It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coffee

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Any coffee anytime.

I worked a 24 hour rotating shift for 12 years and can down a strong coffee on the way to bed.

Coffee is like beer. It is all excellent, only the degrees of excellence differ.

a reply to: DAVID64

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I used to love a good Columbian.

We've moved on to French Roast.
IMHO much better flavor.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I had no idea that many people drank instant coffee. I agree with you it is not good at all.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
As you know, I shop the world and roast my own coffee. My family came from Turkey and its been a tradition. My dad roasts weekly as well, and he is 96. www.abovetopsecret.com...

That said, I do understand your question here. Last year I bought some high end instant online to try, and it was horrible.
Your question did get me thinking though.

I just so happen to have this sweet freeze dryer in my garage, and I may try fresh roasting, brewing a super storng batch through the Chemex carafe, quick chilling it and then freeze drying it myself. I think its worth a try, because I have never had a good cup of instant in my life.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I don't know anyone who likes instant coffee. Some real old people drink instant decaf, but they were led to believe that caffeine was bad for them when in fact, real evidence and research does not show it to be a problem.

We presently have seventeen cans of coffee in stock. We stock up when their are good sales and those happened again in the last month and we bought five 26-30 ounce cans to bring our stock up to our usual high stock point. If the world is going to end, I sure do not want to run out of coffee before it ends.

Within moderation, coffee is good for most people.

I'm a yooper and live in the north and I don't see very many instant coffee drinkers around here.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Could be the inception of an ATS instant ..... just saying.

a reply to: visitedbythem

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 06:01 PM
link   
When I was growing up in 1950's England, "coffee" meant Camp, or similar brands. Camp coffee is a syropy mixture of coffee, chicory, and sugar, made drinkable by adding boiling water. Or, for real nostalgic luxury, adding boiled milk. Still available in supermarkets, but sold in smaller bottles and shelved among the cake-flavouring ingredients.

But 90% of the coffee I've drunk in the rest of my life has been Nescafe instant.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I don't know anyone who likes instant coffee.

I like instant coffee. But not to drink. I use it to develop film. I get the cheapest brand of instant coffee I can find and it works great for developing black and white film. Plus it's totally safe for the enviornment. I've never actually drank coffee in my life, so I wouldn't know otherwise if it's any good. But, it sure works great for this kind of thing:

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Coffees coffee, should be brewed, instant pile it up it's quick and handy but everyone likes a nice cup of coffee. It says one spoon but it's really up to you.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

I don't know anyone who likes instant coffee.

I like instant coffee. But not to drink. I use it to develop film. I get the cheapest brand of instant coffee I can find and it works great for developing black and white film. Plus it's totally safe for the enviornment. I've never actually drank coffee in my life, so I wouldn't know otherwise if it's any good. But, it sure works great for this kind of thing:

What chemical in the instant coffee is active in developing film?

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I am 63 and strangely enough, I just started drinking coffee 4 months ago. I bought a Keurig machine and I look forward to it every morning. I was drinking Caramel Frappes before that, I loved the energy boost, but I didn't want all the sugar. I was using flavored creamers until I read how absolutely bad they are for you, now have switched to almond based, which is ok. I will try brewed eventually, but so far this capsule thing is pretty cool.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 08:08 PM
link   
That is a good one. a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 11:41 PM
link   

What chemical in the instant coffee is active in developing film?

When using coffee for film developing, it's called "Caffenol." And there are many variations for the recipe. The recipe I use is called "Caffenol CM-RS," and here are the ingredients:

500ml of water
4 tsp. arm and hammer washing soda (not baking soda)
1 1/2 tsps vitamin C powder
1/2 tsp. iodized salt (Mortons)
5 rounded tsp. cheap instant coffee

So, it's a combination of those ingredients that must be conducive to developing film. I've never studied science or chemistry, so I don't know which is the active ingredient, but it does seem to do a good job. I hope this answers your question.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I prefer the pour over. Just boil water, pour over ground beans with a good filter… presto.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68

originally posted by: Tortuga
Freshly roasted beans for me, although I have recently moved to decaf. I hate the filter stuff and can tolerate a Kenco decaf later in the day.

I went decaf cold turkey, spent two days with terrible leg pain. Had to go back on it and taper off by mixing the beans over a three week period, reducing the caffeinated ones using a scale. Now I only drink caffeinated if i go to a coffee shop which I do a couple of times a month. I can’t drink caffeinated drinks after mid afternoon anyway otherwise i have trouble sleeping.

And they are freshly roasted decaf beans from a local roaster. You really cannot tell the difference, I am sure my body can.

edit on 20-4-2023 by Tortuga because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I am a Yankee living in South Carolina. Originally from Western New York State. Instant coffee sucks as we always brewed. Including at work. Favorite "fast food" Coffees was Tim Hortons, Dunkin Donuts and McDonalds. I never aquired a tase for Starbucks. Actually cant stand it.

Down here the Waffle House coffee sucks yet the food is excellent. The coffee is bland. Same for several other "breakfast" style restaurants. Best I have found is Dunkin Donuts along with the brewed coffee I had last week at Love Chevrolet service. It actually was quite good.

As far as a Instant thing I think it could be the crowd one runs with as no one I was ever around as friends or family ever used instant.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 06:17 AM
link   

edit on Thu May 11 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 02:11 AM
link   
[spam]

edit on 31-5-2023 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join