It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bogus Click Bait sites X-47B deployed by US military enters Eastern Europe and ready to head Ukraine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Just goes to show all the bogus info and claims out there, I absolutely that that I posted bogus BS.

Are we sending all of our best toys... can not find any other news it's been deployed in Eastern Europe?

x 47b a highly advanced unmanned combat drone, has been deployed by the US military and has entered Eastern Europe. which are designed to carry out surveillance and strike missions, are part of a wider military operation aimed at deterring aggression in the region. deployment of X 47 B marks a significant step forward in the US military's use of unmanned technology. Unlike traditional piloted aircraft, the X47B can operate for a long time without the need for a human pilot.

edit on 1-4-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

The X-47B hasn’t flown in years. It isn’t going to Eastern Europe or anywhere else. That video is years old from when they were lifting it aboard a carrier for at sea trials. They were never meant to deploy and never entered active service. They carried out the test program and were retired, and currently sit in hangars at Plant 42.

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I don't know which is more concerning, this aircraft being deployed or someone finding old footage and passing it off as news.

Let's hope we get the truth.

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   

well i am not impressed with that, the black one i once saw too close was ten times bigger, with insane geometric patterns lighted up with a weird red glow, and it did impossible things.

I think it was built by humans but it was just an alien looking thing.

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

The X-47B program was never meant to be deployed. It currently has no support structure, and I’m sure many parts have been stripped. The aircraft were returned to Northrop after the end of the testing program. Their only purpose was to prove they could operate from an aircraft carrier, and that a UAV could refuel in flight.

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The X-47B hasn’t flown in years. It isn’t going to Eastern Europe or anywhere else. That video is years old from when they were lifting it aboard a carrier for at sea trials. They were never meant to deploy and never entered active service. They carried out the test program and were retired, and currently sit in hangars at Plant 42.

It's why I'm asking. I was going to go and comment on the website that it's complete BS, but it goes to show the amount of propaganda floating around just for clicks and hits LOL or is it more than that?

www.youtube.com...@Militaryfoundation/about

Military [email protected] subscribers202 videos
The Military Foundation provides you with footage from the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Coast Guard. We also post a variety of the latest videos such as weapons, planes, tanks, ships, weapons, artillery, vehicles, military operations and the latest military news.

Subscribed

subscribe
Description
The Military Foundation provides you with footage from the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Coast Guard. We also post a variety of the latest videos such as weapons, planes, tanks, ships, weapons, artillery, vehicles, military operations and the latest military news.

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   

There are several channels that make similar claims, then turn around and post the most outrageous, obvious BS that you’ve ever seen. The last time the X-47Bs were moved anywhere, it created such a stir that it wasn’t even funny. The only way to move it would be my truck, as they did, or by C-17 or C-5. Either way would draw huge amounts of attention, by everyone freaking out over the “UFO” If they went by truck, or by how incredibly weird it is to have a C-5 or C-17 at Plant 42. And if they trucked it to Edwards to land the cargo aircraft at, it would still stir things up. Either by being seen, or by the fact that they were suddenly gone. There’s been zero chatter about them since the end of the program.

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

There are several channels that make similar claims, then turn around and post the most outrageous, obvious BS that you’ve ever seen. The last time the X-47Bs were moved anywhere, it created such a stir that it wasn’t even funny. The only way to move it would be my truck, as they did, or by C-17 or C-5. Either way would draw huge amounts of attention, by everyone freaking out over the “UFO” If they went by truck, or by how incredibly weird it is to have a C-5 or C-17 at Plant 42. And if they trucked it to Edwards to land the cargo aircraft at, it would still stir things up. Either by being seen, or by the fact that they were suddenly gone. There’s been zero chatter about them since the end of the program.

Yea I hate that crap, I don't want to post BS on any topic, even more so about Ukraine. I was gonna scuttle the thread but I'll leave it up as a reminder and be more careful in the future.

It's ironic the internet was supposed to be efficient and get news quickly and accurately, and now you have to find a story and verify it 3-4 times.

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

It's ironic the internet was supposed to be efficient and get news quickly and accurately, and now you have to find a story and verify it 3-4 times.

What it really does is give any bottom dweller a venue for nonsense with no verification whatsoever

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: putnam6

What it really does is give any bottom dweller a venue for nonsense with no verification whatsoever

LOL sounds as if you insinuating Im dwelling on the bottom...

The thing is the site has been around since 2019, it's not like the site is getting huge subscriber totals or hits. In other words, it's not doing this to make money. The comments infer it's because it's April 1st but it's got other suspect sensationalized vids too. FWIW the comment sections is interesting

like this one, the headlines occurred a year ago the best I can tell

edit on 1-4-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Didnt they dust off the X47B and add tanks to try get it into the Navy Drone refueler competition?

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

They never flew it. They offered the design, but they never actively tested it before the award.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   

For a moment, I thought they meant this babe.

😁

Cheers

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

For a moment, I thought they meant this babe.

😁

Cheers

Pretty cool I never knew about those and according to Wikipedia they used drogue chutes to slow them down for landing

en.wikipedia.org...

Drogue chutes
The aircraft was so aerodynamically clean that rapid descent ("penetration") from high cruise altitude to the landing pattern required dragging the deployed rear landing gear. The relatively high wing loading (weight/wing area) required a high landing speed of 180 kn (330 km/h). To shorten the landing roll, USAF test pilot Major Guy Townsend promoted the addition of a 32 ft (9.8 m) German-invented "ribbon" drag chute (thrust reversers had not then been developed).[43] For the same reason, the B-47 was the first mass-produced aircraft to be equipped with an anti-skid braking system.[citat

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   

It was an interesting beast, but it has some serious design issues. From April 10, 1958 to roughly April 20, 1958 four B-47s went down. Three of them exploded in flight after suffering center wing failures due to metal fatigue. On May 2 1958 the Air Force announced the loss of 14 B-47s since Jan 1. It appears that was an undercount, and it was actually 17 aircraft and 46 crew. In 1957 27 aircraft crashed or exploded in flight. The total for 1958 came out to 31 aircraft. Between 1956 and 1958, at least 8 nuclear weapons were lost, destroyed, or jettisoned from B-47s.

new topics

top topics

join