It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where to find advanced knowledge on community survival

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I'm so ready, it's ridiculous - or so my friends say. I tell them to stock up and they ain't - including family. "He thinks the end of the world is coming. Hahaa"

However, I'll still end up with over a dozen folks here when it does happen.

10-20 people are mostly the groups that survived Venezuela. You have a few doing planting, security, foraging, building, water, etc.

My wife is so mad at me because of the amount. I almost got punched for getting a certain type of trip wire alarm last week. 12guage

Got most of it figured out, but I'm looking for advanced and/or detailed info to make sure I have it all covered. Like the daily jobs of everyone, hierarchy, etc.

Where can I find that which I seek?

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 05:17 AM
link   

My wife is so mad at me because of the amount. I almost got punched for getting a certain type of trip wire alarm last week. 12guage

Booby traps do have a bad blow back rate. What if it collects some kid, some friend or even yourself in a moment of panic or absent mindfulness?

In looking for community survival, get engaged with your community. If there is some kind of social breakdown, then knowing people in your local area is going to avoid a lot of the initial group dynamic issues that can make a tough situation tougher.

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 05:18 AM
link   
www.survivalistboards.com...

tons of good info on this site

great idea to buy and store food, even basic stuff (bottled water, rice, noodles, dry peas/beans). even if there's no crisis you can eat the food later.

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev

Booby traps do have a bad blow back rate. What if it collects some kid, some friend or even yourself in a moment of panic or absent mindfulness?

www.msn.com...

Deputies responded to a house in the 9200 block of Ashburn Court in Highlands Ranch after a door-to-door salesman said he was conducting business at the house when he was injured. The 25-year-old victim told deputies when he was walking to the front door he hit a wire near his feet which caused something to make a loud boom noise. He did not see where the noise came from, DCSO said.

The victim told DCSO that he had pain in their ear and that his vision was affected. He told deputies that he believed the wire was suspended over one of the steps that led to the front door.

yes, do think careful about the traps

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 05:58 AM
link   
So your saying make them more lethal, like a land mine, or less lethal, like a little bell that rings inside to alert you?

a reply to: ElGoobero

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 05:58 AM
link   
How one click post dbl?

edit on 25-3-2023 by Dalamax because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I heard about a tripwire system that just uses Ramset loads, I think this is probably the appropriate amount of bang to warn you, and make them think you are aware of them and possibly firing upon them.

This doesn't go across your driveway, sidewalk or front steps, it goes in the woods to deter someone trying to sneak into your perimeter. Probably some pulleys may help, you want the bang to come from some spot where a lookout may be positioned, so if they fire upon you it's in the wrong direction. Ideally you want them to just retreat and look for greener pastures. But if it's an actual attempt with force to take your provisions, you will be able to tell which direction they are coming from if you have different trips set in an array, maybe even have a double & triple shot trip to let you know exactly. The actual ramsets would all be placed in your fake position, so they think you are a lookout behind some brush, logs, or in a ditch, when in fact you climb up on your roof when you hear the bang.

And you aren't going to need this until we are actually IN the scenario, prior to that this will just get you in trouble.

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev

Kids should not be where these go. Like back in the corn in a couple places where a tear flank would happen. They're not out there yet.
edit on 25-3-2023 by godservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I’m not certain you are quite ready.

Realizing that a small community is an asset for distributed workloads is one thing. Establishing anti-personnel defense measures within that community is another.

But benefit of the doubt. I have seen a few of these tripwire devices advertised. Let me sum them up with a question: Would you go deer hunting with a 12 gauge shell that had been left outside for a couple months given that gun season is typically a couple weekends and one week to bag your deer for the season? If you wouldn’t trust it for that…

Perimeter alarms work better to alert the defense team without alerting the intruder. Thick woods muffle sound. Even a shotgun blast is deadened pretty quickly under full foliage. Too close is too close. Too far is too quiet.

Don’t feel bad, a whole lot of Rambo knives were sold in the 80’s.

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: godservant

Ready.Gov
Ready.Gov

Prep and survival lists. Really great.

1st Responder

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Have a look at this one . . .

LINK

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Well you'll want cooks, cause no matter how stocked you are, if you can't cook it then it's a waste. Prefer people who know how to extend meals.

Some extra props you might not consider :
Solar Panels (large and small) and batteries, JAR vaccum sealer (rechargable or battery opperated) - paired with a solar panel plugin travel food.

Lots of salt, i'm talking several barrels+ for long time sustained community(this also means knowing where a salt flat might be, and or/where to get more). Because if you say do manage to get meats like fish. You will want to be able to preserve it. So after they are filet form, you will want to do what the vikings did. Take a box, layer salt, fish, salt, fish ensuring the fish isn't touching anything but salt between the layers. Then storing it in a 'coolish' area until the fish is dry. Once the fish is dry, you can wrap it in a cloth and put it in a wooden crate or on a wooden shelf. You'll be able to use it up to a year later, just rinse with water and hydrate before cooking.

Two stashes of Seeds, each with their own purpose: Sprouting for 'fast' emergancy food(often ready within a week or two), and seeds for actual planting to full season. Lettuce seeds and sprouting seeds should always be planted together.

Rennet tablets (this is going to be important if you have access to cows or even if you don't, just because you never know if you will in the future), powdered yogurt culture would be great to have as well. If you get milk you can make the yogurt and turn it into skyr which makes a good breeding ground for good bacterias to keep your dairy products going and healthy - as long as you keep it sealed after making it will turn to a sour cream which will alter the taste to reuse but still keep good bacteria for future batches. Especially if you run out of rennet in the future. (Btw, the whey in cheese making can be used to make 'more' cheese in the future. It has an insanely long shelf life, so it takes some experimenting to get it right).

A hand mill, and some mason jars. (This is important). You will also want to know in advance how to gather wild yeast multiple ways(which you can from things like raisins) - so you can make bread. It's always good to have some starter yeast though (even if it's on the older side) because you can avoid mold by having a few active grains during the gathering of wild yeast - which technically can grow mold during it's process making it need to be restarted. So yeast is good to have, aimed for an air tight container. This should be started pretty much immediately. It's better if you have it already in process before shtf - because wild yeast harvesting can easily take weeks or months to get a good active batch. With that said, you'll also want to know where acorn tree's are so you can feed it. (Yeast in the mason jars can be reduced to a teaspoon so feeding it won't be as burdensome)

As long as you got the above two though your entire dairy and carb needs are covered.

Forgers Need:

Another important thing your going to want, is if your using 'forgers'. They need a way to identify what mushrooms are good and bad. This needs to be done before the mushrooms are added to a basket in bulk, as bad spores can spread onto 'healthy' and safe mushrooms causing illness. So, *IF* you intend to use mushrooms it's recommended that you have a book and a handful of magnifier to identify the colors of spores to hand out to gatherers for safe keeping. Cause two mushrooms that look the same one might have purple spores, other might have black spores and one's safe and one isn't. To the eye you won't be able to easily decypher it - and no matter how 'good' a forager is. Every single one of them has or will in the future accidently poison themselves. So, if you have a small magnifier 20-400x which you can get like the size of a quarter jewelers scope/magnifier(not meter) it will make the process a bit safer for your community. They have em insanely small, and should be good enough to do the trick.

Another thing you might want to look into is a sunstone. Without time, and bad weather it will allow you to locate the sun acting as both compass and time - another thing is to memorize the following. During 'non-full' moons the moon points always point to the north and south horizon - this will allow travel at night when you can't see a compass going through unknown areas.

A couple of these will make it so you don't have to get new jar lids when canning food for winter. As it won't bend the lids when you remove them - making your mason jar lids essentially last indefinitely. Because using anything else, including your nails you have a chance of denting the lid, or damaging the coating - if that happens it you can't use it again because it will expose store food to bacteria and air.

www.amazon.com...

Cooking Therm/couple of wire racks and a old style pressure cooker (Pot and lid - for firepit cooking) as well as a rack that fits in it. Will allow cooks to can and jar foods, as well as make food.

Small wash basin, (clean clothing: minimize water loss).
Castile soaps (couple gallons will last you a long time - as it's very very condensed).
Diva cups for girls, (all sizes especially junior). This will be useful for any future female children who may need pads/tampons/etc. To avoid ruining clothing, cause blood's a bish to get out.
Fishing line: Clear

Medical supplies: Pills don't last forever, so knowing how to make your own anti-biotics: Even starting it 'now' will be beneficial.
You will want access to the following to create old time antibiotics: like horseradish root, onions, garlic, rosemary, ginger, and apple cidar vinegar. (You can add extra herbs based on properties, so you will want to know a little bit of herbalism). Take these layer it in a mason jar, and fill with apple cider vinegar til nothing is uncovered. (It takes up to 12 weeks for it to get potent enough to fight viruses and bacteria infections).

I recommend a few pieces of REAL shungite (Yes stones - you might think me a little nuts on this one. But I promise it will turn hard water soft, and works almost as good as a high quality lotion to condition your skin, it has a 'cooling' property which allows it to work almost as good as aloe vera - it's the only stone I really recommend, because it actually does work.) the fullerenes can speed up healing 3x and soften skin, the liquid produced is also an anti-viral, anti-parasitic, anti-bacterial. Using shungite stones also means you don't have to lug around a bunch of aloe - and can be used after filling a jar with water and the stones for 24hrs - after about 3-6 months you'll just boil the stones to clean it and let it dry in the sun to reuse. You can drink the solution up to 72hrs, but after that it becomes a topical treatment/medical rinse.

Side note:
Keep the above methods to yourself, only supply finished product: Shungite water, antibiotic etc. Also bury extra seeds for antibiotics, and fishing line, mag, shungite and sunstone someplace safe away from your 'town' in a tin with cloth. As seeds and line are stealable and desirable, most people will look over shungite and magnify glasses, but sunstones have become popular thanks to 'vikings'.
Which will always give you access to food/medicine if the worst happens.
edit on 10120230331 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   

your first and probably your worst Mistake, letting over a dozen folks know you've got stuff to survive on. guess who will be their target. unless your have a bunch more family members who are willing to fight, or maybe a impenetrable bunker which it doesn't sound like you do. that over a dozen could real quickly become three or four dozen.

first rule about survival in a deep doo doo situation is DTA ( don't trust anyone) and keep your big mouth shut before it happens. the less people know you have stuff the better.
edit on 25-3-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

your first and probably your worst Mistake, letting over a dozen folks know you've got stuff to survive on. guess who will be their target. unless your have a bunch more family members who are willing to fight, or maybe a impenetrable bunker which it doesn't sound like you do. that over a dozen could real quickly become three or four dozen.

first rule about survival in a deep doo doo situation is DTA ( don't trust anyone) and keep your big mouth shut before it happens. the less people know you have stuff the better.

Yep.

So, you need to prepare "off site" now.

Sure, keep a bunch of food at your house. etc.

But the bulk you need to have at a bug out location (unless you are already rural that is).

Start here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   

www.bioprepper.com...

www.thesurvivalpodcast.com...

ferfal.blogspot.com...

darkgreenmountainsurvivalresearchcentre.wordpress.com...

C5 PRESENTS-THE FALLACY OF BUGGING OUT -PART I- BY SURVIVAL ACRES

I have the great pleasure of being able to reprint the entire 5 part, EPIC Rant series, The Fallacy Of Bugging Out, by the legendary Survival Acres. It’s a name I have known since the 80s. He has seen A LOT of survivalist, end of the world, panics come and go.

Survival Acres finally tapped out about a month ago and shut down his site for good. Few have earned a retirement as much as him. In the words of Jesus, “Well done, my good and faithful servant”. He had shut it down a couple years before, which was a huge loss for me because when it went down, The Fallacy Of Bugging Out series went with it. I had been using it as a teaching tool. When it disappeared, I suddenly realised I didn’t have it stored anywhere. When he came back online to test the waters, I realised I had a unique opportunity and a short window. So, I reached out to him.

edit on 25-3-2023 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Where can I find that which I seek?

looking for Barter Town ? or a ReDo of Branch-Davidian in Waco ?

me--- i settled for a 8 residence, of Military Veterans, compound of 2 storied living quarters as the 'core community'
... having tree studded, old growth, acreage surrounding the compound ... bring in a few Vets, DAV Vets also !

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Don't head for the hills unplanned

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind
edit on 25-3-2023 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Living Off The Land: Delusions and Misconceptions About Hunting and Gathering

woodtrekker.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackArrow

Thank you so very much for the time you took to write. You did spark my interest on a few things.

I have about 97% of the items you listed. Even got books to teach others what they'll be doing. Security is way good. Some have already been in war.

Quite impressive. Again, thank you.

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   
" trip wire alarm last week. 12guage " Nice!
thoe they mostly dont kill, put small shot in it.
Put up a sign saying,
" trespassers will be shot! and Mine field"

You need to go to the edge of the land,
Then think like a Thef & break in.

you need ways to Know some one is sneeking in.
Like a infared or Ultrasonic detector that lets
you know some one is coming and ware from.
It could say in You voice,
" Get off my land or I shoot you!"
That would scaer the hell out of me.
even more if they try to find you!
you are seting up a sniper rifle!

new topics

top topics

join