It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London ULEZ expansion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

That's just sheer badness and revenue generation.

Sore'yin.

£189 pounds is hardly a poultry sum nether for driving in the wrong area.

Wonder where all that cash goes. or rather whose pockets it lines?

posted on Mar, 26 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Makes me grumpy.

To

posted on Mar, 26 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: andy06shake

Makes me grumpy.

To

If that makes you grumpy wait till they put the cameras up on all junctions. Yes, the ones in your town or village. Or did you actually think they were just going to target cities?

posted on Mar, 26 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I did of coarse meant to put in some info for that statement. I live in a small market town in the centre of England and we have had cameras up for over 5 years. Well they did say it was for safety of shoppers and to stop crime, but in all that time I know of only 1 conviction from the cameras and that was a woman throwing a cigarette end out of her car window, she was fined for littering. BUT, as I've said before the infrastructure is in place to do whatever they want.

posted on Mar, 26 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

All i know on that score is that they cannot, or even refuse to use those cameras, in the cities to catch or prosecute the likes of mere fly trippers, and that is in a place called Govanhill in the city of Glasgow.

They are certainly abundant and on/at just about every corner and junction, whether or not they are functional, being monitored, or even being used for the purpose they were erected remains to be seen.

Different story in places like the town center all the same, where I've heard the lamp posts tell the wee neds and drunkards to move along and stop loitering else the police will shortly be there to attend.
edit on 26-3-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join