It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Green Initiatives Did for Sri Lanka They Are Doing for Africa Too

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Sri Lanka used to be able to feed itself being primarily an agricultural nation with a thriving tea sector. Then green lunacy hit, and the government imposed nitrogen measures on the farmers. They boasted that all of Sri Lanka's agriculture would be organic which meant zero nitrogen fertilizer, and within just a couple years, they went from being net exporter of agricultural products and being able to be a self-sustaining nation to being a net food importer and having nothing to trade out.

Their economy collapsed and shortly afterward, so did their government.

Now it looks like Zimbabwe, South Africa and Nigeria may be following suit. Why? A couple years ago, all three nations signed on to a UN renewable energy plan.

A couple of years ago, Zimbabwe agreed to a UN plan to mandate more renewable energy and move away from coal and natural gas. At roughly the same time, Nigeria signed on to the UN Clean Energy Demand Initiative and John Kerry showed up in person when Nigeria’s president signed the mandate. And as we’ve discussed here before, South Africa started its “transition” to renewable energy years ago, dumping $8.5 billion into the plan in a move the New York Times described as a “Breakthrough for the World.” A few years later, people are sitting in the dark with no heat over wide regions of each country. But I’m sure that’s just a coincidence, right?

In some place, it's gotten so bad that people who still have jobs are having to work at night because that may be the only time when there is stable enough power. In other places, food merchants who rely on refrigeration are facing difficulty because they cannot keep their food cold. The power won't stay on so the food spoils in a day. And plenty of other people are rightfully ticked that they keep up with their utility bills only to never have what they're paying for.

But consider - If your country does not have power, it cannot work. If it cannot work, it has no economy. So they are marching down the same road as Sri Lanka. Africa has never been stable to begin with, but this is making it less so. This should be a cautionary tale, but I predict that somehow the wrong lesson will be learned.

posted on Mar, 26 2023 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

These food collapses are ON PURPOSE.

Next, the politicians will FALSELY claim that "see, this is because of global warming/climate change, and if you do not want food scarcity to get worse, all populations must agree to PERMANENT dictatorships with social credits and CBDC"

I'm willing to bet goverments will ban private gardens for your own use, as it dimishes their control.

The final objective is to make all populations somewhat malnourished as weak people are easier to control.
Establishment of Globalist serfdom ,with little hope of overthrow as unlike any other time in history, the rulers will control everything
edit on 26-3-2023 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2023 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Well this is something to consider and I've been saying it for quite some time now many people are trying to immigrate to this country or Japan and as of today we have over 3 million foreigners here.

I've been saying people with money are trying to get to this country to start a business because it seems like it's not going to collapse with the food industry although our prices have increased by about 24% within the last 6 months but we still have a pretty solid economy going but unfortunately most of it is part time these days.

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Anyone with eyes who can see or read surly knows by now this is a WEF/NWO program to get rid of all the useless eaters...Or you will own nothing, eat lab grown bugs and be happy to have anything to eat at all !

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

These food collapses are ON PURPOSE.

When you look at everything being that will reduce the food supply around the globe it sure looks like an artificially induced famine is coming our way, and what food is available will go to the 1%.
It's a slow process for people to become malnurished and diseases to take over but the groundwork has been laid out to begin the process of fulfilling the Georgia Giudstone mandates.

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Life has to be a nightmare, because if it isn't than this is hell

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Just what Africa needs, more corruption and mismanagement. The suffering will be immense.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Hmm it's a lot more simple than some grand conspiracy.

The UN is basically telling these nations in a nice way that they aren't worth the investment for heavy fertilizer producing nations to be sending them their resources.

Sri lanka was importing half a billion a year to just sustain its rice production. And that was mostly purchased off cheap debt they owed to China.

South Africa produces more than enough to sustain themselves, and historically export a lot to other African nations, but since Russia has gone the route of becoming extremely protectionist, along with nations like Canada, india and the US scaling back their exports and needing it for the rising food costs at home the fertilizer situation is only going to get worse.

Basically, nations like sri lanka don't have the trade goods or the trade power to become a good trade partner with, you can only get so much of what you want with money, but they didn't have the money to begin with.

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

In Africa, the problem is power generation, not fertilizer.

But it's nice to discover that the UN has basically written you off as not worth the effort of life. Or perhaps I should say "life not worth living".
edit on 27-3-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I'm not sure this is part of a conspiracy
this might just be stupid leftists imposing their will, ignorant of the consequences.

like driving electric cars in the winter. oh, wait, there are unexpected issues that make this a bad idea.

problem is they're so self-obsessed they refuse to acknowledge wrong on their part. we're right and our agenda is brilliant and noble and we're not going to let some economic failures and starving third-worlders deter us.

too bad the western-educated leaders of the third world give in to them.
I despise the mullahs of Iran, but they aren't letting the western college kids tell them what to do.

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   

It's the same concept. Just different resources.

Why would say north Korea export their coal to Zimbabwe if they have nothing to offer? Even if they did have the infrastructure to build huge coal power plants would they be able to sustain it?

I'd imagine a nation that has the capacity to build industrial scale power plants would, assumably, have somewhat of an industrialized society, meaning they have the means to export something of value to buy coal or trade for it.
It's better to tell these nations they need to figure out alternatives. Does it not raise questions in your head that energy rich nations are keeping their energy for themselves in the recent years?

I think whats happening is that those energy rich nations want to keep it for themselves, oil for example is worth more in the ground and used for manufactured products like plastics and such than it is being burned up.
Half of the whole "green" movement is nothing but green washing long term sustainability for resources like coal and oil.

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   
But what really gets me is all these separate countries/ governments seem to be in lockstep for this suicidal agenda. Not even a peep off opposition politicians. Even countries that were against one another seem to agree with this stupid plan.

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Then what's the excuse for S. Africa? They were a prosperous, modern country. Now they can't keep their power on. And Nigerians who come here legally are one of the most successful immigrant groups. They don't lack for talent there even if they end up losing it.

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   

heard a story years ago, Che Guevera was asking the Soviets to help them make a steel foundry. The Russian pointed out that Cuba has no coal, coke or iron ore, so it wouldn't be worthwhile.

I would think places like Zimbabwe would invest in biomass. I'm sure they have a good amount of sustainable green material.
there is oil in Africa; not sure how accessible.

You bring up an fair question; what can poor third-world countries have to offer for industrial goods? some mineral wealth?

like the Ukraine food that was supposed to go to Middle East / Africa but ended up in Spain feeding the pigs. The Third World can't afford what the rest can.

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Talk about a Ponzi Scheme , it's Going Global Now.........

posted on Mar, 28 2023 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I'd imagine corruption and lack of infrastructure maintenance is to blame in that department. They have been load shedding their power plants since the early 2000s and its oy getting worse.

Africa has always been a place where lack of investment from everywhere else has caused it to stay stagnant. During the time of British colonialism they poured more investment into Canada alone than all their African colonies combined, and when ww1 hit they just abandoned it all. I know that was a long time ago, but it just goes to show that if you want to progress in this world you need sound investment and trade partners.

But I guess on the bright side, China has stepped up to the plate.

posted on Mar, 28 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

You might find this video interesting:

top topics

join