It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan starts to use face recognition technology to buy tickets at the Osaka train station

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Yes it's starting to begin in Japan never expected it but facial recognition has been implemented at Osaka train station to buy tickets.
But people are unaware of the new ID what we call my number is being an issue to all Japanese people and the new my number ID card has your picture on it which recognizes facial technology and when you go through the station to buy your tickets eventually the technology will be matched up with your my number ID which will keep track of your travels here in Japan.
I got to hold you guys an apology because I always said Japan is pretty much kind of a free country but unfortunately it's definitely following the past of China.
The sad part of it is it's already been implemented now I have the new my number and I went through the whole process they actually wanted to tie you up to your bank account but I refuse to do it but I think eventually in the future probably after most elderly people pass away it's going to be tied into your bank account.

So there you have it the technology is here you have to go through I recognition to buy a ticket and Osaka train station I assume America is going to have the same technology in Canada and also all course of entry well actually I already know airport and this was years ago voice recognition and facial recognition was used on me already plus that question to transfer planes at Chicago O'Hare it's we just don't have freedom no more people.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   
They've been using facial recognition at US airports since 2019.
Whatever features Japan is implementing you can bet were first tried in the US.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Whatever features Japan is implementing you can bet were first tried in the US.

The EU was way ahead of the US.

join