It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto Airport and the missing 20 million in gold airfreight container

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   
IMO this had to be partly an inside job as the freight containers do not just get up and walk off on their own.. 20 million in gold and other items is quite a haul if the crooks can get away with it. youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   
not to be arbitrary, but 20 million estimate by jack legs means maybe a million on the street. I figure it would actually be a lot less. Why didn't they tell us what the stuff was? Art, jewlery, conductive material, weapons components , it is rather odd..'high value shipment'

what's 20 million divided by 60..hang on..yeah..300,000 is my bid sight unseen..unless I find out its human beings ,tobacco, or EPA stuff..then I'm out of course..or if the seller works for 'God' or any iteration thereof..probly cuts me out of the bidding

good material for the storyline
edit on 21-4-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: .

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
IMO this had to be partly an inside job as the freight containers do not just get up and walk off on their own.. 20 million in gold and other items is quite a haul if the crooks can get away with it. youtu.be...

Yep the most advanced and highly trained facial recognition and security in the Western world, but they just walked out with the Gold.

Somethings fishy here bro...not sure what, but I'm with you, thinking inside job at the higher levels.

edit on 4/21/2023 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
Thats quite a payday!
I found this interesting-

Pearson is where gold that has been mined in the country is frequently held before it is flown overseas. Almost half of the country's air cargo goes through the airport.

news.sky.com...

I wonder how much gold gets flown out of Canada,and who gets it?
You really should keep your gold Canada..

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The containers are not very big. I had a hydraulic motor delivered in one. They fit in a minivan. Not very difficult getting it out with a forklift.

I can see that value of material in one. Not solid gold, but art and such. They said it was not all gold that was valuable in that stolen container.

It could have left in any vehicle bigger then a minivan

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Thats quite a payday!
I found this interesting-

Pearson is where gold that has been mined in the country is frequently held before it is flown overseas. Almost half of the country's air cargo goes through the airport.

news.sky.com...

I wonder how much gold gets flown out of Canada,and who gets it?
You really should keep your gold Canada..

Probably being laundered in Ukraine...

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   
3600lbs of gold was allegedly stolen.for gold the street value of gold is pretty much it’s listed price per Oz given that you can walk into a pawn shop and sell it.

gold is $2010.00 an Ounce

3600lbs x 16 = 57,600 ounces

57,600 Oz x &2010.00 per ounce = $115,776,000

Multiple sources are reporting the amount stolen is 3600lbs

a reply to: didntasktobeborned

edit on 21-4-2023 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Where's Robert de Niro?

Find Joe Pesci, now!

Round them up.!!

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 06:08 PM
link   
In my world gold is dealt in pennyweight, its highly accurate. I remember when it was 200 bucks an ounce..I dug my wedding ring out of an ammo can full of scrap.

I hadn't heard the 3600 lb figure, that's a little more precise.so why are they saying 20 million when its closer to a hundred plus? that much weight maybe architectural decor, bars would have a stamp or other marking, I'm not an expert by ant means but headed to China from Middle East is as good of a guess as any.

a reply to: Athetos

edit on 21-4-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: .

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Yea I also am confused about the weight to value of this heist. I guess it could be lesser karats of gold and not 24.

a reply to: didntasktobeborned

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 06:04 AM
link   
only 20 million USD of Gold?
Not that much

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Good job in Canada. They probably had a cargo plane themselves. Or just updated the shipping address, to another country.
edit on 23-4-2023 by Ove38 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join