It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrant lied about being detained by AZ Minutemen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It now appears that the Illegal imigrant lied to US authories when he said the minutemen had detained him.

SIERRA VISTA, Arizona -- Authorities yesterday said three protesters patrolling the border did not break any laws when they encountered an illegal alien they posed with for pictures and fed while waiting for Border Patrol agents to arrive.

"The county attorney's office reviewed all available evidence, that indicates that there was no forcible detention, therefore the case is not substantiated, and no charges are pending," said Carol Capos, a spokeswoman for the Cochise County Sheriff's Department.

The alien, identified only as a 26-year-old Mexican national, told deputies he had been held against his will by the "Minuteman Project" volunteers who videotaped him holding a T-shirt that said: "Bryan Barton caught me crossing the border and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."

www.wpherald.com...

Near the end of the article is some good news stating they have caught 200 illegals because of the Minutemen, and the Govenor also states that border crossing are increasing in other areas because of the Minutemen.

200 in less then one week is pretty good, but still not enough.

[edit on 4/8/2005 by shots]

[edit on 4/8/2005 by shots]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Just found this. It sure makes the ACLU look like fools if you ask me. Talk about crying wolf without knowing all the facts.

DOUGLAS, AZ -- The American Civil Liberties Union today condemned the actions of volunteers with a controversial citizen border patrol program known as the "Minuteman Project" for reportedly holding an individual against his will and photographing him holding a t-shirt with a mocking slogan.

www.aclu.org...

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Leave it to the Liberals to chide something that's doing more good than harm.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Good! However, a civilian militia is not enough.

We need to put troops there - military troops. Defend the borders before sending them out into the world. That is one policy that I disagree with President Bush on. The war in Afghanistan was good, but Iraq seems to be wasting away alot of our military personnel (simply because of the amount of soldiers there)..

We should place them on our borders, that way the areas that are going to now become crossed through would be defended. However, due to politics, and money, the politicians never will do this.

-wD

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I agree with you WeBdevil. Lately the Republic of Korea has been very unapreciative towards the protection we lend them. Also it costs as much to keep our few troops in Korea as it does to fund the entire South Korean army.

Let us abandon Korea for now and put our troops on the Mexican border in a purely defensive stance of course.

Bush needs to roll up his sleeves and go have a chat with Fox!

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Yeah, my theory on it is a bit more extreme than all of yours.

I think the military should be on our borders and ordered to shoot at people crossing illegally. After the first ten or so thousand people shot, I think they will get the message.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Taking HUMAN lives because they cross the border illegally, I know we have a problem with border crossing but thats insane.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well, I formed this opinion when caught a couple of people of arabic descent crossing at the Mexican border. I think it is insane to not do this.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Well not all people crossing are of Arabic descent. There's a better way of sending a message than Killing everyone who crosses the border. How about just sending them back, and patrol the areas better so we don't have a problem.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Why don't we tap into the civilian population willing to guard the borders?The Minutemen is an idea the Federal Government should take a closer look at. With proper training and the right leadership, our borders could be constantly monitored by what could be deemed a branch of the National Guard. The Border Parol wouldn't be so over-taxed as well as our tax dollars.

new topics

top topics

join