It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Band: Killing Joke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I first heard of the band Killing Joke in the 1980's, then again later when I was in the USAF. Mtv promoted their album Pandemonium whic has been a fav in its entirety since then. I like the industrial metal sound, the vocalist's melodic asphalt thing, and mostly the lyrics. Apparently there are several rumors about them being weaponized by nepotism, BUT so was Megadeath, and I don't care. Lately I lean towards Christian music. Thank you, Rob Halford.
Anyway, there's an ATS member with the name "I Am the Virus", and it reminded me of this lyrically contemplative rock band's song from seven years ago.

Here's a new one...Full Spectrum Dominance also with lyrics.

And this one is a fan-made video with a Killing Joke jingle titled, Light Bringer. The lyrics are in that pinned post.

Lift weights. Hit harder.

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BeNotAfraid

to post you tube videos just use the letters after the = sign.

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BeNotAfraid

Great band, excellent live.
Jaz is literally mad as a box of frogs....but very intelligent and some really thought provoking lyrics.

My favourite Killing Joke track:

edit on 24/3/23 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Saw them some time in the 80s but don't recall where or with which other band because I don't think I would have gone specifically for them. I do recall that it was a good gig.

Youth did some good remixes for Spiral Tribe and Dreadzone, amongst others.
I had assumed it was someone else named Youth but was surprised to learn that it was indeed the bass player from KJ.

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Youth became a producer of quite an illustrious list of artists.

Jaz is also an accomplished and well respected composer of contemporary classical music....and some other weird #.

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeNotAfraid
I first heard of the band Killing Joke in the 1980's, then again later when I was in the USAF. Mtv promoted their album Pandemonium whic has been a fav in its entirety since then. I like the industrial metal sound, the vocalist's melodic asphalt thing, and mostly the lyrics. Apparently there are several rumors about them being weaponized by nepotism, BUT so was Megadeath, and I don't care.

Lately I lean towards Christian music. Thank you, Rob Halford.

Anyway, there's an ATS member with the name "I Am the Virus", and it reminded me of this lyrically contemplative rock band's song from seven years ago.

Here's a new one...Full Spectrum Dominance also with lyrics.

And this one is a fan-made video with a Killing Joke jingle titled, Light Bringer. The lyrics are in that pinned post.

Lift weights. Hit harder.

Quote this post to see how to do u-tube embedding.

Eighties and its 90s counterpart!!

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Change

Pandemonium

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Thank you, barmies and gentleberks.

Well, take it easy while the world goes crazy.

top topics

join