It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would it be better for DeSantis not to run this time?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

That would be illegal

Oh, snap! I forgot politicians don't break the law. Silly me....

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

Because I do not consider it be torture

Tulsi is a snake in the grass, The left didnt even want her.
edit on 24-4-2023 by EmeraldCoastFreedm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmeraldCoastFreedm

Because I do not consider it be torture

Tulsi is a is a snake in the grass, The left didnt even want her.

Not sure what to say if you don't think what happend at GITMO was torture. Kinda shocking how little morals and ethics people have. I guess all that matters is having your party win.

Hopefully the younger generations will vote better and change things. The older generations are a lost cause at this point.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie
Yea! Lets elect another anti-woke divisive Republican whose plan for America is.... who knows?! He's not a democrat!

And who cares that he has allegations of assisting in the torture of GITMO prisoners. No biggie!

Obama? You know he continued ALL of that.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Being judged about Morals by you after seeing some of your posts around here is hilarious.
The only reason I replied to you is because you were purposely using the word torture and being vague about it.
So I stated the process as directed by government

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Hopefully the younger generations will vote better and change things. The older generations are a lost cause at this point.

The 'older generation' will be gone in ten years, and then the youngsters can vote for what they want. Sadly, what voters want never turns out to be what there candidate said they would be voting for.

As long as there is so much money to be had in politics what the people want is a non-issue. They hear us; they do lip service to get our vote, and they continue to widen the divide between them and the citizens.

My best advice: Study life in China, because that's how you will be living soon, regardless of who you vote for.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It is going to be a lot longer than 10 years to weed out anyone against democrat policies

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

He certainly is rubbing his hands together gleefully.

Newsom has turned California into a woke hell place.
And he would do the same for The US.

Yes he would and for the last 3 years hes been courting the hell out of Biden, hes also had an immense ammount of visits there.

If you dig a little theres a lot of other stuff, but I would count my bet as being Newsome, and honestly if it is , I absolutely think DeSantis should run, hes got the points on the board and doesnt engage in the bullsht

Ive defended Trump against the unfair stuff, and the crap that has happened that we know wasnt true, but just like when he ran in 2016 I wont defend him against lies and slander that he puts forth on other people that arent true.

Im not loyal to any other man but my creator, and my loyalties go God, Family, Country, in that order, no where in there is another mans name, in that, I do not owe any loyalty to Trump, just the TRUTH and the Constitution to which i pledged an oath and shed blood for, this country.

What im seeing out of the Trump camp right now since November against DeSantis is disgusting, lies and liable, Trump has attacked him relentlessly and this man has showed the utmost restraint, while STILL getting wins for Florida.

I expect to see him do the same for this country , so as far as im concerned he gets my vote.

And before we start talking about how much the Bushes like him, lets not forget Trump CURRENTLY has his campaign manager as a Bush boy, and another leading his New Hampshire campaigning is ALSO one of the Bushes former campaign champions.

Trump has advocated for TOO MANY RINOs and let TOO many RINOs slide to believe ANYTHING he says about that end of the spectrum

After all his campaign buddy right now is Lindsey Graham and Lindsey just attacked DeSantis a few weeks ago for saying we should cull the funding in both arms and money to Ukraine and put a stop to it. Graham then went on to talk about how the US owes it to Ukraine to give them every spare penny we got.

Im done man.....

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I don't disagree with you on any points sir.

Hang in there, I know your not done yet.

Neither am I.

edit on 24-4-2023 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
twitter.com...

Came across this link to Twitter from another website. DeSantis is asked today what he thinks about trailing Trump in polls, and he gives a pretty clear reaction that he doesn't like that question and he doesn't like trailing Trump. He also states he still hasn't decided whether he will run or not.

I think that's BS, he decided months ago, but now Trump is outshining mini-Trump, because nobody can out-Trump Trump at his own game.

So what does this mean for DeSantis? Is it better to run this time, in 2024, and potentially come out damaged, or to sit this out and run in 4 years when Trump is either too old or already done with his second term?

In 4 years he'd be running as a first time candidate, no losses yet, in the primaries or anywhere else. If he lost in the primaries to Trump, he'd come back with lots of baggage in 2028. Not counting how dirty that primary will be between the two of them.

Losses in multiple previous primaries didn't slow down 81 Million Joe...

No reason De Santis shouldn't run in 2024 if he is up to the task, but I was always thought the more the candidates, the better chance of not getting a lousy President.

All DeSantis or any other candidate in any party has to do, is tap into a healthy percentage of those 75 million plus eligible voter block. Honestly, all it would take is another Republican candidate to pull more than just a few wary previously likely Trump voters, closing the current gap, and DeSantis if running would likely win the nomination, the question is who will run that will tap into that base a little.

I love how people speak with such surety when America always has had shocker candidates win, especially recently. Trump won by tapping into that unrealized eligible but not currently voting base, once it gained momentum the rest of the RNC has to fall in line.

www.usatoday.com... › story › news › factcheck › 2020 › 12 › 30 › fact-check-fals-president

More than 159 million registered voters cast ballots in the general election, out of 239 million eligible voters

edit on 25-4-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

I don't disagree with you on any points sir.

Hang in there, I know your not done yet.

Neither am I.

Youre right, lol but its hard

Its hard especially not seeing Trump answer for Covid lockdowns and letting Fauci and the W.H.O basically run over our constitution and hospital protocol....

I was almost a victim of that if yall remember when i posted my Covid Delta experience. If i hadnt of left that place they were going to FORCE me against my will on a vent, the survival rate for that is super low. Especially when i was of mind to deny it and they told me they would sedate me and do it anyway. My recovery took a while but at least my personal physician had the presence of mind to put me on steroids' and that saved my damn life, something the hospital didnt even consider, and once i was out they literally said "good luck"

We watched people die IN the hospital not at home to much of a rate....

Anyway lol ill stop ranting, my point is he could have put an end to all that and he didnt, he also threatened states who refused to shut down.

hes literally answered for NONE of this but then goes back and pretends he was a patriot with how he approached things, those of us with a memory remember we were PISSED with how he did so .

I digress, i reckon ill get gone after like i did in 2016 when i actively campaigned against him for this exact sort of stuff....slander/lies/ inconsistencies

I had hoped with his presidency he had learned much, it is clear he has not and has instead learned how to manipulate even more

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 10:59 PM
link   
DeSantis is probably better off running in 2028. He should focus on finishing his term as governor of Florida, for one thing. For another, Trump seems like he is going to be the nominee, unless he gets taken out by more indictments... although I'm sure Trump is determined enough to run the country from prison if he has to.
edit on 24pmMon, 24 Apr 2023 22:59:47 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The Boomers are just hell bent on not letting go of power, Mcconnell, Grahm and younger Rinos like Crenshaw need to be flushed down the toilet.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

It is all superficial BS.
Hell they froth at the mouth when a dem changes parties.
Yet they do very little if any at all to take the time to look at previous policies of said people.
The only thing that matters is that letter before the name.
After that R is present nothing matters.

Was ATS always like this? I don't remember it being a Republican worship forum before Trump's reign. Perhaps it was a bit more mixed until Trump came along and the forums were spammed with Trump cultist love letters every day.

I remember a time when both parties and medias were criticized heavily. Maybe my memory is flawed. But i remember ATS having a lot more educated and thought-provoking takes - nows its mostly just 'VOTE REPUBLICAN DEMOCRAT BAD:

Or maybe everything changed. Reddit is the same. So many diehard leftists that it is unbearable and very few people have orginal takes. Are people so blind not to see that they're being pushed into this civil-war mentality and hatred of each other over parties that are both corrupt?

This forum used to not be like this at all.
Users here used to make funnies at even the idea of Trump running.
But around 2015 a certain few users started flooding the mudpit with anti government pro Trump crap.....which btw he had won the position everyone cursed.
It's very easy to spot said users.
Hell one calls him master while the other plays tick tock....

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmeraldCoastFreedm
The Boomers are just hell bent on not letting go of power, Mcconnell, Grahm and younger Rinos like Crenshaw need to be flushed down the toilet.

I agree. Us Boomers have screwed up enough. It is time to let the next generation finish the job.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 05:57 AM
link   
DP
edit on 25-4-2023 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
DeSantis is probably better off running in 2028. He should focus on finishing his term as governor of Florida, for one thing. For another, Trump seems like he is going to be the nominee, unless he gets taken out by more indictments... although I'm sure Trump is determined enough to run the country from prison if he has to.

I am NP. Personally, I believe the best way to make sure the Democrats have another win, is to run with Trump.

It really does not make that much difference because if the best that the Democrats and the Republicans have is Trump and Biden, then the country has reached the bottom of the barrel and is destined to fail anyway.

Both have two feet in the grave and are just waiting for Charon to ferry them across.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

originally posted by: combatmaster
Desantis is good domestically. But he cannot compete with Trump internationally. World leaders are afraid of Trump because he is unpredictable. Thats why he should be president!

a reply to: Mahogany

I agree on the unpredictable aspect.
But do you really want someone with that much power that doesn't fully understand geopolitics?
That is a gamble I wouldn't make.
But you do you mate

Yes i do... if memory serves correctly, it was under this 'someone that doesnt fully understand geopolitics' that the world was moving towards peace in every region.

Fact is it aint that complicated..... keep the barbarians at bay (theres geopolitics for u in a nutshell)... Trump knew how to do that., desantis doesnt! Hes too clean.. too sane!!!!

Bwahaha the world was moving towards peace....
What a load of crap
I get you like Trump and on some issues I really did like his approach.
....every region huh...
Ya nah

Are you not conscious of reality???
North Korea disarmament talks
Historic middle east Abraham accords
Iran was quiet in its place
China was quiet
Russia wasnt invading

Cmon man,... dont play dumb.... Internationally at least things were better for the west under Trump and you know it, and the world knows it!

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I'm glad you made it out alive. The Covid protocols were all wrong,
nothing the Gov did worked well. Most if it didn't work at all,
some of it was dangerous and deadly. I don't think we are out
of the woods yet.

Perhaps the one thing I might add, a caveat; Trump was
cut off from power in many areas, especially Covid.
There was Fauci running the show, and Birk. Those
two, like a two headed monster did so much damage.

Yes, I wish Trump had stopped them, but Fauci was
deeply embedded, IMO a sleeper. Maybe Trump didn't
see that at first, I only know how the media demonized
him for any suggestion he made if it didn't fit the CDC
narrative. Not giving him a pass, but he is only human.

Many people are not antivax, but since the Covid
vax is really only gene therapy, it is at best sketchy.
At least Trump didn't mandate the vax, Biden did
and ruined hundreds of thousands of lives, and
livelihoods.

I think his polices were far better for The U.S. than
Bush, Clinton, Carter, Obama, & Biden.

The U.S. is on a path where we will wake up one day
and she will not be recognizable from what we once knew.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 07:19 PM
link   

a reply to: EmeraldCoastFreedm

Watch the interview of the prisoner (who was found innocent) and what he and others had to go through while DeSantis was there.

So... you just believe them? 'Believe all terrorist suspects' is it now?

They could be telling the truth, but they could just as easily be lying their asses off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join