It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 2023 - CNN Viewership has Declined to Where it Was in 1991 and Continues to Plummet.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Good News Conservatives and *MAGA-AF activists!

We have almost achieved one of our goals regarding transforming the U.S. Mainstream News Media landscape. They are all suffering viewership losses to varying degrees, but anti-America CNN continues leading in loss of viewership.

Cable News Network (CNN) viewership numbers are now back to what they had in 1991, when almost nobody knew of the network, and no airports or hotel lobbies had CNN on their public TV screens.

The first quarter of 2023 saw heavy year-over-year declines across the board in cable news.

CNN saw the steepest declines, dropping 27 percent in total day viewers and 40 percent in the key 25-53 age demographic for the quarter when compared to last year.

CNN’s quarter demo performance, while ahead of MSNBC, was the worst the network has seen in the prime-time demo since ratings data became available in 1991.
Source: www.mediaite.com...

If CNN doesn't become more honest and pro-America in its reporting and priorities, financial losses will cause AT&T will spin it off to the highest bidder. Hopefully, a MAGA-AF entity will be the purchaser!

-CareWeMust / *MAGA-AF = Make America Great Again - Americans First.

edit on 3/29/2023 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Go woke, go broke.

That's all I've got to say about that....

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Maybe it has more to do with most people not getting their news from cable/tv.

CNN is number 2 in English-language news websites in the United States in February 2023, by monthly visits

Have you actually done anything?

edit on 30-3-2023 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 11:59 PM
link   
24 hours of insulting one of America's true America first president and for the people supposedly I mean it seems to be that way even listening to the news overseas but yeah if you have 24 hours of anti-American anti-presidential coverage then yeah you going to fall from grace..

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Oh noooo! But if they die, where will we get the brave, groundbreaking comprehensive investigative journalism where they hold power's feet to the fire?
How will we redress the crimes of the powerful without CNN's, MSNBC's and Fox's routine mauling of the hands that feed them?
A free, informed society shall now be at risk without the noble flame of ...

ah, forget it. The sarcasm doesn't even properly convey my scorn for those fake mouthpieces of the criminally powerful.
Good riddance to bad propaganda.

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Maybe it has more to do with most people not getting their news from cable/tv.

CNN is number 2 in English-language news websites in the United States in February 2023, by monthly visits

Have you actually done anything?

The Website visits don't generate much money for CNN. In fact, the hosting costs may consume most of the revenue generated by advertisers.

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
24 hours of insulting one of America's true America first president and for the people supposedly I mean it seems to be that way even listening to the news overseas but yeah if you have 24 hours of anti-American anti-presidential coverage then yeah you going to fall from grace..

Even though polls point to the Biden Administration lowering "patriotism" sentiments across the country, you're probably correct, thankfully!

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I know how you feel. In fact, I'm torn over whether I'll "citizen arrest" a top Liberal MSM News Outlet Owner, or a top Evil-doer in the Federal Government, if we the citizens are forced to take back America.

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The Website visits don't generate much money for CNN. In fact, the hosting costs may consume most of the revenue generated by advertisers.

How much is a viewer worth now compared to 1991. Last I heard they made 2B in 2022. They made in the 10's of millions in 1991. Seems like an apples to oranges comparison.

Also, the propaganda is still being delivered, so have you actually done anything?

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 02:45 AM
link   
There are at times I see a headline of something I am actually interested in until I see it is a CNN article or video... I would rather grab a dog turd bare handed that click on anything CNN.

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: carewemust

How much is a viewer worth now compared to 1991. Last I heard they made 2B in 2022. They made in the 10's of millions in 1991. Seems like an apples to oranges comparison.

Also, the propaganda is still being delivered, so have you actually done anything?

Taking in in flation rates and the economy , the 2022 figure may be less than the 1991 era .

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Who wants to watch news and be tricked or lied to?

CNN has killed their brand.

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Taking in in flation rates and the economy , the 2022 figure may be less than the 1991 era .

According to an online inflation calculator 1 USD in 1991 is worth 2.21 USD today. And, according to this NYT article

CNN International had revenues of $20.8 million in the first half of this year and will make an operating profit in 1991...

Double that for the year and round up 42M. Multiply by 2.21 and round up gives 93M in 2023 dollars.

According to this article they are predicting a fall to 956M.That would 10 times the revenue in 1991.

Will they close shop? I don't know but I think OP's victory dance is a little premature.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I found it odd that Mediaite (The OP's source) was considered a left-wing news source. I expected that only right-wing news agencies would promote the news that CNN was failing to prosper... although that perspective is only valid from a cable viewership perspective.

Personally I attribute that failure to an entrenched cabal of personalities that are more about aggrandizing themselves and virtue signaling than the task of reporting news.

But a little nugget I found was that it is also part of a news organization "alliance" who's stated objective is to change the political news landscape...

In June 2019, Mediaite, along with sister site Law & Crime, left-leaning Raw Story and AlterNet, and conservative sites The Daily Caller and Washington Free Beacon, formed a coalition of political news sites to offer marketers advertising packages aimed at readers interested in politics. The Alliance aims to attract ad revenue toward "midsized political publishers" as opposed to larger technology companies, such as Facebook and Google.
... perhaps CNN too?

That above is from the 2009 WSJ article "Political-News Sites Forge Ad Group to Compete With Facebook and Google"

Just some info to add to the discussion....

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Is all good, I am sure that when CNN cannot generate any more money Soros or China will buy the news agency, you know using a proxy to do it.

I have no watched any of the major news media outlets in years, that included Fox.

If they got down a lot of the favorite movie channels will go down with them, as they are part of the Warner brother media, ATT is the biggest shareholder.

I noticed lately that HBO is not what used to be, their programming has become crappy, I know because my husband phone provider package includes Cinemax and HBO, I rarely watch any of them at all.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Any other business model that went back to 1991 revenue would be out of business in 2 seconds. Good thing they get that state sponsored money.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   
How great would it be if Elon bought CNN too?

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Narvasis
How great would it be if Elon bought CNN too?

Twitter has some embedded rats that Elon can't control. Holdover CNN people would poison Elon's drinking water. No exaggeration. They are just that evil.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   
April 3, 2023 - SPY BALOON's MISSION OVER USA WAS A SUCCESS FOR CHINA

FYI...When Joe Biden allowed CHINA to float a bus-sized spy platform over the USA for an entire week earlier this year, CNN told us every day...

"The President knows what he's doing. His Administration is studying it, while electronically blocking the apparatus's ability to actively spy and transmit. Trust President Joe Biden, America!"

Now, U.S. Intelligence agencies are revealing this huge balloon-attached spy platform gathered and transmitted back to China, lots of U.S. secrets during that week in February!

Source: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join