It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you remember thinking caps from school? You might want to read this.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This thread does not belong in conspiracies in religions because it isn't really about religion but class warfare.

IMHO communists had infiltrated certain private school systems decades ago or more. They wanted to distribute smart students' brains among the other students.

Camouflage works by making something look like something else. There is a casual expression "put on your thinking cap" which means to concentrate.

IMHO some communist infiltrators may be practicing class warfare by getting the smarter students to visualize extruding a portion of their "etheric body" or spirit, and craft it into a visualization of a cap that another student or teacher can wear. This may be thought to enable the other student to psychically pick up information from the intelligent student.

Suppose, just suppose, it did create some sort of unhealthy rapport between you and other students which enabled them to cheat off your knowledge on tests. Suppose they're still using you.

Prayer, penance, forgiveness or the Tibetan Buddhist practice of Tonglen can unstick false beliefs like the notion that the cap cannot be recalled.

I had been told the cap I had created in my mind could not be recalled. I did not recall this false instruction until I did Tonglen. Then it came rushing back. You may get results within hours or days.

Sometimes I can clearly imagine (or perhaps hear psychically) that threats are being made by people who don't want you taking "their" thinking cap. It may be morally wrong to tamper with other peoples' minds but they may have picked up on something you visualized, which represents rapport with your mind, namely the cap. Praying daily for safety is important if you undertake to take back your soul.

If you imagine you have left pieces of yourself in your former schools, or better yet if you can recall how the thinking cap looked when you visualized it, try to do Tonglen on it or on the places you were taught about it. Memories may come rushing back of whatever kept you from taking back your cap and ending the rapport. Again, you may get results within hours or days.

Remember to forgive and to sorrow but not anger for the people who exploit or hurt you.

Pema Chodron's instructions were different from all the other instructions on Tonglen I have found, so I did not use them and do not vouch for them.

posted on Mar, 28 2023 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Solvedit

No.

Sorry, but, no.

As a product of 12 years of private, parochial education, and as one of the "better" achieving students in all of my classes (except pre-algebra, for some reason: hated set theory with a passion), I can attest to the fact that "putting our thinking caps on" never improved the academic performance of any of my classmates.

Fortunately for them, most of their families had fortunes.

posted on Mar, 28 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Collegiate level studies say The Dunce Cap may have been more functional and effective 😁

posted on Mar, 28 2023 @ 06:50 PM
link   
“Do to others whatever you would have them do to you. This is the law and the prophets."

Matthew 7:12.

"Need makes right. Covetousness and envy do not."

-some crank on the internet.

posted on Mar, 28 2023 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

No.

Sorry, but, no.
I checked the thread a half hour after I posted so you could not have had enough time to meditate and assess whether any of your spirit had returned to you.

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 02:04 AM
link   

The thinking cap is a rethorical device. You don't have to connect with others really, because is a shadow of the noosphere where there's no spacial seperation, in time yes but space is to them and your 'ursuppe'/mind as our space and the matter that fills it is to us. There's no intruding because they're always overlapping.
There's consent, but be aware you can't know what you signed up for before it's happening.

The thinking cap has nothing to do with that it's more when you focus on your own centre, disconnect to think.
Like I said: a device

Like this

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I wonder if the shape of the imagined hat can helps it's effectiveness. If angles intersect the cosmic conveyance to a deeper degree than arcs, then a three cornered hat would be awesome! Is there such a thing as a four cornered hat? A fez would be much less effective but they can be flat on top so there is still some angularity. A beret wouldn't work at all due to it being rounded. A dunce cap is rounded, but with a point. Maybe that point has a significance?

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Like I said: a device

Most people just use it as an expression. The one you are familiar with may be a device. Please bear in mind it is possible to call several different things or ideas the same thing.

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 05:52 AM
link   

a rethorical device...

Everybody uses it to express how they focus on their own thought. If you use it differently you're using it wrong.
Or all language becomes meaningless.

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Everybody uses it to express how they focus on their own thought. If you use it differently you're using it wrong.
Or all language becomes meaningless.

Don't kill the messenger.

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   

What messenger? You? What was the message?
All I read was slightly disappointing fiction?

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Although I’m a linguist/philologist/etymologist/polyglot/etc., I will admit I didn’t know this one myself; however, the first mention of a “considering cap” was back in the 17th century while the first actual explanation of what exactly a considering cap was, comes to us from The History of Miss Goody Two Shoes and it explains, “the considering cap is three sided with one side saying, ‘you could be right,’ the next side, ‘it’s 50 to 1 but you are right,’” and I forget the last side. Although it never mentions it in the books, Americans likely got the idea of a thinking cap by the way that Sherlock Holmes was displayed, always doing his accusing while wearing a tartan cap and smoking a pipe.

I don’t think it ever was meant as an etheric visualization with the power to transfer intelligence. That’s all a new theory, completely on you and in your ballpark. I don’t know how you’d go about testing it though…

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   
A wizard hat ?

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat
It is senseless to offer an etymological analysis when my point is a few people may be using the term differently than the commonly accepted meaning.

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Yeah ,I Remember . I LOVE CAPS ......................*)

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   
You all may have noticed that I have not posted for about a month.

I had to log on from another computer. Someone seems to have hacked mine, just after "thinking caps" and the "war on intelligence" post.

When I try to log on from home, a page pops up which says ATS is down for maintenance. Maybe the secret Comintern is having me hacked?
edit on 30-4-2023 by Solvedit because: added information

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit
You all may have noticed that I have not posted for about a month.

I had to log on from another computer. Someone seems to have hacked mine, just after "thinking caps" and the "war on intelligence" post.

When I try to log on from home, a page pops up which says ATS is down for maintenance. Maybe the secret Comintern is having me hacked?

Or just a virus

top topics

join