It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smart cellphone would spend your money & GPS implanted inside a person

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm sure that I'll buy one....

A consortium of the world's top consumer electronics firms, mobile networks and broadcasters are funding the development of cellphones that will spend money on your behalf. The consortium, called Mobile VCE, includes Nokia, Sony, Vodafone and the BBC. Link

And as I like Big Brother, I'll buy this new GPS device, designed to be be implanted inside a person. Link

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
And in the mean time I'll just 'assume the position' so these companies can make this phone buy me a bunch of crap IT thinks I need? WTF? Anyone who buys that is a complete moron.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   
at first the article was about the technology that allows you to put money onto your cell phone (think a debit card, only using your cell phone) to use for vending machines, subway tickets and the like. but then I read the article and read this:

Once they have done that, the agents will decide for themselves what they think you need, for example retrieving online information, making restaurant or hotel reservations or buying travel tickets for you.

who are they kidding? I can spend my money just fine on my own, thanks. and judging from how smart my email client's spam filter is (read: not very), I think it'll be a very, very, very long time until this product is even usable. (if ever)

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   
U-P

As I have suggested to others with this interest, the same for you...

'Implant' the song from Killing Joke's new album this month, is like an ATS theme song on this issue. You need it. Get it.

Silent weapons for a quiet war.

KJ are the 'grandfathers' of industrial, 11 albums strong. Jaz Coleman now lives between Prague and Great Barrier Island (NZ). Oh, also, in Queens Of The Stone Age fashion, Coleman borrowed some kid called Dave Grohl for drums this time around. Makes up for Nirvana ripping off KJ and being dragged to court.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

And as I like Big Brother, I'll buy this new GPS device, designed to be be implanted inside a person. Link

A quote from your link;

"Weak signal

Richard Langley, a GPS expert at the University of New Brunswick, in Canada, has followed the development of ADS's technology for some time. "I'm still sceptical," he says.

"To get the entire GPS receiver, and in particular the antenna, under the skin is going to be extremely difficult," he told New Scientist. "Given the current strength of the GPS signals, which are extremely weak, you can only shrink the antennas down so far until you don't have enough sensitivity."

and now this, which I also posted on the Governemt programs forum..

"The US military has asked for $90 million of extra funding to increase the signal strength of its satellite Global Positioning System (GPS). The Department of Defense says this would protect it from atmospheric interference and deliberate jamming.

Whether the funds will be awarded will be decided early in 2003. The money would be used to modify up to 20 new satellites, the first of which would launch in 2004. The new satellites would be fully operational by 2006."

www.newscientist.com...

So, we have a problem..signal too weak for smaller antennas..and then the solution..supposedly to remedy a different problem but very convenient..wouldn't you say?

top topics

join