It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netflix is making a show about Queen Cleopatra..Another Historical Fail

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Even if Cleopatra was an Egyptian by ancestry, she would not be dark brown, as Egyptians don't look like Nigerians.

But she wasn't Eqyptian either...

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   
So the Guardian/Observer has today run a piece defending the casting based on the "One drop" rule that years ago forced people to be discriminated against because "One drop of black blood makes you black"
linky

Now, I have various problems with this, they start with using an argument touted by a discredited system of racism from Jim, Crow era America and Apartheid South Africa...Or are those societies getting so rehabilitated now that we are supposed to be able to see the good in them?

My other point is, according to the out of Africa theory, everyone has one drop...

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
So the Guardian/Observer has today run a piece defending the casting based on the "One drop" rule that years ago forced people to be discriminated against because "One drop of black blood makes you black"
linky

Now, I have various problems with this, they start with using an argument touted by a discredited system of racism from Jim, Crow era America and Apartheid South Africa...Or are those societies getting so rehabilitated now that we are supposed to be able to see the good in them?

My other point is, according to the out of Africa theory, everyone has one drop...

Jimminy Christmas -- I can't believe someone is trying that argument!

I bet they retooled her history and ignored her marriage to and subsequent murder of her brother (among other rather unsavory things that she did.)

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

God knows..aint watched it tbh

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

1984 Is REAL.............Think/Speak this............

" Falsification Of History": Egypt Goes Ballistic On Netflix Over Cleopatra's Race "

According to Egypt's antiquities ministry, an upcoming four-part drama-documentary produced by Netflix has made a serious error regarding the race of one of Egypt's pharaohs. It appears that 'woke capital' is distorting history.

"Queen Cleopatra," released May 10, has Black actor Adele James featured as the legendary leader. The move by Jada Pinkett Smith, the producer and narrator of the series, has infuriated Mostafa Waziri, head of the Supreme Antiquities Council, who said: portraying Cleopatra as Black is "a falsification of Egyptian history."

Waziri said nothing was racist about his comments, which were entirely motivated by "defending the history of Queen Cleopatra, an important part of the history of Egypt in antiquity."

Egyptian experts insist Cleopatra had "white skin and Hellenistic characteristics." But don't tell 'woke Netflix' this...
"Afrocentrism is a pseudoscience that is pushing a group's agenda to claim Egypt's history and rob the actual Egyptians of it. By using false articles and zero evidence, they are still attempting to falsify history."

"Cleopatra was born in Alexandria, Egypt in the Ptolemaic dynasty to Greek descent. She was NOT black. This is in no way against black people, and is simply a wake up call to preserve the history and the integrity of the Egyptians and the Greeks."

"The show is clearly done to complement the Afrocentric movement, which claims to be the owner of the ancient Egyptian civilization, and to consolidate what the movement promotes. Egypt was never black and it was never white, Egypt is just Egypt. There are many great African/black civilizations, but Egypt was/is NOT one of them. Sign the petition to stop the falsification of history!"

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Cleopatra was born in Alexandria, Egypt in the Ptolemaic dynasty to Greek descent . CHECK .

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: Byrd
a reply to: vNex92

I wouldn't mind if it was posited as fiction, but it's not. The scholars I know are pretty annoyed by this.

You've seen it? The story is so far off that it should be fiction? Explain. I haven't seen it.

they portray her as a wonder woman with a sword.

like the wakanda queen bs.

or whatever that movie was.

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 05:53 AM
link   
It doesn't bother me honestly everything that comes from Netflix is just pure entertainment. A quick search on google will tell you that Cleopatra was in fact not black.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join