It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing the letter colors on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 02:06 AM
link   
The current green coloring makes the search results hard to read. I can't find any settings that allow me to adjust the color,so I'm hoping I just overlooked something.

Thanks in advance

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr. Strangelove

it is frustrating I have to highlight the text to read it

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr. Strangelove Its really frustrating as I was trying to find a certain thread. In the Hope's of brushing up on a few facts. Well in short I gave up as I was unable to read the title's

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Are you using light or dark mode?

It's been quite awhile but I think that the contrast, or lack thereof, caused me to switch from light to dark mode about a decade ago.

If it helps anyone, there's a circle in the above toolbar, to the right of "myATS" that's half black and half white. Clicking that should swap from light to dark or vice versa.

I also just checked on mobile ( Android / Chrome ) and the circle to do this is directly to the right of the ATS banner.

Hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 02:28 AM
link   
FWIW it would show up fine if the screen was in dark mode, it got to be a simple fix I would assume.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I sometimes use colors because on a phone it is much easier to read. At least for me that is.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

It's been quite awhile but I think that the contrast, or lack thereof, caused me to switch from light to dark mode about a decade ago.

If it helps anyone, there's a circle in the above toolbar, to the right of "myATS" that's half black and half white. Clicking that should swap from light to dark or vice versa.

I also just checked on mobile ( Android / Chrome ) and the circle to do this is directly to the right of the ATS banner.

Hope this helps.

That , and Windows' night light on .(adjust the percentage to taste)

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Thanks. We've been looking into this. Unfortunately the developer who built the site is long gone and something is overriding the color. I've personally looked at it and it's programmed to be blue (readable in both dark and light) but the color is stuck for some reason. We are aware of it though but admittedly, put it on the back burner so we appreciate the reminder! I'll take a look and see if I can find any solutions.

Oh. Here is the weird thing too. When I use my development tools and highlight the color it returns as the correct blue color but it's clearly not! So it's some kind of weird display caused by something somewhere... it's a very strange glitch,
edit on 23-4-2023 by Darko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Darko
I had this problem when I tried making my own website. Not this exact one but a similar one.

Check for CSS file order in the code and work yourself from the last included CSS.

There may be a "make it green" CSS entry down the road that is executed after the correct one?

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Darko

was able to change the search Title color by editing color here ----

a.gs-title [
color: #c0e8d0 !important;
text-decoration: none !important;
font-size: 18px !important;
]

----------------

edit on 23-4-2023 by AttitudeProblem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Hope this helps.

FWIW dark mode doesn't affect the search results box. It still looks the same either way. Now I see people are paying attention, I'm saying it.

edit on 23-4-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I appreciate the correction. It's been quite awhile since I used ATS's built in search.

It's been awhile since I last offered completely useless or off topic ATS advice.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This has only been a problem since hand over of ATS. I'm glad the mods are aware of this glitch. Fingers crossed you find a work around

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Every comptr has settings for your letter colors, highlight colors, size...every color can be at your way.

Then, choose light or dark on ATS. I have highlights yellow with purple and in Dark mode.

Advice: Control Panel settings.

edit on 04234930America/ChicagoSun, 23 Apr 2023 09:34:49 -050034202300000049 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

FWIW dark mode doesn't affect the search results box.

That would mean it's probably an applet or separate mod. That's important info.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Every comptr has settings for your letter colors, highlight colors, size...every color can be at your way.

Then, choose light or dark on ATS. I have highlights yellow with purple and in Dark mode.

Advice: Control Panel settings.

Also true but would be in the browser settings. The only way I know of doing it in windows for all text (likely not what the OP would want - across all platforms? no way) is in the registry.

If you're using Chrome, you have extensions that will let you change browser type. You can even create a shortcut and have the text in that window a certain color as well... all of which takes some tweaking and some google searches if you dont know what you're doing.

An extension might be the best and easiest way to go.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Timber13

Good afternoon. Correct. I was stating that even way back since WIndows 95...even earlier...the internal selector was (still is on PCs) CONTROL PANEL.

I had some crazy a-- colors n settings then! I digress...to your point. Yes, it will affect the entire pc...Smart Phone world of today? Theres some a lot...some a little, some nothing!

Best.

top topics

join