It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists - Will They Kill The USA? They Just Might.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Terrorists. I believe that there are already "sleeper" cells on US soil. I remember reading awhile back that US Intelligence officials, who were in possession of confiscated terrorist documents, claimed that the detail of the surveillance was exemplary, right down to the number of people passing by a proposed target.

www.realcities.com...

Also take into account the 9/11 findings. Some of these terrorists were in the US for many years, raising families and maintaining "good neighbor" status.
All this being said, I have to wonder not if, but how many of these terrorists are sitting and waiting for their signal to attack again from within the US borders?
Now let's think about this for a moment. Many of these individuals have above average intelligence. Is it so outlandish to assume that the leaders of these terrorists could become an ally of a US enemy? A coordinated attack, starting with a terror event inside the borders, which throws the country into immediate panic and turmoil, to be followed by an invasion by a battle ready country. I've read many threads here stating that it would be impossible for any country to invade the US because the US would see it coming as soon as the opposing country began to deploy. Remember these people are notorious for letting huge amounts of time go by before acting on a plan. Over the course of let's say 5 years, isn't it possible that small amounts of armament, and militia could slowly, but steadily buildup in Mexico without anyone noticing? The US can't even stop uneducated, poor illegals from crossing the border. They can't stop drugs, and arms coming across the border. I believe that it could be a very real danger. Improbable, however not impossible.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I believe that there are already "sleeper" cells on US soil.

Is this new news? This is old news my friend. And will they kill the US? What does that mean? Kill everyone living in the US....do you think that is possible....logically?? Or destroy the whole United States? Again, does that seem to make sense to you??

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Even if the whole of NYC was destroyed the US would be nowhere near being 'dead' it would take many nuclear detonations to truly bring about the end of the USA. I dont see terrorists doing this somehow, maybe they will get 1 or 2 off but not enough to bring the country down. Remember that the country is very large and has its wealth spread spread over a large area.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Yes, I understand what you're saying, however the question I'm asking is if it's possible to have a coordinated effort between terrorists, and an adversarial country. Taking out let's say the power grid for instance. Remember when the Northeast power grid went down with no intervention? Imagine what would happen if it was specifically targeted. The chaos in the streets would be unimaginable. Police and military would be spending most of their resources to maintain some semblance of control. Wouldn't that make us a very attractive and vulnerable target?

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hey Mac.
While I don't think that it's really feasible, I do think that your theory is not impossible. Scary no matter what the result, terrorists want nothing more than to bring the US to it's knees. Good post

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Macuser
Taking out let's say the power grid for instance. Remember when the Northeast power grid went down with no intervention? Imagine what would happen if it was specifically targeted. The chaos in the streets would be unimaginable. Police and military would be spending most of their resources to maintain some semblance of control. Wouldn't that make us a very attractive and vulnerable target?

No. During the massive blackout in which I was caught myself, people demonstrated discipline and courage. Things were a little chaotic for the next few days, but it was not apocalyptic.

Recommendation: have at least one corded phone in your house, as opposed to cordless. Corded phones will function for a few days with no problem, should the power fail.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Terrorists. I believe that there are already "sleeper" cells on US soil. I remember reading awhile back that US Intelligence officials, who were in possession of confiscated terrorist documents, claimed that the detail of the surveillance was exemplary, right down to the number of people passing by a proposed target.

www.realcities.com...

Also take into account the 9/11 findings. Some of these terrorists were in the US for many years, raising families and maintaining "good neighbor" status.
All this being said, I have to wonder not if, but how many of these terrorists are sitting and waiting for their signal to attack again from within the US borders?
Now let's think about this for a moment. Many of these individuals have above average intelligence. Is it so outlandish to assume that the leaders of these terrorists could become an ally of a US enemy? A coordinated attack, starting with a terror event inside the borders, which throws the country into immediate panic and turmoil, to be followed by an invasion by a battle ready country. I've read many threads here stating that it would be impossible for any country to invade the US because the US would see it coming as soon as the opposing country began to deploy. Remember these people are notorious for letting huge amounts of time go by before acting on a plan. Over the course of let's say 5 years, isn't it possible that small amounts of armament, and militia could slowly, but steadily buildup in Mexico without anyone noticing? The US can't even stop uneducated, poor illegals from crossing the border. They can't stop drugs, and arms coming across the border. I believe that it could be a very real danger. Improbable, however not impossible.

Its also the terrorists fault that america is bankrupt,is corrupt like hell and has a puppet idiot for a leader!

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Now let's think about this for a moment. Many of these individuals have above average intelligence. Is it so outlandish to assume that the leaders of these terrorists could become an ally of a US enemy? A coordinated attack, starting with a terror event inside the borders, which throws the country into immediate panic and turmoil, to be followed by an invasion by a battle ready country.

alright, there's a problem with this- it would be much more difficult for an invading force if people were ready for it. an initial terrorist attack will ready people for it. the invasion loses the element of surprise, makes it much more difficult to get very far.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

No. During the massive blackout in which I was caught myself, people demonstrated discipline and courage. Things were a little chaotic for the next few days, but it was not apocalyptic.

Agreed. However, the comparison is not valid. The North Eastern grid was immediately identified as a non terrorist threat. If it happened on a larger scale, and was identified as a terrorist threat, people would be in a panic. The stores would be inundated for supplies as people began to try and "hole up" their families.
I believe that normally rational folks would give in to panic, and mob mentality. I do see this as an achilles heel.

join