It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk to develop 'TruthGPT' as he warns about 'civilizational destruction' from AI

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

they know exactly how nasty the AI would become if it was to learn from them.
I'd be scared too if I was in their shoes...

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

That's why my facebook pages (I have several accounts), for example, show different adverts for my different accounts, as I act as a different person in each one of those accounts

LifeLog project, an operation build a database tracking a person's entire existence was closed down as facebook opened. No coincidence there. Think how far they have come now.
Having mulitple deep state facebooks tracking accounts is not different to likes. Now your just another predictable personality type known to AI better than you know yourself.

Good luck with future endeavors

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

One thing I don't think that AI will be able to ever fully understand is the nature of the soul and the spirit realm. As a mystic, this may be the only real advantage I can hold over AI.

That is a possibility.. IF AI has dominion over just the physical world. Someone said to me today.. If thats the case we may well become the sexual reproduction system for it.

Or how about AI being a manifest of the high magicians of science. Advanced numerology to create a matrix that attracts beings without bodies from past times. Like the beings talked about by Enoch that lacked a physical body and always wanted for the sensations of sense.

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I am playing with this idea , wondering is it possible .

AI gets to read database of all my online talks, and your too...

How long it would take it to learn mimic me, or you ?

With of course super computer chips giving the high calculations..

Will the AI someday start sending copys of us ....to internet . i dont know.

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Sounds like you're describing digital twins
www.rd.ntt...#:~:text=Digital%20Twins%20with%20the%20personality,also%20make%20approaches%20to%20others.

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

I don’t want to pay to chat. Does anyone know a free ai chat bot service?

Try on telegram. No charge there. Sure there must be other places too. IDK where though.

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

I am playing with this idea , wondering is it possible .

AI gets to read database of all my online talks, and your too...

How long it would take it to learn mimic me, or you ?

With of course super computer chips giving the high calculations..

Will the AI someday start sending copys of us ....to internet . i dont know.

Yes it can do that already.. Ask chat gpt to mimick shakespear and it will. It only takes a few seconds of voice and it can copy your vocals.. Even our ats threads are a fingerprints.

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

You could upload dead loved ones to your computer by end of year: tech guru

With enough transcript data, new voice synthesis and video models, there is a 100% chance that they will live with you forever after leaving physical body,” Desai continued. “This should be even possible by end of the year.”

www.google.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: socialmediaclown

Like the world has not turned weird enough already..

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
Now your just another predictable personality type known to AI better than you know yourself.

One thing I noticed with those Facebook accounts is that I can fool Facebook and their adverts algorithms to think I'm someone different, none of them shows me really relevant information.

Maybe I'm not that predictable.

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: socialmediaclown

You could upload dead loved ones to your computer by end of year: tech guru

With enough transcript data, new voice synthesis and video models, there is a 100% chance that they will live with you forever after leaving physical body,” Desai continued. “This should be even possible by end of the year.”

www.google.com...

I recommend that everyone watch every episode of the Netflix show Black Mirror.

I also suggest taking one episode at a time, since it is a psychological sci-fi that dives into some likely future realities, some of them horrifying.

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: socialmediaclown

I did not know digital twins, but yes it look same as what i meaned . Thanks for link , next they do is upload human minds into machines
transhumanism ?

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

The Twitter and Tesla CEO sat down with Carlson for an interview to discuss why he will establish an alternative to ChatGPT, an AI app developed by progressive programmers that he helped initially fund, and the broader concerns he has about how the software can affect freedom of information.

"I'm going to start something which I call TruthGPT, or a maximum truth-seeking AI that tries to understand the nature of the universe," Musk told Carlson. "And I think this might be the best path to safety in the sense that an AI that cares about understanding the universe is unlikely to annihilate humans because we are an interesting part of the universe."

Elon Musk to develop 'TruthGPT' as he warns about 'civilizational destruction' from AI

Carlson noted during "Fox & Friends" that Musk helped fund the development of ChatGPT in order to "control it," but unfortunately, it didn't pan out that way.

"Effectively, that was taken away from him, and now you have it as a commercial product owned by Microsoft and Google," Carlson said Monday. "But his position has never changed, which is if we don't put the brakes on this, it could end up destroying everything that we have. This is as dangerous as nuclear weapons."

The software is programmed by left-wing experts, which train the chatbots to lie, Musk explained during the interview.

Carlson said the partisan influence on the app's development can even be characterized as an "attack on democracy" through the "control" of American minds - all through the avenue of access to information.

"The deeper problem is not simply that it will become autonomous and turn us all into slaves, but that it will control our understanding of reality and do it in a really dishonest way," Carlson said. "It could be programmed to lie to us for political effect."

The whole interview can be found here:

youtu.be...

The are several dangers associated directly with Artificial Intelligence. As the famous Physicist Steven Hawking said, the development of AI could spell the end of the human civilization and the end of the human race.

We don't want an autonomous and self-aware AI that controls weapons and especially weapons of mass destruction. We don't want the financial industry to become dependent on AI due to the risk of huge a financial crisis and an economic meltdown that can bring civil unrest, war, famine, and disaster.

One could argue that humans could be replaced and jobs could be lost due to AI automation but I think this is the least of the issues we could face, although a serious one.

Surveillance, censorship, social control and manipulation of human thought are the greatest threats that human race is facing to the point humans can no longer distinguish what is fake news and what is real. AI is very capable through a range of Algorithms to manipulate human perception, influence public opinion, influence the result of elections for example, and most importantly to constantly propagate misinformation and disinformation. AI is very capable to gather enormous amounts of information about the whereabouts of an individual, his/her social interactions, social and political views, etc. It can be used by Governments for spying and surveillance reasons and apparently it is happening at this moment in time.

Elon Musk has been very reasonable in his interview with Tucker Carlson, as far as I am concerned, and for once more speaking common sense a few days after obliterating the woke activist and BBC journalist James Clayton. AI has to be controlled and legislation must be brought forward to protect humans from what could very harmful for the entire species.

We don't really want 'Skynet' to become self-aware and completely independent as it would be too late even if we try to take it offline... It should not reach the singularity point where it becomes uncontrollable and fully functional i.e irreversible.

What you believe will manifest.

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Sounds scary , like if they create dr.Fauci ..

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Sounds scary , like if they create dr.Fauci ..

Kill the messenger.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

The Twitter and Tesla CEO sat down with Carlson for an interview to discuss why he will establish an alternative to ChatGPT, an AI app developed by progressive programmers that he helped initially fund, and the broader concerns he has about how the software can affect freedom of information.

"I'm going to start something which I call TruthGPT, or a maximum truth-seeking AI that tries to understand the nature of the universe," Musk told Carlson. "And I think this might be the best path to safety in the sense that an AI that cares about understanding the universe is unlikely to annihilate humans because we are an interesting part of the universe."

Carlson noted during "Fox & Friends" that Musk helped fund the development of ChatGPT in order to "control it," but unfortunately, it didn't pan out that way.

"Effectively, that was taken away from him, and now you have it as a commercial product owned by Microsoft and Google," Carlson said Monday. "But his position has never changed, which is if we don't put the brakes on this, it could end up destroying everything that we have. This is as dangerous as nuclear weapons."

The software is programmed by left-wing experts, which train the chatbots to lie, Musk explained during the interview.

Carlson said the partisan influence on the app's development can even be characterized as an "attack on democracy" through the "control" of American minds - all through the avenue of access to information.

"The deeper problem is not simply that it will become autonomous and turn us all into slaves, but that it will control our understanding of reality and do it in a really dishonest way," Carlson said. "It could be programmed to lie to us for political effect."

The whole interview can be found here:

youtu.be...

The are several dangers associated directly with Artificial Intelligence. As the famous Physicist Steven Hawking said, the development of AI could spell the end of the human civilization and the end of the human race.

We don't want an autonomous and self-aware AI that controls weapons and especially weapons of mass destruction. We don't want the financial industry to become dependent on AI due to the risk of huge a financial crisis and an economic meltdown that can bring civil unrest, war, famine, and disaster.

One could argue that humans could be replaced and jobs could be lost due to AI automation but I think this is the least of the issues we could face, although a serious one.

Surveillance, censorship, social control and manipulation of human thought are the greatest threats that human race is facing to the point humans can no longer distinguish what is fake news and what is real. AI is very capable through a range of Algorithms to manipulate human perception, influence public opinion, influence the result of elections for example, and most importantly to constantly propagate misinformation and disinformation. AI is very capable to gather enormous amounts of information about the whereabouts of an individual, his/her social interactions, social and political views, etc. It can be used by Governments for spying and surveillance reasons and apparently it is happening at this moment in time.

Elon Musk has been very reasonable in his interview with Tucker Carlson, as far as I am concerned, and for once more speaking common sense a few days after obliterating the woke activist and BBC journalist James Clayton. AI has to be controlled and legislation must be brought forward to protect humans from what could very harmful for the entire species.

We don't really want 'Skynet' to become self-aware and completely independent as it would be too late even if we try to take it offline... It should not reach the singularity point where it becomes uncontrollable and fully functional i.e irreversible.

What you believe will manifest.

Anything to add to the conversation?

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Outcomes are going to depend on how open and honest the individual is when using platforms AI is actively building databases on people.

AI is actually IA : intelligent algorithms. It's clearly not smart enough to detect informational warfare or accuse you of developing a multiple personality disorder.

That's not me accusing you of such things either, I'm merely expressing the potential of how your activity could be perceived. What you're doing would be a fun way to test these "profiling AI systems" since what you say points towards the profile being profiled and not the user behind the profile/screen.

I think the key point would be where AI is being used. The future looks integrated and we're all fairly predictable under scrutiny.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

They can only profile our online personas (unless we, in some way, link it to our real life entity), so they can only use the information we give them.

Personally, I choose not to give them all the information I could, and, although all the information I give is true, the fact that I give some parts in some profiles in some other things in other profiles, they create partial profiling that point to someone that does not exist.

For example, in one profile I tell them some of my favourite songs, but not my favourite movies, and I choose only some type of songs. On another profile I do the same with movies. Curiously enough, on one Facebook profile I started receiving adverts target to Eastern European gay men (I'm a straight West European man, but don't tell them that), while in other I received adverts from dating sites with very suggestive photos of women.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   

The next wave of AI systems are most likely to be integrated with public services, who knows maybe one day a personal ID will be made for every individual on the net too. There's the issue of privacy laws but most people do willingly share information to private companies anyways. Public services demand identification.

It's not unfathomable to see how the future could potentially be, it's all theory for now but we're not that far from AI being used to assist public services. It is in places already.

From a privacy stand point the future doesn't look too good although I'm sure laws will change and the rights already on the table will be bolstered, hopefully. From a services point there's bags of potential. It's a "when" from me in regards to these things happening, I'm also somewhat optimistic on outcomes too.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

The next wave maybe not, but I'm sure we will get there.

And AI assisted systems already exist, but they are specific to those systems.

Something like ChatGPT is good to have conversations with clients, for example, but I wouldn't trust it to make decisions about a company. Suggestions, yes, decisions, no.

I don't think real intelligence from an artificial system is that near.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join