It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeremy Corbyn Formally Blocked from Running as a Labour MP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Leader of the opposition Labour party and self confessed Zionist , "Sir" keir starmer , has today had Anti-Zionist and Labour MP for the past 40 years , Jeremy Corbyn , blocked from standing as the Labour representative for his Islington North constituency at the next election , I disagree with much of what Corbyn says but I disagree even more with this move.

Corbyn has never been afraid to stand up against the plight of the Palestinians and criticize Israel when needed but in this age where free speech is something to be frowned upon and legislated against Corbyn's support for the downtrodden is to much for the infiltrated (Labour Friends of Israel) party so now he and anyone else who dares speak up against that particular injustice is to be purged from the party..

The National Executive Committee (NEC) voted 22 to 12 to approve a motion from Sir Keir Starmer to prevent his predecessor from being endorsed.

Shabana Mahmood, a Labour MP and the party's national campaign co-ordinator, called the move a "clear demonstration" of the current leadership making changes "to make sure that we can win the trust of the British people again".

But supporters of Mr Corbyn have braded the decision an "anti-democratic stitch-up", saying local constituency members should get to decide his fate.
news.sky.com...

Shameful move by starmer and I hope it's one ,come election day , he comes to regret should Corbyn stand as an independent.

edit on 28-3-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Corbyn is an antisemite with a problematic history, such as cosying up with terrorists. He represents the unelectable left. If Corbyn is so special, then he should stand as an independent, or start his own political party. He can call it Momentum, or the Loony Left.

Kier Starmer is right to seek the removal of people from the Labour Party who no longer chime its direction of travel, such as the elimination of antisemitism and positioning Labour towards the electable centre of British politics.

posted on Mar, 28 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Kier Starmer is right to seek the removal of people from the Labour Party who no longer chime its direction of travel, such as the elimination of antisemitism and positioning Labour towards the electable centre of British politics.

A party of yes men then , no independent thought allowed.
Seems a bit 1930s to me.

posted on Mar, 28 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
A party of yes men then , no independent thought allowed.

I am all for diversity of thought and the avoidance of echo chambers, and the like.

However, Corbyn is unrepentant in his antisemitism, or rather the lacklustre way he tried to deal with it. And no surprise, his core support was the fanatic Palestinian flag waving, anti-Israeli barkers, and their ilk.

For political parties to work and be successful, they must be broad churches. But antisemitism is just racism and not a good look from any angle.
edit on 28/3/2023 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Criticism of Israel and Zionist ideologies is not antisemitism , redefining it as such curtails free speech.

posted on Mar, 28 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Criticism of Israel and Zionist ideologies is not antisemitism , redefining it as such curtails free speech.

Yes, I agree with you. This happened under Corbyn's watch...

EHRC report of antisemitism in the Labour Party - opens in a PDF

EDIT to add that by all accounts Corbyn was apparently a good constituency MP, so that's a saving grace.

edit on 28/3/2023 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 06:47 AM
link   

A lot of people need to get this into their heads and keep it there.

new topics

top topics

join