It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Athletics bans transgender women from competing in female world ranking events

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   

World Athletics has banned transgender women from competing in the female category at international events.

The governing body's president, Lord Coe, said no transgender athlete who had gone through male puberty would be permitted to compete in female world ranking competitions from 31 March.

Under previous rules, World Athletics required transgender women to reduce their amount of blood testosterone to a maximum of 5nmol/L, and stay under this threshold continuously for a period of 12 months before competing in the female category.

Lord Coe added the decision was "guided by the overarching principle which is to protect the female category.

World Athletics bans transgender women from competing in female world ranking events

In addition there have important changes for intersex athletes that are under the group of DSD which stands for Disorders of Sex Development. According to the new rules

DSD athletes will be required to reduce their blood testosterone level to below 2.5 nanomoles per litre, down from five, and must remain under this threshold for two years in order to compete internationally in the female category in any track and field event.

Under previous regulations, DSD athletes were only restricted in events ranging from 400m to a mile.

Interim provisions will be introduced for DSD athletes already competing in previously unrestricted events, requiring them to suppress their testosterone levels below 2.5nmol/L for a minimum of six months

So my question is straight forward

Why is it that World Athletics have banned all transwomen athletes from international ranking events if they have gone through male puberty. Are those who have taken the decision:

1) Transphobes
2) Bigots
3) Racists
4) Any two of the above
5) All of the above
6) None of the above

I will go with 'none of the above' and give a simple explanation. They probably think what everyone thinks or in few words they still regard transwomen as men and given that biological sex cannot change we all know the advantages that come from being a man in competitive sports and in sports generally speaking.

+19 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 06:20 PM
link   
A cultural shift being rebuked? This is wonderful news despite sanity seeming a rare commodity among our institutions.

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The answer is exactly what you gave, at least in any sport where gender (for reasons of body size, weight, etc) is relevant. Also, why are they calling "men" as "transgender women"; shouldn't that be "transgender men"? Or am I somewhere in #1 or #2 for even suggesting that someone is the gender they were born with?

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

And then the lawsuit
Calling it a “disorder for sex development”, big call
Saying female sport is for females, another big call
These words surely can’t go unchallenged legally

I don’t think officially, I have heard transgenderism as being a “disorder” or anyone stating what a “female is” is, before today
Hopefully it’s a precedent

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

And then the lawsuit
Calling it a “disorder for sex development”, big call
Saying female sport is for females, another big call
These words surely can’t go unchallenged legally

I don’t think officially, I have heard transgenderism as being a “disorder” or anyone stating what a “female is” is, before today
Hopefully it’s a precedent

Transgenderism is not a disorder of sex development. Intersex on the other hand is and a very serious one. The word intersex has replaced the word hermaphrodite as it was deemed somehow insulting by some activists. Although true human hermaphrodites don't exist.

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
A cultural shift being rebuked? This is wonderful news despite sanity seeming a rare commodity among our institutions.

Sanity and common sense. Although it's not the first time transwomen have been banned from female sports. In fairness, the last 2 years has seen also a lot of similar decisions over a range of competitive sports.

I wonder whether the usual activists will still going to argue transwomen have no advantages in sports compared to biological women.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Good. It's about time someone pulled their head out of their nether regions.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Let me clear this for you, transgender "women" are men and will ever be men, does that answer the question.

Leave genetical born women sports alone, men go and play with other men, you will never be a women, never ever .

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DragonsDemesne
The answer is exactly what you gave, at least in any sport where gender (for reasons of body size, weight, etc) is relevant. Also, why are they calling "men" as "transgender women"; shouldn't that be "transgender men"? Or am I somewhere in #1 or #2 for even suggesting that someone is the gender they were born with?

Transwoman implies the transition to a woman. An obvious fantasy but that's what it means.
edit on 23-3-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Is soo unfair to young girls all over the nation, that compete to get scholarships to colleges, having a soo called "girl with a dangling pair between the legs taking advantage of the stupidity of the woke idiots and those woke politicians in states that support the stupidity.

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Is soo unfair to young girls all over the nation, that compete to get scholarships to colleges, having a soo called "girl with a dangling pair between the legs taking advantage of the stupidity of the woke idiots and those woke politicians in states that support the stupidity.

I strongly agree with you and as I said above in the last 2 years there has been plenty of regulation change in relation to transwomen taking part in female sports. They have been banned from a number of sports and rightfully so.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Why would we have women's sports at all if all the winners are going to be men in wigs?

Seriously?

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Let me clear this for you, transgender "women" are men and will ever be men, does that answer the question.

Leave genetical born women sports alone, men go and play with other men, you will never be a women, never ever .

Yep! They are still men and will never become women.

It's hilarious to see what kind of arguments they make online about this issue and when they try to involve genetics into the conversation, when at the same time know nothing, even about the most basics in the subject.

It's like trying to learn physics from Greta Thunberg. Excuse me.. Dr Greta Thunberg.
edit on 23-3-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Why would we have women's sports at all if all the winners are going to be men in wigs?

Seriously?

The activists and ideologists see no issue with men taking part in female sports. They even claim men dint really have an advantage.

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 07:25 PM
link   

We're you so outraged about the "female" East German Shot putters back in the day?

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

We're you so outraged about the "female" East German Shot putters back in the day?

I wasn't even born at that time if you implying the 70s. But nice try to deflect from the topic of the thread.

So the question again...

Why is it that World Athletics have banned all transwomen athletes from international ranking events if they have gone through male puberty. Are those who have taken the decision:

1) Transphobes
2) Bigots
3) Racists
4) Any two of the above
5) All of the above
6) None of the above

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 07:31 PM
link   

FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Science and common sense over deluded mental patients !

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 07:45 PM
link   
GREAT!!!!!!!

an ounce of sanity in an insane world, but I wouldnt hold my breath that this decision lasts more than a single competitive season, the mob will be coming for them now.

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Well, you get no argument from me?

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Science and common sense over deluded mental patients !

Absolutely!

To be fair, and as I said above, there has been a number of similar decisions that have taken place in the last 2 years or so.

For example (same article from the BBC)

In June 2022, Lord Coe welcomed the move by Fina - swimming's world governing body - to stop transgender athletes from competing in women's elite races if they had gone through any part of the process of male puberty, insisting "fairness is non-negotiable".

Fina's decision followed a report by a taskforce of leading figures from the world of medicine, law and sport that said going through male puberty meant transgender women retained a "relative performance advantage over biological females", even after medication to reduce testosterone.

Fina also aimed to establish an 'open' category at competitions, for swimmers whose gender identity is different than their sex observed at birth.

In 2022, British Triathlon become the first British sporting body to establish a new 'open' category in which transgender athletes can compete.

The Rugby Football League and Rugby Football Union also banned transgender women from competing in female-only forms of their games.

It followed World Rugby becoming the first international sports federation to say transgender women cannot compete at the elite and international level of the women's game in 2020.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join