It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going under the knife of. . . . . dooooom

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Mom had it done last year.

Her eye sight is better than mine now.

She’s in her 80’s.

All the best DB

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Cataract surgery was the easiest procedure I've ever had. The worst part was the dither I worked myself into before the appointment.

Not one second of pain-not even when they numbed my eyes.

Good luck, DB....and if you fake any pain your bride will figure it out.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I wasn't aware you could get this done at the veterinarian?

They've got the cargo ship loading straps and everything?

Well, seems like you're all set DB!

LOL Good luck man!

edit on 4/25/2023 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 07:31 PM
link   

more like this...

It's a piece of cake, Mom had it done when she was in her 70s, but yea I thought I heard about some drops that lessen the effect of glaucoma too

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Just so long as the wife isn’t getting her eyes fixed too, you should be alright😉

I’ve got an astigmatism and considered lasik, so I don’t have to hold my chin up to shoot. As others alluded, I think it’s a pat surgery these days, but I wish you well.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Heeeey DBC!!! Have you noticed the eyes of your Avatar???!!!🤙

You'll be good! God bless

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

It will never go to real human testing. No way they are going to let us get this for under a $100 bucks instead of surgery which cost thousands. (note the article... 6 days of testing... LOL)

myvision.org...

Standard cataract surgery could cost anywhere between $3,000 to $5,000 per eye and $4,000 to $6,000 if laser assistance or advanced lens implants are required.

In comparison, lanosterol eye drops will only cost tens of dollars, making it a considerably cheaper alternative.

Lanosterol reverses the opacity of congenital cataract patient-specific-lentoid bodies derived from human iPSCs

iovs.arvojournals.org...

Conclusions : Our results provide evidence that lanosterol is able to reverses the opacity of CC patient specific LBs, indicating the potential use of patient-specific LB platform in cataract drug screening.

edit on 25-4-2023 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I had both my eyes done, one last August, the second a month later...

I was super anxious so 'signed up' for intravenous sedation, which had specific schedule days. It turned out fine and really was not as big a deal as I had feared.

The main thing is to follow the before and after regimen of eyedrops (combination antibiotic & steroid) religiously - my research showed that it is primarily people who slack off on their before and after care who end up with problems.

Also, you probably won't get any kind of 'good' pain meds., sorry...

The most amazing result for me is the colors of the sky at sunset, I had not realized how much I was missing.

Good luck - you'll do great!

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Not really. But am getting cataract surgery done next week. Apparently that filmy smear across my left eye is NOT cream cheese.

Wife and I are actually spending the night at a fancy-pantsy hotel the night before then I go under the knife the following morning.

Anyone else ever get a lens replacement? My insurance refuses to cover a laser beam implant so that sucks, but other than that, am looking forward to reading again and not having everything on the computer "super-sized".

Get them to run that lazer over your nutz once or twice. Makes ‘em big and bouncy and juicy. Only 10 bucks extry.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Me too Cowboy, though not until September. I've got all the drops ready. Everyone, and I mean everyone I have talked to about this who have undergone the procedure tell me they wish they had not waited so long. All have said it is so simple and painless I'm now eager.

Way back in the 1950s I had to do a science report on the eye. It just amazed me. It scared the crap outta me. So fragile, so intricate and everything else. From that I developed a phobia about anyone touching or even getting close to my eyes for fear of messing with this marvelous creation, but now I am, with diminished trepidation, moving towards it.

Looking forward to your recovery story DB.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Dad had both of his done and it was easy peasy lemon squeezy.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I already feel sorry for your wife.

Recently, I was tinkering around in the garage with an electric motor. I was trying to remove one of the clips and stabbed myself in the hand.

I came in bleeding and my wife was concerned and aided me in cleaning it and wrapping it up.

She asks, "are you alright?"

I said no, I now know what its live to give birth...to twins.

She doesn't want to help anymore.

It's a good thing I do not get very sick with the flu or other problems very often. Because I whine like hell...I can even tell I am a Cry baby when I am inconvenienced with illness. She gets way sicker and I am glad I don't get like that because I can care for her.

Guys are usually big whiners when they get sick or work. I guess I have learned this in the last fifty years since I paid attention so I have an excuse and am considered normal in this world. I bet most of the women here will agree with me on this.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I know quite a few people who had the surgery for cataracts and everyone I know who had it did not get worse, most had a big improvement from the operation...but even though they were pleased with the results, most said their vision was still not as good as it was when they were young. Adding the lens in to correct vision doesn't make things perfect at all distances, but it helps for certain distances.

My question is why are there so much more cataracts in old people now vs back in the seventies? I can tell if someone has cataracts just by looking at them, and I did not see that clouding nearly as often in older people when I was young.

One of three older people seem to be having their cataracts working on these days....and the presence of them is easily seen in their eyes. I have problems but my problem is more like Wilson's disease and it is not really bad enough yet to worry about. I think that the LED lights and screens caused some macular generation in me over the last eight years, but I was reading so much research over the years that I am certain that it didn't help. Mine may look somewhat like Wilson's but also resembles macular degeneration too. I suppose I should go see an eye doctor one of these days to get it checked out.

The success rate of cataract surgery is really good these days, but there is still a small chance of complications...I will consider having mine done in the future if I don't kick the bucket first.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
The doc first put my wife on eyedrops to see if that would help before thinking about surgery .

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: infolurker
The doc first put my wife on eyedrops to see if that would help before thinking about surgery .

Which ones? Did it do anything positive?

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I've had a few eye procedures, but not the cataract surgery.

Will you be conscious during the procedure?
If not, then I have to report that the thing that bothered me the most was having something coming at my eye. I always have an overwhelming urge to back away.
So, always difficult for me.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

I've had a few eye procedures, but not the cataract surgery.

Will you be conscious during the procedure?
If not, then I have to report that the thing that bothered me the most was having something coming at my eye. I always have an overwhelming urge to back away.
So, always difficult for me.

My wife had lasik. They force your eye to stay open and the thing comes right down onto your open eye... she was awake

I don't think I could do it.

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I had a double about 10 years ago. It was a little weird, but as was said before, no big deal. My insurance wouldn’t cover the 20/20 lenses.

My vision really cleared up. Wish I would have put up the extra cash at the time for perfect vision.

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I bet most of the women here will agree with me on this.

Pshaw...

What would a woooman possibly know about pain!?!?

*ducks* *dodges* *bobs* *weaves*
edit on 26-4-2023 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Not really. But am getting cataract surgery done next week. Apparently that filmy smear across my left eye is NOT cream cheese.

Wife and I are actually spending the night at a fancy-pantsy hotel the night before then I go under the knife the following morning.

Anyone else ever get a lens replacement? My insurance refuses to cover a laser beam implant so that sucks, but other than that, am looking forward to reading again and not having everything on the computer "super-sized".

I had both done a few weeks apart.. Cost was $1000 (no insurance) an eye and then another $20 for eye drops and meds.. Best thing I have done for this old body.. I do not need glasses to read even though the lenses were supposed to be for seeing a golf ball at 300 yards ! Good luck D.C. Besides being able to see better I feel like my eyes are from the Borg as they do not seem to part of me anymore !!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join