It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Department Announces Arrests in National Security Matter - LIVE Coverage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Probably just an attention grabber and to counter the past few months news, but we shall see, Thought ATS ought to watching at least till we see what it actually is.

The Department of Justice says it will announce arrests and charges today in a "significant national security matter." Join us for LIVE coverage of the Justice Department press conference with their announcement of national security arrests and charges.

The DOJ announced this morning they will be holding a press conference at 1pm ET to announce arrests and charges "in a significant national security matter." In this interactive live stream, host Steve Lookner brings you live coverage of the Justice Department press conference announcing the national security arrests and charges, along with the latest breaking news updates on the DOJ announcement

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I assume it's related to the document leak. But we shall see.

The fact that it's apparently multiple arrests in New York is intriguing.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Isn't it a crying shame that I'm automatically skeptical -- and suspicious even! -- that this is some contrived crap? Just another political persecution...

Maybe they'll prove me wrong.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I assume it's related to the document leak. But we shall see.

The fact that it's apparently multiple arrests in New York is intriguing.

Hmmm, you think they were being sold on the open market?

another place too watch if Agenda Free TV isn't your thing

www.lawfareblog.com...

On April 17, the Justice Department announced that it will hold a press conference at 1 p.m. ET in Brooklyn, New York to announce arrests and charges in a “significant national security matter.”

Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General for national security David Newman, U.S. Attorney Breon Peace for the Eastern District of New York, Assistant Director in Charge Michael J. Driscoll of the FBI New York Field Office, and Assistant Director in Charge David Sundburg of the FBI Washington Field Office are all expected to be present.

Check back here at 1 p.m. to watch the press conference.

edit on 17-4-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Isn't it a crying shame that I'm automatically skeptical -- and suspicious even! -- that this is some contrived crap? Just another political persecution...

Maybe they'll prove me wrong.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   
More red herrings and cover-ups for cover-ups.

We can't even assume the "classified" material is even real and not made up BS.

😎

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Nothing to do with Trump. It has to do with a Illegal Chinese Police Station. So, I thought those were ok?

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Hasn't there been calls to Defund the Doj and fbi? I'm not surprised they finally did something, anything, its better to look necessary, then look like the worthless political hacks they are. Alex Jones was talking about these Chinese police stations a couple of years ago, if the doj was actually on the ball, these police stations would have ended long ago.

I was hoping Hunter in handcuffs.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Nothing to do with Trump. It has to do with a Illegal Chinese Police Station. So, I thought those were ok?

They probably took their time with the investigation to be absolutely sure of the crimes. You don't want to piss off a world power for no reason. We also might be going to war with that world power. I kind of doubt it though.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   

From what I've seen so far, it looks to be connected to the Chinese police stations set up in the US. Specifically, in Manhattan at the moment. What took them so long? We've known about these for some time.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Exactly.

Link

Link

The committee hopes it will be a bipartisan collaboration. "Nobody agrees on 100 percent of everything. I don't even agree with my own family on 100 percent of everything," Gallagher said. "But we want to identify what the bipartisan center of gravity is." He concluded, "We believe — and [House Speaker Kevin McCarthy] believes — that where possible, if Congress can speak with one voice when it comes to standing up against and pushing back against Chinese Communist Party aggression, America is stronger, the world is stronger, the free world is stronger."

edit on Aprpm30pmf0000002023-04-17T13:29:37-05:000137 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Aprpm30pmf0000002023-04-17T13:30:06-05:000106 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Feinstein & McConnell have been waylaid by poor health, so the Chinese have lost their two biggest pawns in this country.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   
secret sources say this just another fake bust to look good like they're going after illegal operations

some hidden "offices" are still in operation with FBI "permission"

Chinese spy operations in the U.S. are rampant 🤫

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   
For those of you interested, here is a thread from 2022 where we discuss the "chines Police Stations" around the world thing....

Report: Chinese police set up covert station in NYC, 31 others around the world

When the traditional media tries to evoke outrage over this, remember.... they knew.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

Right and if I remember correctly most weren't too keen on the idea.

So in other words another case of ATS was on this BS a long time ago. Here's my shocked faced

my only question is perhaps we let the rats in to see who the rat's friends were. I'll have to watch more videos, I got pulled away

edit on 17-4-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I haven't read anything except the Title. I wanna see if I am right, before reading the thread.
So, let me guess:
It was a conservative?

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

Perhaps they needed a win for the public.

Optics aren't great for them these days.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Feinstein & McConnell have been waylaid by poor health, so the Chinese have lost their two biggest pawns in this country.

They still have countless Mayors, Governors and then there's always Ol' Eric Swalwell
edit on 17-4-2023 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

They still have countless Mayors, Governors and then there's always Ol' Eric Swalwell

And the whole Biden administration.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Dmn! And I thought we could focus on the current fiasco for just a little longer. Well, I guess this IS the new current fiasco.

Heeeeey! Is Vince McMahon writing this stuff? I mean, is Rick Flair going to come out with a chair at some point?

Look! Squirl!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join