It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waco: American Apocalypse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2023 @ 05:23 PM
link   
A new Netflix doc. I've written up now three posts about my feelings towards this doc. I've had to delete them all. This does have a lot of new footage but still doesn't change my feelings about it.

There are better docs on this but none of what's in this doc changes anything. The government totally failed us all. The only people who were trying to get something productive done were the negotiators and they weren't being listened to. The Hostage Rescue Team - HRT - was out there and they are a team of action, not negotiation You have conflicting interests and no communication between them, the FBI, ATF.....

No one needed to die, dammit. Why the hell did the ATF just all of a sudden barge in with guns a blazing on Feb. 28? It's well known they could have arrested him in the months prior anywhere in town while he was under 'surveillance".

It is very odd how when they finally went in to get him all of their "surveillance" was for naught as they didn't know squat about the compound. They had to figure it out and I just don't agree with some of what's depicted here. The cult were the bad guys but starting this whole fiasco was totally on the government, or lack of. Nobody was really in charge, nobody was paying attention to either of their hands and simply doing a really lousy magic trick.

Here's the trailer, take my words for what they are, utter crapola. It's three hours, not terribly long.

Well, I can't get the trailer to embed. Sorry. It's out there, I ain't making it up.
edit on 3/26/2023 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2023 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Have the day off work tomorrow so pencilled this in for a watch after i drop the kid at school.

Cheers for the heads up, should be interesting.

EDIT: Little coincidence, when i opened this thread this song just came on my playlist as i seen your avatar.

edit on 26/3/23 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2023 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The fact that the the U.S. government is still upholding the lie to this day that they didn't use incendiary tear gas isn't surprising.

The documentary is well done production-wise but still based on multiple criticial falsehoods.

👎🏼

posted on Mar, 26 2023 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I think this is the one?

For what it's worth, I think it's necessary to know and understand what happened at Ruby Ridge to put what happened at Waco Waco in its full perspective.

posted on Mar, 26 2023 @ 10:37 PM
link   
A buddy of mine and myself are in a two-man band and we wrote and recorded this song the day after the slaughter at Waco took place:

Terror In Tucson - Waco

Written on April 20th, 1993.

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Thanks for sharing that song. Art is and always will be a form of communication that allows us to help process traumas like this. Though I fear that much of the "pop culture" world has been overtaken by interests that have nothing to do with the betterment and bringing humanity together. Long gone are the days of Woody Guthrie, and other anti-war/ establishment names.

Great song.

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Thank you for sharing your impressions, I planned to watch it yesterday.

So it's not authentic? I hoped to learn some facts about WACO.

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Saying loudly "This is not an assault" as you are breaking into a building with tanks really takes the cake. Just so incredibly mismanaged this whole standoff was.

a reply to: TDDAgain

It's authentic I just don't buy all the "multiple critical falsehoods" as AgarthaSeed put it.

new topics

top topics

join