It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killer eye drops recall: What we know about the contaminated products

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Big recalls on some eye drops causing some real dangerous problems.

Blindness
Vision Loss
Removal!

Some kind of bacteria causing several brands to be bad.

Intentional possibilities ??

Ongoing since January?

Killer eye drops recall: What we know about the contaminated products that have killed three Americans, blinded eight and forced four patients to have their eyeballs surgically removed

A flurry of US deaths and blindness caused by contaminated eyedrops has caused panic nationwide.

Three Americans have died, eight have suffered vision loss and four people have had to have their eyeballs removed after becoming infected with a rare drug-resistant strain of bacteria called Pseudomonas aeruginosa.

The bacteria has been found lurking in EzriCare and Delsam Pharma eyedrops from the Indian manufacturer Global Pharma, which have been recalled while health officials investigate.

Most patients reported using 10 different brands of artificial tears, but EzriCare Artificial Tears, a preservative-free, over-the-counter product, was the brand most commonly reported.

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Did the company export to other countries, and we're any of the ingredients in it came from China.

You all don't remember this but a Chinese company poisoned the gyoza and sold it in Japan. Do a search on it.
edit on 0300000026332023-03-23T21:33:26-05:00332603pm9 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Did the company export to other countries, and we're any of the ingredients in it came from China.

You should really chill on the anti china rhetoric.
And to answer your questions yes the products in question have shipped to many many countries. Particularly ones in Europe.
Many of the ingredients could have come from China yes but if they did use some of the ingredients from China they(China) did not purposely do it.
More than likely the ingredients used came from South America.
I'll know more come tomorrow if I remember to make a call to an old employee about this.

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 09:52 PM
link   
yeah wasnt the chinese thats rhetoric. it was south americans, that isnt rhetoric . lolreply to: Allaroundyou

edit on 23-3-2023 by AnrkE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 09:52 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 09:58 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

(post by Allaroundyou removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 10:51 PM
link   

edit on 23-3-2023 by ohhchongo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Any business that sells eye drops like that won't be in business for much longer. I suspect some kind of bio-terror attack and wouldn't be surprised to find out China is behind this.

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Recall?
Why?
A few people might go blind, but it is surely for the greater good. Children should have those as soon as they are born.
Shun those who refuse those drops. I am fine, that mrans they are safe.

...and so on.

Meanwhile as people die suddenly and doctors are baffled, the clot juice is still being pushed. 🙄

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: musicismagic

You should really chill on the anti china rhetoric.
And to answer your questions yes the products in question have shipped to many many countries. Particularly ones in Europe.
Many of the ingredients could have come from China yes but if they did use some of the ingredients from China they(China) did not purposely do it.
More than likely the ingredients used came from South America.
I'll know more come tomorrow if I remember to make a call to an old employee about this.
Glad your old employee knows who in china “didn’t poison the eye drops. We are so blessed to have such reliable insider information at hand.

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I have somewhat dry eyes and they pushed these drops on me (not the recalled ones)

I used the drops and I realized like many other medications, you become addicted to them.
I realized my eyes didn’t want to function without the drops, so I stopped using it and my normal tear production returned.

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sh!t like this is why I never use eye drops or ear drops.

I'm squeamish as hell about it.

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I got a severe infection in the left upper eyelid, a year ago, after buying new contact lenses.

I thought it was the lenses themselves, thinking how every businesses had to hire sub quality people to have jobs done... Maybe I was wrong and it was the drops. For the same reason...

I stopped using both and it took over 10 months to heal...

At least, I dont need drops with glasses...
edit on 24-3-2023 by coamanach because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join