It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald’s reportedly temporarily shuts its U.S. corporate offices ahead of layoffs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 08:00 PM
link   
McDonald’s is jointing a list of others by cutting staff.
I don’t believe this will affect restaurant workers as most of them are privately owned.

Facebook
Twitter
Google

The corporate world is trimming the fat. I don’t know if McDonald’s has a lot of dead weight in in corporate ranks like google and Facebook but this is supposedly something to do with restructuring..

No word on the numbers or titles being cut.

“ During the week of April 3, we will communicate key decisions related to roles and staffing levels across the organization,” the Chicago-based company said in the message viewed by the Journal”

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

They fired Ronald years ago.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Yeah, he was a cisgender white male so he was problematic…😂

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 08:21 PM
link   
They're getting ready for The Green onslaught that will cost millions and the higher "fair share" taxes !!! 😎

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Hey, as long as they get the executives responsible for the McPlant.

Worst idea since "new coke" which was Pepsi in a coke can.

en.wikipedia.org...#:~:text=In%20the%20United%20States%2C%20the,reportedly%20due%20to%20low%20sales.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Yeah, he was a cisgender white male so he was problematic…😂

This isn't a laughter matter. How am I gonna get my McWoke sandwich now?

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Close and bankrupt the entire enterprise.

Repugnant sh!t.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Worst idea since "new coke" which was Pepsi in a coke can.

If I think about it I can actually still remember the taste of New Coke. That was soft drink companies first foray into HF corn syrup I believe (a cost cutting measure when compared to natural sugar) but the corn syrup wasn't quite neutral in flavor yet.

NuCoke actually tasted better at wine cellar or cold basement room temperature rather than on ice or from the fridge... for some reason I do remember that weird quirk but it was far from Pepsi of the time as Pepsi wasn't as sweet as it is now either.

Pepsi actually burned back in the day, like it scratched your throat going down, it was pleasant... even original Coke was sweeter and went down smoother.

Kind of weird because Pepsi wasn't considered the youth drink that it's aligned towards now.

I find regular NOS (which is an energy drink?) To be the closest thing to how sodas used to taste. (NOS on ice = throat scratching bliss)

edit on 2-4-2023 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I heard he will be replace with a big hairy man in drags clothing, is going to be super great, for the little children.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This is nothing unusual - they have done it a few times before.

It's to get older and non-performing workers out. It's too hard to fire someone for cause - much easier just to include them in layoffs.

They also play the transfer headquarters game to get rid of older workers. Move from downtown to suburbs, from suburbs to downtown and then back again. Walgreens, BP, McDonalds, Conagra all have played this game in the Chicago area.

A few years ago, they move their headquarters that was in a very central suburban location to the west loop. This made commutes hell for anyone not already living in the central downtown area.

What stands out is the statement they don't to deliver layoff notices in person.
edit on April 2nd 2023 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join