It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Shows Pro Choice isn’t Going Away

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   
All eyes were on our state and it was clear as day, women right to choose will not be going back in time.

How important was this race?
HERE

For the first time in 15 years, liberals win control of the Wisconsin Supreme Court

This single race was the litmus test to the rest of the country. NO there was not cheating, the votes were being checked three times.
The turnout was historic in some areas. I know at my voting place I have never seen crowds of the like and the weather was horrible.

There was a question on the ballot asking people if they support welfare recipients to have to look for work. This was mostly put in there to draw Republican voters as these requirement are already in place.

Guys you need to take a deep breath because I’m going to tell you something you may not want to hear.
Your wife/girlfriend/mom/sister/aunt/grandma/female coworker might appear to be Republican inside and out, she might even say she is anti abortion………but when it comes time to vote, she is voting pro choice. You know why, because so many women know that this isn’t just about abortion. This is about etopic pregnancy, this is about the morning after pill, this is about our daughters being raped and getting pregnant, this is about men and doctors never caring for our health and just wanting to work out the details later.

Don’t tell me I don’t know what I’m talking about. I’m a woman and I live in a heavily Republican area. 999999999% of my friends are Republicans and we talk openly and candidly. I even talked to my massage therapist and asked her. Her exact words, I lean republican for all things but women should have the right to choose. She then said most men have no clue how many women have had an abortion.

posted on Apr, 5 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

As a woman, I agree also. There is support of choice among both parties with women that I know. Many men also state(not sure what they do in the booth though) that they defer to the wife's decision on this as it's her health that can be at risk and men are not the one that has to carry a baby for 9 months.

There is agreement that abortion should not be a repeated form of birth control and there should be limitations, however we see that the GOP is taking it too far. My heart hurts reading of women with horrible stories of living in areas where they cannot get one when necessary and it's impacted their physical and mental health.

I follow a woman on Twitter, whose mom died when she was 12. Her father raped and impregnated her at 13. She was shipped off to nuns and then they sold the baby. She's in her 60s and so traumatized still. Abortion was not a choice at that time and she vehemently fights for the rights to one.
edit on 5-4-2023 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   

NO there was not cheating, the votes were being checked three times.

Not to get off-topic, but I don't think any of us can say unequivocally "there was no cheating" unless we have counted every vote for ourselves.

However, on the topic of abortion, I tend to agree the result was likely a legitimate representation of the voters in this case. I support women's right to choose...with some limitations. This is one area republicans have shot themselves in the foot repeatedly.

edit on 4/5/2023 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Apr, 5 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I'm pro life, but Wisconsin voters exercised their constitutional rights. I'm okay with that.

That's the difference here. I have no problem with voters in a state making a different decision that I would. People in that state who are pro life can try to change people's minds through debate and discourse, and maybe someday it'll change. Maybe it won't. But that's how our system is supposed to work.

The pro choice crowd wanted their decision illegally forced on the entire country by 9 people. That's not how our system works. That's authoritarianism. That's what I was against. That's what the fight over Roe was about. Those days are now over.

posted on Apr, 5 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Wholeheartedly agree with everything you said!

Polls have also shown overwhelming support for cannabis sales.
It’s really stupid right now million and millions of dollars are going to neighboring states and laws are lax here so they are pretty much allowing it.
It’s time to allow it in our state. I absolutely don’t partake but I saw the need firsthand with many people going through cancer.
edit on 5-4-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2023 @ 10:20 AM
link   

You're right. We saw similar happen in Kansas if I recall correctly.

Your wife/girlfriend/mom/sister/aunt/grandma/female coworker might appear to be Republican inside and out, she might even say she is anti abortion………but when it comes time to vote, she is voting pro choice. You know why, because so many women know that this isn’t just about abortion. This is about etopic pregnancy, this is about the morning after pill, this is about our daughters being raped and getting pregnant, this is about men and doctors never caring for our health and just wanting to work out the details later.

Exactly. Too many people either don't know or don't care about the risks and dangers to the mother -- before, during and after. Nor do they know or care about the risks and dangers for the baby. But they also made it clear that they wouldn't lift a finger or raise a dime to help women and their babies after birth.

Not all, but definitely too damn many !!!
edit on 5-4-2023 by Boadicea because: Formatting

posted on Apr, 5 2023 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Deleted by me -- double post
edit on 5-4-2023 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   
LOL. Women deciding women stuff. Like you all know about that.

posted on Apr, 5 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
I'm pro life, but Wisconsin voters exercised their constitutional rights. I'm okay with that.

That's the difference here. I have no problem with voters in a state making a different decision that I would. People in that state who are pro life can try to change people's minds through debate and discourse, and maybe someday it'll change. Maybe it won't. But that's how our system is supposed to work.

The pro choice crowd wanted their decision illegally forced on the entire country by 9 people. That's not how our system works. That's authoritarianism. That's what I was against. That's what the fight over Roe was about. Those days are now over.

I've struggled with this idea of states' rights vs individual rights, and while I agree that it may be the most practical way to address the matter right here and right now, it's not the way the system -- our Republic -- is supposed to work. Not when it comes to our absolute inalienable natural and Constitutional rights. These rights are endowed by our Creator, to be protected and preserved under the Constitution.

A woman's right to protect and preserve her life is not subject to the whims of majority rule.

Maybe one day the Feds will do their job and protect that right again, for the right reasons.

posted on Apr, 5 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Low information voters of WI are about to get what they voted for.

Your murder rates are already going up, and you just gave the leftists carte blanche to gut your legal system further.

But hey, now you don't have to worry about using annoying condoms anymore. yay

posted on Apr, 5 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Are you saying, when you pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too?

posted on Apr, 5 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   

The right to choose is limited by both sides .My finance chose to not get the covid 19 vaccine while pregnant, was denied religious exemption and terminated from her employment. She currently is blacklisted from working at local hospitals and her right to choose what she thought was right for her and her child was denied. There are many more women that were denied the right to choose. You are right about it being a litmus test and thinkjng that Americans have a right to choose.

posted on Apr, 5 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'm still perplexed as to why congress did absolutely nothing to ensure abortion rights when they had a chance. As Ginsberg stated, the original R v W was poorly written and needed to be redone properly within the confines of the law.

I guess it's too good of a political polarizing tool to ever solve, just like immigration laws.

posted on Apr, 5 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but Pro Choice left with Obamacare and was kicked further out the door with the vaccine mandates.

Instead of being happy that government says you're allowed to have abortions, ask why government has any business in making anyone's medical decisions.

posted on Apr, 5 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   

But hey, now you don't have to worry about using annoying condoms anymore. yay

People... I mean voters know this is not the heart of the issue.

Do some women use abortion as birth control. Yes, and to be honest, do we really want people that are so poor at making choices to procreate? Think about that!

Secondly, we've seen what has happned in states where women VERY much want a baby but run into a medical issue where an abortion is necessary but doctors are scared to make that call.

Lastly, rape and incest. What monsters would force a women (often children themselves) to bare their abusers child.
How this is even acceptable by some blows my mind.

posted on Apr, 5 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

LOL. Women deciding women stuff. Like you all know about that.

Aren't you supposto be disrupting the financial systems?
Are they going to have a special coin for women that have abortions with a big red A on them.

posted on Apr, 5 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Sounds like the Supreme Court ruling was correct. The states could be trusted to make the best decisions for it's people.

Why where so many people worried it would go the other way?

posted on Apr, 5 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Good to know you think of anyone with a different view as you is possesses a low IQ.
Are you saying that the high turnout for voting specifically woman are low IQ?

posted on Apr, 5 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Sounds like fear mongering to me.

I don't know any States where those issues aren't taken into account in their abortion laws.

I don't have a problem with abortion.

But selling yourself out to the commies who will allow those rapists and murderers right back on the street to keep doing it is just stupid.

posted on Apr, 5 2023 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Sounds like fear mongering to me.

I don't know any States where those issues aren't taken into account in their abortion laws.

I don't have a problem with abortion.

But selling yourself out to the commies who will allow those rapists and murderers right back on the street to keep doing it is just stupid.

Missouri:

ago.mo.gov... -the-mail

Missouri Attorney General Andrew Bailey Joins Move to Block FDA’s Unlawful Rule Allowing for Abortion Pills in the Mail

account.kansascity.com...

The Missouri General Assembly approved the bill without exceptions for rape or incest, making Missouri one of a dozen states with trigger laws that don't allow abortions in those circumstances. Only a single exception, for medical emergencies, was included. Republican Gov. Mike Parson enthusiastically signed it

news.stlpublicradio.org...

Her doctors told her she needed an abortion. Missouri law told her to go away

I could on on all day but here's another from Alabama

Abortion in Alabama is currently illegal. Under section 26-23H-4 of the Code of Alabama in the U.S. state of Alabama, it is unlawful for an abortion to be performed unless it is deemed absolutely necessary in order to prevent a serious health risk to the pregnant woman. There are no exceptions for rape or incest.

edit on 5-4-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join