It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking update: an arrest has been made in the recent major U.S. intelligence leak

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Jack Teixeira, 21, a member of the Massachusetts Air National Guard intelligence wing.

Breaking update: an arrest has been made in the recent major U.S. intelligence leak, according to the FBI.

Original description: A suspect has reportedly been identified in the recent major intelligence leak of classified U.S. documents, and reports say an arrest is expected today. Get the latest developments on the intelligence leak in our LIVE breaking news coverage.

According to NBC News and CBS News, the suspect in the classified documents leak as Jack Teixeira, 21, a member of the Massachusetts Air National Guard. Reports say Teixeira posted numerous classified documents in a small online group. Multiple reports say the suspect is expected to be arrested today. In this interactive live stream, host Steve Lookner brings you the latest breaking news updates on the reported suspect being identified in the major U.S. intelligence leak, and he’ll also read your comments and questions on the air!

nypost.com...

Massachusetts Air National Guardsman Jack Teixeira was arrested at his home Thursday after being implicated in the leak of dozens of sensitive US intelligence documents — the biggest national security breach in at least 10 years.

Law enforcement officers swarmed the 21-year-old’s home in North Dighton, Mass., about 20 miles east of Providence, RI, hours after the New York Times reported that investigators wanted to speak with Teixeira, who was reportedly stationed at Fort Bragg in North Carolina.

Helicopter footage showed Teixeria, clad in red basketball shorts and a gray t-shirt, surrendering to what appeared to be camouflaged-clad FBI agents.

“The FBI made an arrest and is continuing to conduct authorized law enforcement activity at a residence in North Dighton, Massachusetts. As this is an ongoing matter, we cannot provide further comment at this time,” the FBI said in a statement.

Attorney General Merrick Garland, in a brief statement following Teixeira’s apprehension, confirmed he was arrested “without incident” on charges connected to “alleged unauthorized removal, retention, and transmission of classified national defense information.”

Investigators believe Teixeira, who specializes in intelligence and whose promotion to Airman 1st Class was announced this past July, led the Discord chat group – known as “Thug Shaker Central” — where photos of the classified documents first surfaced, sources familiar with the probe said.

The classified pages were then disseminated after being posted on a Discord channel linked to YouTuber “wow_mao” on Feb. 28 before quickly spreading when a member of that channel posted some of them to a bigger channel called “Minecraft Earth Map” on March 4.

Sensitive information relating to the war in Ukraine, Israel and South Korea was leaked, sparking international concern. US officials were alerted last week when some of the Ukraine documents surfaced on Russian Telegram channels last week.

The Washington Post reported that Teixeira was known to his Discord channel members by the handle “jackthedripper.”

edit on 13-4-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Um, some vets help be out here? The pewpew ones, not the woof woof ones.

How does a state National Guard member come across such sensitive information?

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   

He picked it up in a bag, didn't he? And spread them on Discord?
Bad decision lol the idiot

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Intelligence leaks that they are arresting the intelligence leaks
Dude, is this real life?
lol

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

They mentioned that, its kind of wierd

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: JinMI

They mentioned that, its kind of wierd

Brings me to another question on due process within the military. How does that work? As it apples to council, client privilege etc?

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Intelligence leaks that they are arresting the intelligence leaks
Dude, is this real life?
lol

LOL, Is that what Lookner said?

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

He picked it up in a bag, didn't he? And spread them on Discord?
Bad decision lol the idiot

That part seems weird too, he put them on Discord to look cool?

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

And at only 21 years old, seems pretty sus.

Especially with the wide variety of intel, not just a one off.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Yeah no the weird part is: he picked it up in a pre-made bag.

That he shared it on Discord just shows how unequipped he really was to handle the situation. Not some sort of nefarious intent, just a dude who was dumb enough to do exactly what he was supposed to.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Yeah no the weird part is: he picked it up in a pre-made bag.

That he shared it on Discord just shows how unequipped he really was to handle the situation. Not some sort of nefarious intent, just a dude who was dumb enough to do exactly what he was supposed to.

I didn't hear he picked it up in a pre-made bag. Id like to read more, where did you read that

are you suggesting he was setup?

FWIW it's nefarious intent if you knowingly take classified information and put it on Discord

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Unless he acquired it in some other means that directly from the military.

I just don't know how any of this makes sense just yet.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I questioned whether this whole affair was a real security breach, just a counterintelligence misdirection ploy back on April 11th, and in subsequent threads,

And was roundly dismissed as being foolish for it.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

I questioned whether this whole affair was a real security breach, just a counterintelligence misdirection ploy back on April 11th, and in subsequent threads,

We got a thread on that FWIW,

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This is what you can expect from gen z patriots when you treat chain of custody hiccups like treason and actual treason like a joke.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Now, we do.

But a couple of days ago, nobody seemed to even consider that the "Major Intelligence Leak" narrative was anything but what was touted by the media (MSM and alt).

Proving, once again, that no matter how "Open" our "Eyes" we might like to claim to be,

Most of us are just "sheeple" too.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

I don't think it's foolish at all, till we know exactly. FWIW him being so young and new to the National Guard is unusual.
just dropping them on Discord for brownie points? is unusual as hell if you ask me

think I touched on it too Ill see if I can find the post

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   

It's nefarious intent if you seek out contact to make sure your information is received.
He obviously didn't know what to do with it, which means at least he's not 'hired'.

I've heard the bag thing somewhere, but don't really remember where, sorry.
Also: basically all of the documents are briefings which is 'convenient', isn't it?

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Was it Discord they were originally leaked to?
Because I'm curious, because I know I read it on some other thread here, that they were originally leaked over 6 months ago? But apparently they weren't getting a lot of attention.
Then they were moved to some gaming sites?

The whole thing seems fishy.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   

It's nefarious intent if you seek out contact to make sure your information is received.
He obviously didn't know what to do with it, which means at least he's not 'hired'.

I've heard the bag thing somewhere, but don't really remember where, sorry.
Also: basically all of the documents are briefings which is 'convenient', isn't it?

No doubt I got more questions than answers, but couldn't the Discord board just be a dead drop?

dead drop
noun
A location used to secretly pass items between two people, without requiring them to meet.
a drop used for the clandestine exchange of intelligence information

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join