It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy St George's day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Once again, here we are on that national saints day TPTB try and forget about,
That saint that the loony left never fail to remind us was a Turk...

I have to level with you, I don't believe he actually killed a dragon, so I don't care if he was a Turk or not either.
I'm also no Christian so don't have much truck with saints overall.

Anyway, have a good day all you who can trace some of your ancestry back to these septic isles and, if you are of a mind to, raise a glass to the patron saint of England.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Happy St George's Day my friend.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Thanks for the reminder Sprocket , once again I had no idea , not heard a murmur about it yet St Patrick's day gets well reported and he only removed Snakes !

Guess as it's celebrated by flying the English flag that's seen as somehow racist.

Happy Eid al-Fitr.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Saints were first mentioned by King David in the Psalms , so they belong to every related religion and denomination both Hebrew Christian and Muslim.
The only dragons I believe in are dead dragons so good for St. George , good for England , good for Georgia and salutations to the Turkish .

I'm quite sure that dead dragon was asking for it .

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Haha wow mate awesome! not heard the Upstarts in ages
To be fair I think Mensi had the sort of voice best suited to shouting into the mic really

a reply to: gortex
Same here I have a theory as to why too. It never fails to annoy me every year

a reply to: ShouldersofGiants
I think if I believed in dragons I would feel sorry for the poor old blighter

edit on 55pSun, 23 Apr 2023 04:17:55 -050020232023-04-23T04:17:55-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: still cant quote etc properly

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 05:00 AM
link   

The Upstarts were a great band with some fantastic tunes.
Mensi's voice was definitely more suited to songs like Who Killed Liddle Towers, Police Oppression, I'm an Upstart, Never 'Ad Nothing etc but England is a quality tune.

I met Mensi a couple of times thanks to mates who supported The Upstarts and I've got to say he was a bit of a punk Diva and it was frustrating as hell watching him live - seen them maybe 6 or 7 times - as he just talked #e for ages in between songs.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Haha I gotta say mate I am jealous despite your warning about him being a bit of a diva

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I always thought the dragon was Wales?

Still don't understand why Edmund, England's original patron saint was deposed and replaced by a Turk. (St Edmunds day is 20 November.)

And if George was nominated for bringing the Welsh to heel, what does it matter now that we're all Brexit buddies?

Wondered why we couldn't have both Edmund and George. Turns out (according to Wikipedia) England has 7 patron saints: George, Gregory the Great, Augustine of Canterbury, Edmund the Martyr, Edward the Confessor, Michael the Archangel and Our Lady of Walsingham.

Happy St George's to all -

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Legend has it that that old dragon was nicking kids at night and " eating them : .around the Vale of the White Horse .
The visiting George then sought out this " dragon ";the villagers were afraid of and emptied his blood out on the " castle mound " next to the chalk escarpment where the horse was anciently drawn . ( about 3000years ago. )

Thus the historical setting remains the same today.
For example you could feel sorry for Jess Staley who suicided himself like Epstein , his other friend , of dragronry worship. Ex friends , theyre now mates with Rigger Mortice and his merry band .

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: teapot

My vote would be with Augustine of Canterbury.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 06:47 AM
link   

That just takes all the romance out of it mate

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
That saint that the loony left never fail to remind us was a Turk...

The Left have a habit of revisionism. St George was not a Turk. He was born in the Roman Republic of Cappadocia, well before Turkey was created. He was a Roman.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

He was a Roman.

And what did the Romans ever do for us ?

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I don't recommend feeling sorry for the dragon. Blood doesn't smell that good. They say it stained the land there and still does. Ask the Heritage England perps I mean peoples. if they dig that patch to keep it that way so the legend stays the same . That'd be interesting. For some reason it had to be let right in front of everyone. We all know he slew a dragon , but that someone's father smelled of Elderberries may have been rumoured along the way we re not sure of.

Where the psalm says " Sit thou at my Right Hand , until I make thine enemies My footstool "
Read carefully.
And the first thirty are the true faith . They weren't upto nothing in Sodom and Gormmorrah and David slung a stone to fell a giant. The stories of their lives were all that you were not able to kill them , including Jesus and moses and Muhammed.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I've been round there the little hill by the white horse.

It's a neat story true enough.

Strange though how Occidental dragons are evil while Oriental ones generally are not.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   

In folktales, dragon's blood often contains unique powers, keeping them alive for longer or giving them poisonous or acidic properties. The typical dragon in Christian culture protects a cavern or castle filled with gold and treasure. An evil dragon is often associated with a great hero who tries to slay it, and a good one is said to give support or wise advice.

Perhaps the Orient have evil dragons too @ European Dragon., wiki

top topics

join