It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs of the 1970s--A Family Road Trip, Black Triangles, MIB

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2023 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article from Nicap:
UFO Interference With Vehicles ans Self-Starting Engines
It hypothesizes about possible causes of ionized air in the presence of UAP and goes into some detail about possible interactions between these effects and vehicle engine combustion. Worth reading if anyone is interested in this particular subject.

(James M. McCampbell, NICAP) The hypothesis that ionization of the atmospheric gases by UFOs appears to have some merit. It has pinpointed physical processes that can clarify the malfunctioning and killing of engines and, in particular, the hitherto incredible claims that engines restarted themselves. It teaches us that credence should be lent to sighting reports no matter how bizarre their content. The success of the hypothesis also implies that some UFOs are probably physical machines because their reported influence upon motor vehicles is physical. Radiation from UFOs is apparently associated with their propulsion system and every effort should be made to determine all the electromagnetic parameters. In doing so, one would expect to find, not a group of accidental quantities, but an integrated design optimization by those who manufacture UFOs.

For some deeper historic research, BUFORA did a study about electromagnetic engine interference in 1964 (link opens a PDF download!):
BUFORA (PDF warning!)

Here is an article containing another example report from FSR. This one occurred in 1969 and is almost identical to the one in the OP--the difference being the shape of the objects; these ones are disc-shaped:
Vehicle Effects During Close UFO Encounters

Another was near RAF Fairford, Wiltshire, in 1969 (exact date unknown) where a family felt the air become electrified as the engine stalled and the car lights car went out. Their dog became quite agitated. They then saw three disc-shaped metallic objects moving in a V-formation high overhead. The car engine could be restarted after the discs had disappeared.

Most researchers seem to agree that diesel engines appear to be "immune" to whatever is causing the failures. Diesel vehicles are still susceptible to electronics interference (radio, lights, etc), but the engines seem to keep running.
This 'diesel immunity' could contain a clue: diesel engines don't have spark plugs.

posted on Apr, 5 2023 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: wavelength

Some good links there! Basterfield's catalogue is also linked here in a thread about stalled timepieces.

posted on Apr, 5 2023 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Awesome post . Indrid Cold comes to mind . a reply to: wavelength

edit on 5-4-2023 by SecrettoSociety because: M

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Got the notion about the "material's differences" maybe being an issue cause looking into my work-machine's electrical panel is a virtual catalog of EVERYTHING Radio Shack used to sell. Everything's changed so radically in the last 50yrs but the new kids coming into UFO interest now only have the new stuff to compare reported effects too.
(RIP RadioShack)

Came across the "Microwave Audio Effect" but was saving it as something applicable (maybe) to cryptids.
ROFL!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Very well could be a factor. Something related to think about is that in the 1970s, any equipment with reasonably powerful transmitters tended to be bulky and heavy, two things you don't want on an aircraft. They were cutting weight out of these systems in every possible way.
Now a days, everything is compact, relatively light, and for the most part (in consumer electronics, at least), not user serviceable. Things aren't made these days, they're poured.
RIP RadioShack.

Oh, did someone say cryptids? No, no, you're thinking of the other MAE: "Mothman Audio Effect" -- similar concept, very different applications. HA!

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I don't hear about triangular shaped UFOs anymore, maybe that's just me? Seems like pill shaped, sphere or cube shaped mostly these days.

When I was young (maybe 5 or 6) I remember being stuck in heavy bumper to bumper traffic on a highway that went through my hometown. There was a massive triangular shaped UFO very slowly hovering above us. This thing must have been 200 yards long or more and was hovering somewhere between 60 to 100 feet above us I'd say. I remember there where lights on the bottom of it although I couldn't describe the craft in great detail.

This memory I think is from a dream of course although I think of it from time to time and wonder why of all the dreams I've ever had and can't remember five minutes later, this dream has stuck with me for 30 years. I remember it relatively well.

I have undoubtedly seen a UFO before although it was a green orb not a triangular craft. The thing zipped around in typical UFO fashion and zoomed out of sight in the blink of an eye.

Interesting that so many different shapes are reported and I suppose I'm curious if anyone is aware of recent sightings of triangular shaped UFOs?

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Lordsauron

John DeSousa (retired FBI) puts forth the explanation that the Tick Tack and other white/silver UAP's are actually drones & man made. He also asserts that they aren't exactly ours or any other countries drones, but built by a large global aerospace entity. Raytheon & a few other names were tossed around. He also makes the distinction that UFO's are very different from what the US is calling UAP's.

I will assume the distinction is important since publicly admitting UAP's are "unknown" is the MIC's way of threading the needle of disclosure without any real disclosure. It can be done completely straight faced by whatever spokesman because obviously the govt isn't privy to every & all projects within large proprietary companies. If we want to assume real alien UFO's are what is meant well that's on us isn't it?

This ties into your Black Triangles because the description of alien UFO's DeSousa offers, their capabilities, equally haven't been demonstrated by the Black Triangles which circumstantially puts them into the "Man Made" category.

Tried to do a quick search as to the veracity of DeSouza's reputation. Came up with a thread from ATS where he gives his FBI Badge #.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Nice case, really interesting read

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

I will assume the distinction is important since publicly admitting UAP's are "unknown" is the MIC's way of threading the needle of disclosure without any real disclosure. It can be done completely straight faced by whatever spokesman because obviously the govt isn't privy to every & all projects within large proprietary companies. If we want to assume real alien UFO's are what is meant well that's on us isn't it?

a reply to: Caver78
(snippet of post. bolding mine)

Exactly. Sometimes, employees at any given facility won't even be privy to what's going on in the next room over. Certain things with high levels of classification (i.e. top secret) are often only known by, say, 8 to 12 people total. Period. That's it. Sometimes, certain ideas are over-classified; this cripples the development of the project: pulling it off it may require a lot more people, but the classification does not allow anyone else to join up and help, thus rendering the entire project useless. lol. Happens more often than they'd like to admit.

As far as the tictac etc. being man-made drones likely built by a global aerospace entity (perhaps under contract by another entity [gov't, etc]), that is absolutely possible, at least in those particular cases (FLIR, GoFast, etc) and, perhaps, in a heaping handful of others.

That said, I'd be cautious about DeSouza. He may well have been legitimate FBI agent (see DeSouza complaints) but even so, he's gone off the deep end a few times. I remember he claimed 9/11 was a hologram at one point... his post-career conspiracy adventure lost some credibility with that. He is a little more imaginative than I tend to tolerate, but he is a good speaker.

edit on 4/10/2023 by wavelength because: ETA

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   

In relation to ET's and UFO sightings...the seventies were the good-ol'-days for me.

Back then, I was...and still at present, deeply entrenched into UFO lore --- What with my double nighttime sighting of a ludicrous speeding, bluish-white orb and a red-orange fiery-balled foo fighter --- That happened one night, in November of 1976 --- Approximately 40 miles west of Washington D.C. --- When --- that night --- I could sense the presence of a highly intelligent entity, that was possibly onboard that flying starship.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

The 1970s were definitely a blazing hot decade for unidentified aerial phenomena of all sorts. Sounds like an unforgettable sighting you've had, thanks for sharing.

Ps.
For some reason, you got me thinking of this report from in the 1970s in Panama, featuring a speeding light (although no color given in the report). It might interest you.
NUFORC January 1970 Albrook A.F.B.

edit on 4/16/2023 by wavelength because: ps

top topics

<< 1   >>

join