It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Past Life Places

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I completely believe in past lives and reincarnation or something of the sort.

I have traveled all over the world, and have been to many many different places. I love historic places, and places that have an old timey feel. I love Mackinac, I love St. Augustine, London, Paris, Brussels, Berlin, etc and on and on….

Recently I was in Colonial Williamsburg and I couldn’t shake the feeling that I have been there before, there was a familiarness, a comfort, a feeling that one only gets in a place that they have been many times before. I didn’t have any flashbacks or anything like that.
It was just a weird feeling. I laughed it off and didn’t think much more about it, until….

I sent my daughter a photo of a road named Francis Street…..She immediately messages me that it felt like she had been there before.
My mouth dropped. We have never been there before or anything even close to it, and we’ve never visited anyplace that looks like that either.
I’ve read that “soul groups” stick together life after life. Perhaps my daughter and I have lived there previously.

Anyone else ever had that feeling that they have been someplace that they know they haven’t and it’s just unexplainable?

Please if you don’t believe in past lives, create your own OP as to why, let’s not get into a theological discussion here, that is the not the purpose of me writing this.

Also wanted to mention that my feeling in Colonial Williamsburg was 1000% positive, good, cheerful, happy, optimistic, and everything good.
However when I visited Jamestown it was the opposite, sad, oppressive, dark, evil, everything bad.

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I'm not sure about a past life although I did have a strong memory of being baptised at a church I visited on a school trip.

Apparently it's where my brother was baptised but way before I was born. I'm not baptised.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I also ponder on the reincarnation as a possible trap being recycled over and over.... And why do people seem to have past lives on earth over and over... What about past lives in other worlds star systems etc.... Time is not linear either
Then I wonder if past lives some of the memories are coming from our ancestral line information carried through our dna

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   

My grandfather did not believe in reincarnation. In fact, he was terrified of death all the way up until the end, when he died at 90.

About 20 years before he died, he was down in a small village in South America. He had this overwhelming feeling he’d been there before. He said to himself, up that hill and around the corner will be a church. He walked up the road and walla, the exact church he envisioned was right there.

Always thought it was a cool story.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   
How about recurring dreams of places you've never been but feel so familiar? I've unfortunately not been to any in my dreams that I recall lately, but for a time I was going places so often I could draw you a map. Some had bad experiences/vibes, some just strange, some perfectly normal but all recurring over the span of around 20 years. I often wish I had more of a clue as to location so I could spend time on Google Maps but so far, nothing rings a bell.

Other than that, I've never experienced that IRL when traveling. Sounds interesting

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I used to have many combat dreams when I was a teenager and younger. I never joined the military and have never been in combat in this life. Watching old combat films when I was younger gave me a comfortable feeling. The dreams were not always pleasant but felt familiar. I would not say that combat is not pleasant but something that brought familiarity to me. I dreamed of using weapons I have never used in person. One place I prefer not to visit are hot tropical jungles. My dreams of that were not pleasant at all. It seemed like as a teenager while growing up, I had a strong urge to avoid joining the military as if I was supposed to learn how to live a peaceful life. I still feel something wasn’t quite right because normal people don’t have dreams of a thousand ways to kill others during combat. Those memories have faded though. I have been living a peaceful life. A few times even had dreams of engaging in combat as a commander on an alien world. That may have been partial daydreaming.

You could say as an alien commander of a large command engaging in combat with alien forces in another star system, I have had some interesting daydreams. This morning I even had another strange dream that got cut off unexpectedly. I was learning something about a galactic federation but the dream terminated abruptly. I’m not sure if all I read about a galactic federation is true or something people made up.

If you think of our lives as the most realistic VR reality possible, I do believe this could be close to reality. I believe in Christian writing and Jesus himself communicated that our reality may not be exactly as many think it is. If it is a super advanced VR like world, someone with better understanding might be able to walk on water and do miracles in our eyes.
Just my opinion. It doesn’t mean this life and this world is not real. It’s as real as we can see and feel it. I do believe we may come back and live another life one day. I even believe it’s possible to accidentally switch to another parallel reality because I still believe this happened to me more than once. That concerns me more because I don’t know why my reality suddenly changed. Fortunately I haven’t noticed any more sudden changes in years. The last time I remember a sudden change, storms flooded a nearby interstate, roads washed out and were getting blocked by EMS and I seemed to be near the center of the unusual activity. I do not remember hearing of any large storm approaching the area that night either. It just developed and grew and stayed for a while. Next thing I knew my reality slightly changed. Maybe my life in a parallel Earth ended and I switched without realizing it.

I was even told as a Christian we are not supposed to believe in reincarnation but I certainly believe it’s possible. There are several people under hypnosis who recall details of past lives that have been confirmed by researchers. In my opinion, it’s further confirmation that this reality is more like a realistic virtual simulation. Remembering details of past lives or different places happens even if we are supposed to forget to learn and advance in our current lives. Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I have long had a belief that some type of information could be coded within the complexity of DNA. There is strong belief in the field of epigenetics that it may be possible that changes in the function or activity of aspects of the genome can occur without actually changing the DNA.

a reply to: Hiram33

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I absolutely believe more is going on than we know.

I consider myself Atheist, however, I've had too many "paranormal" experiences to deny that there isn't more going on.

I absolutely support that reincarnation is real. How you believe this happens can vary.

I'm one who believes energy consciousness is our eternal state -- and that we enter virtual reality experiences.

Kind of like a virtual reality video game where you have to complete one level before you can more to the next level.

So many times, throughout my life I've felt an end to a living experience and a jump to a higher level.

There, of course, is no end other than physical death -- to then reenter and begin again.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I agree that there is much to the phenomenon that we currently don't understand but as a Christian I have to give reincarnation a hard NO.
Throughout my life I have had many paranormal experiences, some reinforcing my Biblical beliefs and others not directly so.
I always had an incredibly strong reaction to hearing music from the big band and swing era but I was born 20 years post. My dad was a sailor in WWII and both he and my mom loved that style of music so I wonder if some of that affinity was encoded into my sub-DNA? They didn't play it much when I was a kid so I don't think it was environmental.
Also reincarnation negates the need for a savior/redeemer and since I know mine well it just doesn't work for me.
a reply to: orionthehunter

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I believe in reincarnation. I believe that the feeling of Deja vu is related to our experiences in very recent past lives. I believe you reincarnate as anything that is conscious. So your feelings might not necessarily be from a human previous life but one as a more primitive form of life.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Not being facetious or judgemental but don't you hold the human spiritual experience higher than that?
LOL I may have not ever been a prince, king or warlord but I certainly was never an invertebrate or mold!!!!

a reply to: Ohanka

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

"There, of course, is no end other than physical death -- to then reenter and begin again."

There is of cause an exit. If you do not desire anything in the video game the frequency will shift higher. Focus on the frequency shift with your awareness instead of mentally engaging with the video game all the time. Don't blame me if doctor tells you that you have developed Tinnitus. Mine is as loud as.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

"There, of course, is no end other than physical death -- to then reenter and begin again."

There is of cause an exit. If you do not desire anything in the video game the frequency will shift higher. Focus on the frequency shift with your awareness instead of mentally engaging with the video game all the time. Don't blame me if doctor tells you that you have developed Tinnitus. Mine is as loud as.

I do seem to be in a higher frequency. I kind of live in a meditative state, with a vortex swirling around my head, channeling information.

As a child I spent most of my time in trees, looking up, feeling like there was a veil separating me from another dimension. I used to reach up and tell "the sky" to take me home. I was a strange kid.

No, no Tinnitus.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I've mentioned in threads before, that I'm pretty near-convinced that I've effectively Spooky-Action-At-A-Distance'd some other person's daily life on an entirety different (but very clean & peaceful) rock somewhere.

I've also had ones that I've been trying to draw it's map of,. Damn thing is juuust out of active memory-reach -- I can faintly see it in my head, but it fades if I try to focus on any one place. I can tell ya the continents are entirely different, it's mostly large islands & groups. Some familiar names are associated off the top of my head here llike Morocco is a southern coastal region on a large island maybe New Zealands total surface size? I got the impression it was in a southern ocean, maybe that's the size association link?

Anyway, then Oz is just a thin, but very long strip of land stretching a big distance I can't really quantify. It's weird because it's only about as wide as Florida is, but is one of the "large" continents & is equatorial.

Other places, I just can't remember anything about. Some are easily recognized Earth country names, others seem entirely "new", if you will (not like a renaming) and they're on the tip of my tongue just like the cartography is just out of grasp.

Another that bugs the # out of me, dunno about it. It's a town... somewhere. I get the sense it's this old Third Rock, but I don't know where, or it's name.

It is water-side. I'm unsure if it's seaside, or freshwater, I can never remember exactly what the air smells like.
The buildings stick with me, but it bounces between clean, worn stone, and red brick.
The clinate strikes me as cool & comfy.
There are steep drops from the very foresty land to the water, like Hallstatt has, except this is not Hallstatt.

There's one place I like to stand to watch the water, behind a building on like a small pedestrian walkpath along part of the waterfront. Again, a smidge like Hallstatt, but not.
Behind where I stand, there's a rushing stream channeled down the "cliff-slope", except the stream is more like a disguised mini-aquaduct with rocks and such places for camouflage.

If I'm to turn to the building it runs alongside to my left, I can step over to this small, red-brick building, and every single time, I'm both drawn to & mildly confused by a fleur-de-lis embossed on a single brick.

At this point, I usually remember I have something I need to do or finish & then I wake up annoyed. WHERE THE HELL IS THIS PLACE, lol

For what it's worth, I've scoured the Baltic Coast from Germany to Estonia and found no matches. Found a lot of Bucket List places, though (Hill of The Witches? Hell yes, Lithuania!)

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Incredible intuition as a child. You must have developed that spirituality in many past life's. Surprised you have not sought spiritualism in this life. The veil is a segmentation of our consciousness. That needs be pieced to open up our consciousness to the whole. When the segmentation is fractured the thoughts of others start enterin our own consciousness (a trickle at first). That being our normal state which certainly feels like returning home. I certainly am not trying to push religion on you but if you interested in pursuing your spiritualism further, from a straight talker without all the baggage, look for audio books by Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Incredible intuition as a child. You must have developed that spirituality in many past life's. Surprised you have not sought spiritualism in this life. The veil is a segmentation of our consciousness. That needs be pieced to open up our consciousness to the whole. When the segmentation is fractured the thoughts of others start enterin our own consciousness (a trickle at first). That being our normal state which certainly feels like returning home. I certainly am not trying to push religion on you but if you interested in pursuing your spiritualism further, from a straight talker without all the baggage, look for audio books by Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj.

It doesn't seem to be my path. It's more like I'm a guide -- more on a "one-on-one".

It was difficult as a child of the 50s -- even though my mom was into metaphysics back then -- we never shared with each other. Strange, don't you think? I often wonder if she had communicated her beliefs with me, if things would have been different.

Anyway, when I've tried to go to spiritual groups -- my "guys" communicate to me -- beware of false prophets. They say to only listen to them.

I do not believe in God -- in a religious sense -- or that there's an almighty supreme being. But clearly -- there's something more going on.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 02:22 AM
link   

She wanted you to grow into free spirit, uncontaminated by any conditioning, including her own. That's probably why you chose her to be your mother.

If your inner guru is active there is no need to seek alternative teachings. Your instincts about God may not be that far from the truth. But that truth you have to find with the help of your guru's in yourself.

Thank you for sharing. Its been pleasure knowing there people like you out there

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicusbrief
I have long had a belief that some type of information could be coded within the complexity of DNA. There is strong belief in the field of epigenetics that it may be possible that changes in the function or activity of aspects of the genome can occur without actually changing the DNA.

This could be possible too, especially since both my daughter and I “felt” it. Maybe certain things trigger DNA memories. Maybe its a signal to danger?

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   

She wanted you to grow into free spirit, uncontaminated by any conditioning, including her own. That's probably why you chose her to be your mother.

If your inner guru is active there is no need to seek alternative teachings. Your instincts about God may not be that far from the truth. But that truth you have to find with the help of your guru's in yourself.

Thank you for sharing. It's been a pleasure knowing there are people like you out there

Perhaps. Born this way -- so from birth I've had experiences.

I do not do anything to enhance them.

I have a draw toward Connecticut. No idea why. Although, doing my genealogy I've discovered I have a British line I never knew about -- back to the Windsors and Tudors.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: amicusbrief

This could be possible too, especially since both my daughter and I “felt” it. Maybe certain things trigger DNA memories. Maybe its a signal to danger?

I support there is imbedded memory as well as reincarnation.

I don't see any reason to think only one happens.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join