It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anarchy in the -UK-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Don't know what I want, but I know how to get it.

Anarchy in the U.K. · Sex Pistols

Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols

℗ 1977 Warner Records Inc.

Producer: Bill Price
Producer: Chris Thomas
Bass Guitar: Glen Matlock
Lead Vocals: Johnny Rotten
Drums: Paul Cook
Bass Guitar: Sid Vicious
Guitar: Steve Jones
Writer: Cook
Writer: Glen Matlock
Writer: JONES
Writer: Johnny Rotten
Writer: Matlock
Writer: Paul Cook
Writer: Rotten
Writer: Steve Jones

edit on 26 4 2023 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

edit on 26 4 2023 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Damn, Tamusan I haven't listened to the Sex Pistols in ages,

Had a really good friend growing up over 40 years ago who was really into the punk scene and England, really before anybody else here was. He actually introduced me to my first wife, and I never thanked him for that. We had some phenomenally good times, we were friends all throughout high school and we all lived together for a while with another friend. Where we and all of our friends drank like fishes and enjoyed the excess of the 80s. I no doubt destroyed my liver, WBW, no wonder my doctor last month looking at my sonogram of my liver and said you used to drink a lot didn't you

LOL thing is looking back those were the best years of my life. The weird thing is we lost touch and last I heard he ended up in Oregon...

Was thinking about those times just this past week

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

My wife was really into punk rock when we met, but we stopped listening for a couple of decades, She's recently gotten back into it.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

I loved the sex pistols as a kid especially when they sailed down the thames in a barge on the Queens silver jubilee , the little rebel in me was born that day .

I had the single of frigging in the rigging which I mistakenly hid in a lena martell record my very very religious grandmother played to her friends guess what it was not one day at a time sweet jesus that dropped down and they fled like a bunch of banshees lol I just arrived at the front door as they were exiting and glaring at me like I was the devil .

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The Sex Pistols were very much a manufactured band but still better than the Clash who I always found cringe inducing with their clichéd Marxist sloganeering. Buzzcocks were the most memorable band from this era.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Anarchy in the UK is the greatest tune ever.
And Never Mind The Bollocks is undeniably the greatest album ever released.

new topics

top topics

join