It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few UFO videos.....opinions please?>

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Check this site out! I want opinions from ats on there validity.

www.qtm.net...

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
some of those vids look pretty good.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by enrage
some of those vids look pretty good.

Yeah they do, though some of them have been proven fake.

The real interesting ones are the ones from space, like the sts missions. Can anyone prove them to be fake?

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I think there is already a topic talking about those NASA missions. I think they're real.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The STS-48 in my opinion is and always has been exactly what NASA has always said it is. Debris and ice. The flash on the side is a pitch adjustment booster firing, and all the particles react to it. People really need to give that one up. The streaks to the right could be anything, but the avoiding "UFO" is reacting to the same flash, NOT any StarWars type weapon.

STS-51a is a water/condensation droplet that got between the window and lens. Evident by the horizon swap space/horizon become horizon/space when the "sphere" passes over the separation...before it passes over the horizon edge, it's largely black. It's a convex, typical water drop. It's not even outside the shuttle.

STS-80 isnt conclusive enough to say anything about it at all. Some wierd stuff, but again could be debris coming into and out of focus. The video is far from clear, and I question anyone saying there's objects coming up and out of earths atmosphere. There's no way near enough evidence on there for that. But, it's interesting.

The Gulf Breeze one, I have no idea. I have been to the area several times and recorded an object there myself. It's a wierd place, but was it wierd because I had already read the Gulf Breeze Sightings, and heard all the stories? That particular video? I have no idea of the circumstances or what I'm looking at. But that effect can be done with glass and a picture on the galss moved in front of the camera...is that what this is? I have no idea. I'd like to see more.

Apollo16, it pretty damned interesting. I know what it looks like, but what are we really seeing? You'd think if it were anything really unusual the astronauts would have stayed on it.

The California one is odd, but could be a meteor being deflected off the earths atmosphere. I dont think thats the case, but again I'd like to see more.

Colorado is very, very interesting, and I have not seen it before. The object does appear to be far away, but how did it leave? I'd definitely wanna find that out. Another I'd like to see more of.

Florida triangle video is not available.

The Belgium Triangle, most likely I feel is some sort of negative cell lighter than air project craft. Maybe a early pre-dater of the TR3.

Japan's footage is useless to me, as there is no reference but sky and disc.

Mexico one is really interesting, I for one dont think it's a hoax, at least not by the camera man. Whatever it is, I think it's really there. But again, I would have to see it in it's raw video form to really make any calculations. I put NO stock in anything Village Labs does in regard to UFO analysis.
The bottom Mexico footage is as they say, "fake". I've posted at length about it in here.

The alledged "Nellis" footage is cool, but doesnt do anyone any favors as far as ID-ing anything. It's dark, blurry and most of us have no idea how gun cams work. Could it be fake? Sure. Do I think it is? No. I dont know what it could be besides a balloon grouping caught in severe thermal winds.
And I have serious doubt that thats the answer. If youre really interested in morphing UFO stuff, I'd say read this:
Morphing Metals

The Roger Beard video only shows one second, I'd need to see more.

Mike Hawkins I can do without. I wouldnt touch his stuff with a 10 ft pole. Long standing member of UFOwatchdog's Hall of Shame...no need to go on.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'd have to pretty much go with jritzmann on his assessment...good job!
Though STS-80 is far more intriguing in my book. Gulf Breeze has the rather tarnished reputation of being connected with the largely regarded hoaxed polaroids of Ed Waters. But, as I recall, there have been MANY videos of UFOs taken in the area, and usually with numerous witnesses all trying to capture them. Regardless, we're still always left with just unexplained lights in the sky.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

The STS-48 in my opinion is and always has been exactly what NASA has always said it is. Debris and ice. The flash on the side is a pitch adjustment booster firing, and all the particles react to it. People really need to give that one up. The streaks to the right could be anything, but the avoiding "UFO" is reacting to the same flash, NOT any StarWars type weapon.

Hmmm, do you know Jack Kasher ? He's a physicist from Nebraska who has published a very convincing analysis showing why they cannot be debris. "The only feasible explanation," he concludes, "is that they actually were spacecraft out in space away from the shuttle." Please watch the analysis if you have some doubt.

Apollo16, it pretty damned interesting. I know what it looks like, but what are we really seeing? You'd think if it were anything really unusual the astronauts would have stayed on it.

Unfortunatelly this ufo was in fact just a part of the apollo module. Check the complete explanation here : ufocasebook.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Hmmm, do you know Jack Kasher ? He's a physicist from Nebraska who has published a very convincing analysis showing why they cannot be debris. "The only feasible explanation," he concludes, "is that they actually were spacecraft out in space away from the shuttle." Please watch the analysis if you have some doubt.

Yep, and good point, I remember seeing that...Still, good points on both sides of it, and with nothing more to go on, can't say much else on it....

STS-80 if I recall is also when they stopped the live feeds. I remember my buddy (who had Satellite, and the NASA channel) went livid after that...

Good point on Apollo 16, I suspected it was some kind of debris, and thats why the astronauts didn't pay much attention to it. Never really looked into it much though because that lack of interest made me dismiss it. Nice reference to it.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Yes I have heard Kasher's info, but again, I dont think there's enough data to suggest what he does. There's alot not taken into consideration, such as focal distance, and analog and digital artifacts. You cant judge distance and size without reference...and in that case, there isnt any. The objects could be 35ft wide and miles away, therefore going thousands of MPH, or 2 inches across doing 2mph. He comes to conclusions that in my opinion are based on alot of supposition.

Gazrok-altho I agree with you on the Gulf Breeze Sightings, highly suspect if not an all out hoax, with botched investigation and (gulp) lots on money involded, and book deals...etc.
But, there's actually alot of information that Gulf Breeze didnt begin or end with Ed Walters. I wrote a paper for Parascope years ago, which can be found here:
Gulf Breeze: A Situation Report

btw, [email protected] is no longer my email, and hasnt been for years, Parascope closed it's online forum on AOL years ago as well, but the story is still relevant.

There is VERY wierd stuff going back alot of years, since 52 and probably before.

The times I have been there, one thing that no one has yet referenced that I have seen is that several people I was with kept mentioning "tremors". I never felt anything, til I was outside one afternoon and it felt like I dropped 2ft into the ground and bounced back up. The person next to me felt it, but no one else...and the group was tight together for a picture. Was without the most disorienting thing I have ever felt out of the blue like that. I'd say out of 10 people 7 felt these at different times. Very odd.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Most of these photos are on a light background (fairly easy to fake). Still, doesn't mean they are, but I don't know of anything denouncing them as PROVEN or even LIKELY hoaxes, as far as analysis goes. This is one of the reasons I prefer to trust older photos, less methods of hoaxing back then... With decent software nowadays, even an amateur can produce convincing pics that'll fool some experts.

But, there's actually alot of information that Gulf Breeze didnt begin or end with Ed Walters

I know, even some press vid captures, but aside from Ed's (largely debunked) photos of craft, we've still just got unidentified lights in the sky, which could just as likely (perhaps even moreso) simply be unidentified military or civilian flying objecs, as otherworldy spacecraft.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I know, even some press vid captures, but aside from Ed's (largely debunked) photos of craft, we've still just got unidentified lights in the sky, which could just as likely (perhaps even moreso) simply be unidentified military or civilian flying objecs, as otherworldy spacecraft.

Well there's actually daylight footage of structured craft, which I dont think many have seen, but I'd have to get permission to post it. Actually shot by 3 different people, at the same time. Ed W was not involved, nor any other "witnesses" anyone had heard of.

Gulf Breeze has really died out though, I havent seen anything come out of there in years.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It's hard to argue with jritzmann on his opinion about these videos because the guy can flat out bring it. I must say that I disagree with him about STS-48. NASA stopped their live feeds for a reason. We're slowly starting to see our space program fade away. Shuttle problems and cost problems are just the window dressing. Ask yourself.......Why are so many astronauts recycled? Hell, they even had to recycle John Glenn (there must have been a reason they chose a Senator!). I think that the more people who see what's really going on up there, the harder it is to keep it from the public. Does anyone ever wonder how they can keep most of the astronauts quiet. Do they threaten them? Do they promote them? I think the amount of UFO activity taking place in Earth's orbit would blow our minds. Also don't forget the end of Hubble.

Are we going backwards here, or what??????????

Peace

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Oh believe me, I know they stopped live feeds...the real question is why.

Hey like I said, just my opinion...thats one video I'll never get full access to.
I'll be the first to tell ya I have only my impressions to back it up.

However there are MUCH better instances from space travel video then that. There have actually been formations of lights recorded by astronauts, that followed for 2 orbits, years later or before to be sighted over Russia from earth.

Thats some good stuff.

I just dont get much into small dot craft anymore...I just cant base anything on such limited data.

new topics

top topics

join