumstance surrounding such an event.

Still, its another long weekend and an opportunity to while away the hours in the pub with mates - not that I've ever required much of an excuse to do that.

As for The Monarchy in general.
Not a great lover - in principle the concept revolts me - but what are the alternatives?
A Trump or Biden? Maybe a Macron or Merkel?
Or perhaps even a Putin?

As long as Charlie boy keeps out of politics - not that he'd do a worse job than the arseholes in Westminster - then I'm pretty much apathetic towards him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join