It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe Todd Bunting was actually John Doe No. 2?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2023 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Does anyone believe that Todd Bunting was John Doe no. 2? I don't, for many reasons but I will just list a couple here and leave it up for debate.

Todd Bunting was at the Ryder truck store supposedly the day before McVeigh rented the truck, or maybe at the same time, accounts differ. I have also been unable to determine whether or not Todd Bunting had the "serpent like" tattoo that No. 2 is described as having.

One of the biggest dragnets in American history finally scooped up the elusive John Doe No. 2 last week (well, maybe) -- and then released him.

In any event, the F.B.I. said that after extensive questioning they had cleared Todd Bunting, an army private from Fort Riley, Kan., of involvement in bombing the Oklahoma City Federal Building. He closely resembled the widely distributed sketch of the glowering tattooed man in a baseball cap who supposedly accompanied Timothy McVeigh when he rented the Ryder rental truck that housed the bomb.

But it turned out that Private Bunting had been returning a truck on another day. After months of false sightings and suspects, frustrated investigators were left to wonder whether there was yet another John Doe 2 who might have been with Mr. McVeigh. 

archive.is...

The FBI entertained the idea that John Doe No. 2 was Terry Nichols' 12 year old son...

In a strange turn in the Oklahoma bombing, the FBI is investigating whether the person in the sketch of John Doe 2 is the husky 12-year-old son of a key figure in the case.

There has been no suggestion that the boy, Josh Nichols, had any part in the bombing. Rather, FBI agents want to know if he was with Timothy McVeigh in Junction City, Kan., when McVeigh rented the truck allegedly used in the attack two days later, a source close to his family told The Associated Press on Tuesday.A law enforcement source in Washington confirmed that ``some investigators think there is a fair chance that (Terry) Nichols' son Josh was at the rental office in Junction City when the truck was rented.'

greensboro.com...

Was it Richard Lee Guthrie Jr.? Was someone else from the ARA or members of their bank robbery crew? Many witnesses who saw a man with Timothy McVeigh described the man as being middle eastern or hispanic. And there were reports at the time of McVeigh being seen speaking a foreign language to a man matching John Doe No. 2 description.

But a second man was seen on surveillance footage inside the Ryder truck.

Videotape from a surveillance camera captured a glimpse of a shadowy figure in the passenger seat of the bomb-laden Ryder truck minutes before it blew apart the federal building, a federal law enforcement source says.

The footage is not clear enough to identify anyone, but it adds to the body of evidence that a third figure _ perhaps the long-sought John Doe No. 2 _ took part in the attack with Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols, the source told The Associated Press in an interview this week.

``There’s a shape in there, but they can’t see a face,″ the source said of footage, taken by a camera on a nearby apartment building. The camera picked up the shadowy passenger about three minutes before the bomb went off April 19 at the Alfred P. Murrah Building.

apnews.com...

So that is the main reason I don't think Todd Bunting was John Doe No. 2. What is your opinion?

new topics

join