It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Government Emergency Alarm Test Tomorrow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Big Brother will be sending out an Emergency Alert over the air to everyone's mobile devices tomorrow early evening so we can be advised of dangers like weather or other unforeseen events ... how reassuring.

If like me you don't want to be a part of this game you can disable it in your device settings , thanks but no thanks Bro.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I love how governments get citizens to allow them into their life’s under the guise of “safety” and “warnings of danger”. Lol!! Do not open the door for the Wolf little red riding hood!! a reply to: gortex

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Now I know none of us had mobiles in the 80s but they didnt even do this then at the height of the cold war, I cant recall a single siren test.

Makes me a bit worried they are about to escalate things with the Russians or Chinese

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Isn't it about time to modernize the emergency broadcast system (US) that goes over TV and radio? Fewer and fewer people tune in that way but almost everyone has a mobile device.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Duly disabled along with the scamdemic alerts.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

With a text maybe but an audible alarm = fear and fear is a method of control.

The question is are they only going to us in a genuine emergency or will it be popping off to warn of a gust wind or heavy rain or Miss Jones's cat is stuck up a tree !

I think keeping abreast of what's going on is the best option , don't need no government Alerts.
edit on 22-4-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Thanks for the reminder, was thinking it was next weekend.

Any advice or points to decent tutorials on how to disable it for an android phone? I think such schemes should be opt in plus out with my nephew tomorrow and don't want him worrying something is going on. I'm completely illiterate smart phone wise.

It doesn't seem a very useful system and far easier for an advisary to disable than the prior public phonebox Emergency Broadcast System that was resilient to nuclear attack.

Also not made a thread on it yet but you now need photo ID to vote - you can apply for a free valid ID here but the government are doing their best to keep it secret: www.gov.uk...
edit on 22-4-2023 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
I think keeping abreast of what's going on is the best option , don't need no government Alerts.

If I'm about to be incinerated, I'd rather be blissfully unaware than spend my last moments with a phone screaming at me.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

If you open your setting and type " emergency alerts" in the search bar it will give you the options to turn off.

edit on 22-4-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Danger, alert, danger! There has been rumours of a violation of section A-1 of the protect act. Please reply to this message and tell us where and who the perpetrators are. We will send an anti-virus task force to eliminate the subversive elements - remember, compliance keeps you safe.

Also, this month's ration is half a gram of lab grown meat and 3 crickets. We are strong when we stay vigilant. Thank you citizen.

You HAVE to remain fearful. Fearful people do not reason well. Fearful people cling to weak leaders and tyrants like glue. The governments real currency is the fear of its population.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Now I know none of us had mobiles in the 80s but they didnt even do this then at the height of the cold war, I cant recall a single siren test.

Siren tests happened every Wednesday at 2:00pm. We called it the "Mama whistle." If you heard it and it wasn't Wednesday afternoon, run home to Mama. We also did "duck & cover" under our school desks. Good times.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Those desks were made well weren't they? to protect you from a nuke going off

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If I'm going to obliterated by a nuke or a meteor I don't think I want to be warned first.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I recall hearing a nuclear/war test siren during my youth in the UK (mid 80s)

The haunting history of the air-raid siren

Once a familiar sound whilst being tested everywhere from villages to the largest cities, the UK’s air-raid siren network was eventually decommissioned in 1993 at the end of the Cold War

big brother loves a dose of fear over its public every now and then
edit on 000000p3012America/Chicago422202364 by UpThenDown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

My thoughts exactly.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   

It wouldn’t surprise me if all of us who have disabled the alerts get put on a ‘special list’. 😂

And then they’ll compare that list to the ‘non vaccinated’ list, and label us as troublemakers! 🤪

We’ll be in so much trouble now. 🥸🥸😂😂

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

There is also a separate 'crisis alert' tucked away somewhere ....only heard about it today.
Found my one under ...notifications...google app.

For more info go to fair play now channel on yt (4.20 minutes in).....shows how to find it on i phone.

edit on 22-4-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

You have a poor memory, plenty of siren tests back then.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   

" unforeseen events "

As in Preparations for the Event of a Nuclear Confrontation ...........................BEEP..

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Tortuga

Honestly, I grew up in an army town and cant recall one. I never even had a walkman back then so cant say they were going off but never heard them.

I honestly never heard one in the 80s when I was a teenager.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join