It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Wyoming, which I've heard doesn't actually exist :)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2023 @ 07:59 PM
link   
According to my profile, I joined around 2 years ago (I had thought it was 3 or 4). I've never started a thread because something I read said you had to have 20 posts before you could do that. At the same time, there seemed to be encouragement to start a thread in Introductions. This site is confusing to me, and the thread answering questions seems to be outdated as far as the layout it talks about. Not complaining, just explaining why it has taken me so long to attempt an introduction thread (which will post only if I don't need to have 20 posts first).

I don't recall where I heard about this site, but it seemed interesting, so I joined - then didn't return for about a year.

Anyway, not sure what to say about myself. I like a lot of the topics here. I like the fact that there are opposing views on many topics. I'm an older female living in Wyoming with an interest in many things, especially things that are a little off the beaten path. For example, I have many of Graham Hancock's books. I like the way he views our ancient history. I have some of Velikovsky's books. I don't know if hollow earth is real, but the subject fascinates me. I like being as independent as possible from traditional AMA medical care, especially over these last three years.

posted on Mar, 26 2023 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SilverMoon

My wife and I love vacationing in Wyoming

Welcome to the site
edit on 26-3-2023 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Thank you.

Wyoming is great in the summer. Not so much in the winter. Now, if I lived in the part where trees grew on their own, it would be even better.

edit on 26-3-2023 by SilverMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2023 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SilverMoon
According to my profile, I joined around 2 years ago (I had thought it was 3 or 4). I've never started a thread because something I read said you had to have 20 posts before you could do that. At the same time, there seemed to be encouragement to start a thread in Introductions. This site is confusing to me, and the thread answering questions seems to be outdated as far as the layout it talks about. Not complaining, just explaining why it has taken me so long to attempt an introduction thread (which will post only if I don't need to have 20 posts first).

I don't recall where I heard about this site, but it seemed interesting, so I joined - then didn't return for about a year.

Anyway, not sure what to say about myself. I like a lot of the topics here. I like the fact that there are opposing views on many topics. I'm an older female living in Wyoming with an interest in many things, especially things that are a little off the beaten path. For example, I have many of Graham Hancock's books. I like the way he views our ancient history. I have some of Velikovsky's books. I don't know if hollow earth is real, but the subject fascinates me. I like being as independent as possible from traditional AMA medical care, especially over these last three years.

Hey,

Welcome to the jungle...

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Hi There " SilverMoon ", and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community!

For now, you can reply to any thread in any of the forums of your choosing, as well as send & receive Private Messages (PM's) to Staff (only for now). Once you have achieved 5 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Here's some handy links, important must read links (and more links).

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read, we take these very seriously and so should you!).

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum A cornocopia of almost every thing a new ATS Freshman would want under one roof.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice This section includes how to Contact Staff, make Alerts and help maintain the ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Great information as we want your thread to get the visibility it deserves, so make sure you've got great content backed-up with links (so we can see it for ourselves), and then add your thoughts on the subject matter.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS. Before you link a website in your post or thread, please read this.

How to upload an avatar/profile picture with instructions and so much more .

Uploading Pictures unto Post-2013 ATS, Serving up member's pictures and snapshots since the retooling of ATS back in 2013, and here's a little secret on your Picture uploads. Always make sure they 'end' with one of these three formats; jpg, gif, png... (a jpeg needs to be changed to .jpg to be accepted as only 3 letter formats are accepted).

Take your time and enjoy, ATS is a pretty large place

There's a lot of great spots to explore and share your comments in. Being this large it's safe to say that not everyone is going to agree with what you might say. And actually that's a good thing as this allows all voices, theories and ideas to come out for discussion.

But be aware that sometimes, people's conviction's can get the better of them and they might attack the person and not the subject being discussed. This is when the Terms & Conditions's (T&C's) are not only your friend but on your side too. If you feel someone has broken the "T&C's", then please notify us of 'their offense' immediately by using the complaint/alert feature, (located below the members Avatar/Meme). To report an offense, find the little "top-torso-person silhouette" then 'click-on' in their avatar/meme area, making sure the post that your wanting to alert staff about is where you click 'that alert' from. These reports are reviewed by staff as we take all complaints and Alerts seriously.

Some areas will require a thicker-skin for discussion and debating and they can get rather heated (in certain arenas). Other areas require you having an open-mind and a need to consider thoughts and theories that don't fit the 'norm'. If you like to tip-toe in to darker areas, you'll find 'like-minded' and curious members that are also into UFO's, the Paranormal, Cryptids and Conspiracies.

There's also places to just chill and cool-down from all the craziness and frustrations of this wild world. Whether it's showing off your artwork in Member Art, or sharing a piece of music you like or created in the Music forum. Maybe you'd like to toss in your "2 Cents" in the General Chit Chat forum.

If you like to read (and compose) good stories, there's a few places for the "mighty fine creative minds" of ATS to hang out at.... including one my favorites the "Short Stories" forum.

And finally... remember these words as "you" are responsible for "your" posts, so please..... " Post unto others as you would have them post unto you ! "

Johnny Anonymous,
Staff-Moderator.

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Welcome!

I lived in Cheyenne for about 2 years back in 98-2000 I had moved up there from Texas, talk about a shocking change in weather!

I will say I do love the winters there, absolutely laoth the spring and summer winds lol, but im a little odd

I now live outside Boise, Idaho (slowly making my way further north!)

Welcome to the circus!

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I've been to Wyoming multiple times and I still don't believe it exists. Welcome home. Man... Now I kinda wanna go back to Wyoming...

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Hi and welcome, from another older woman.

Never been to Wyoming.
Too much of a homebody right now, plus animals to take care of.

Michigan is cold enough in the winter, thank you!

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Welcome from a former Rivertonite. Rivertonian? Rivertoner? IDK, glad you're here, and there, wish I was. Wyoming is awesome!

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS, Silvermoon.

Wyoming definitely IS real.
I'm pretty sure there was a question about it on Jeopardy a few years back.

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Welcome! Again! Wyoming does not exist in the other world before the Mengele Effect. But the Big Cowboy State is still here! Yay!

I not-so-randomly typed "Wyoming cryptids" into the search field and got this dot gov link:
www.blm.gov...

that goes to another link. For the laughs.

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   
WELCOME. Try not to take any posts too serious and enjoy the banter and the information. Oh, and the theories. By the way can you make Peach Cobbler. I've never tasted it, I just like saying Peach Cobbler.

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Welcome back to ATS

The thing that always stood out to me about Wyoming the many times I drove thru is the smell of sage after a rain, amazingly beautiful smell. The scenery is always refreshing too. There was a great breakfast spot in Laramie I stopped at a few times as well, and the cowboy bar in Cheyenne (I think) was a serious piece of history.

Look forward to your input here, thanks for sharing!!

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I grew up in Sweetwater County...Wyoming. (one of the biggest Counties in the USA)

I know, personally, that Wyoming exists.

My plates were "4"...if you're from Wyoming you know what this means. (yours are likely "2") My alternate plates were "23".

My world (stomping grounds, etc) revolved around plates which were "23", "22", "5", "2" and, of course, "4".

I am a Wyoming "Native".
edit on 3/29/2023 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

I grew up in northern Idaho, but we used to travel to Wyoming often, particularly the Wind River Range area and Lizardhead Pass area in particular. Long story. I remember also when I was about six that we stayed in a place with log cabins -- I think outside or Laramie, but not certain -- and they had a resident porcupine that visited folks. Wonderful. Jumped up on my bed and fell asleep with one front foot in the air.

This is one of the last bastions of civil discussion and debate. Johnny gave you some great links. Take your time and settle in. Some of us think it's going to be a bumpy ride, but that doesn't mean it won't be amazing!

posted on Apr, 5 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   

You can post before you get in that number of posts.
You just cannot start a new thread, other than the one in Intros.

Sorry for the confusion,

and WELCOME!!

Also, share your views on MSM...and avoid corporate medicine as much as we can.
edit on Wed Apr 5 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Thank you so much for all that information!

a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I think I made peach cobbler once, years and years ago. I thought it tasted good.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Thank you for all the replies and the advice. You are all so welcoming.

@Flyingclaydisk - Sweetwater County is where I'm at. I've only been here a few years. I have also lived in Arizona and Utah.

@chiefsmom - I lived in Michigan for 2 winters and 1 summer many years ago. Definitely cold wet winters there.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Hooray... I love intro threads...

You probably already know there's a lot of interest in the topics you mentioned... I'll be looking forward to seeing you around the board.

Best of luck, and happy posting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join