It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiences with GABA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Today, my personal trainer suggested me start taking a supplement called GABA, as it improves sleep and can increase HGH levels in the body, which helps build additional muscle mass faster.

Based on initial googling it seems relatively safe, as it is naturally produced in the body, although when I dug deeper, it seems to be a bit controversional. The user in Reddit have had different kinds of experiences - good and bad.

I was wondering, whether anybody here has got experience with it. Could you please describe?
edit on 25-4-2023 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

I don't know but GABA is an international company exporting everything you can think of. It's GABA GABA GABA here. From bananas to herbs and spices and the list goes on and on.
It's like one day they owned the shelves over night. What caught my attention was the bananas and avocadoes. That's when I said, " what the heck is going on"? I thought Dole was the King of exports.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I don't have any personal experience with GABA, but I was curious and decided to take a looksee.

Apparently the muscle building and weight loss occurs in combination with whey, which I know is already popular with weight training.

And it seems relatively safe, with blood pressure fluctuations one possible side effect. If you're having blood pressure issues, you'll need to keep in mind that GABA reduces blood pressure. If your blood pressure is already low, the GABA could reduce it too much. If you're taking meds for high blood pressure, the GABA could likewise reduce your blood pressure too much.

Be careful and be safe. And good luck!

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I am not familiar with that supplement.
I will share this link, as I think Dr. Axe is a pretty reliable source for supplement reviews/uses.
draxe.com...

[ftr...not a fan of his new website design
]

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I took it it for a short while about 20 years ago when searching for natural, legal highs, and recall it slightly helping to improve my mood, but nothing significant enough to warrant long term use. This was also along with 5HTP.

Might have to revisit it, just for the potential mood boost.

I don't recall it being dangerous in any way, unless *abused*.

GABA: NIH

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I never tried GABA but do take supplements that do increase GABA. Taurine increases GABA. NAC can increase GABA and Gluthione. Glutamine can increase GABA too in certain parts of the nervous system. N-acetal carnatine also increases GABA. I think all of those can be used to maintain muscle mass too if I remember right.

I use those supplements to help to control my epilepsy.

Good grass fed beef liver and increasing fish consumption can help to increase GABA. So can some specific veggies.

Like I said, I have not tried GABA so I cannot tell you how it will work. Always remember, getting the proper amount is essential, too much long term might cause side effects. Since I have not personally tested GABA I cannot give you any information on what is the best amount, maybe someone else can tell you who has personally tested on themselves. I am not doing things to increase muscle mass, I do it to moderate brain signals with my epilepsy.

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Isn’t this in every energy drink? Where are all the people!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Is it this?

www.1mg.com... › medicines › gabajoy-168329

From the label stress reducer, positive feelings, boost focus and performance

Gabajoy 300mg/500mcg Tablet is a combination of two medicines: Gabapentin and Methylcobalamin. This medication is useful in the treatment of pain due to nerve damage (peripheral neuropathy). This medication works by regenerating damaged nerves in the body and decreasing the pain sensation.

If so I take this for peripheral neuropathy, and it seems to lower my Meneires symptoms and takes the edge off but I don't take it every day. Ive read that it's better to take it before you go to bed. FWIW I haven't had any of the side effects listed either.

My sister swears by it, she says it knocks her occasional anxiety attacks down,

and Im a believer myself, the 6-7 people who I told about it, say it helps them too. The little store sells quite a bit, so Im, not the only one taking it seems.

edit on 26-4-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Thought I will share my short-term experience. I have been taking this supplement for a week now and the results are amazing.

I fall asleep much faster and the sleep is just so refreshing. I feel so energized. I always tend to be high-energy, but this is next level. The focus and moods have improved a lot as well.

I highly suggest to anyone, who is considering using it.
edit on 1-5-2023 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

top topics

join