It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Progressive Deception

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: SecrettoSociety

All of your facts are Republican spin & are no where close to reality. The top wealthiest 5% of American individual tax burden is 12-16% of their gross incomes. You & I cant afford a tax lawyer 365 days a year telling us how to get out of paying taxes through creative loopholes unavailable to us common folks.

I pulled the info off the IRS website...

I'm still trying to understand what you are getting at here. If the top 10% pays 72% of all income taxes what is your goal here? Do you want the top 10% pay 90% or some other percent? Are you suggesting we should get more over all income taxes. IDK why IRS would suggest the top 1% pay 26% on an average. They need to be paying something right if they are paying 41% of the total.

What they pay is not the issue , it’s what they deduct is the problem. Trust me the corporate tax codes are criminal from top to bottom.
For instance the Trump corporation makes X amount that it pays taxes on minus deductions. Then Trump pays himself a salary, and his 30-50 million a year as his income only pays 16% in taxes , because he has a dozen personal tax lawyers working 365 day a year wading through the tax loopholes.
Look at what that venture capitalists Mitt Romney pays in personal taxes 12-16% is it .
People & families who make below 84,000 a year are paying 12% .
Mitt has made 75-85 million the last three years & he pays on average 15% in taxes on that amount.
Do you see the problem here ?

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Mitt has made 75-85 million the last three years & he pays on average 15% in taxes on that amount.

Would you have an issue if we went to an overall 8% for everyone whether they make 100 bucks or 100 million? I kind of like that idea...

edit on 27-3-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Would you have an issue if we went to an overall 8% for everyone whether they make 100 bucks or 100 million? I kind of like that idea...

100 million is high . Any flat tax that is unavoidable is what we need .
The wealthy are always open about what they paid in taxes for the year , but none of them will show you their returns , because that is where the corruption takes place in our tax laws .

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SecrettoSociety

I cant for the life of me imagine why anyone would want to be a democrat. All they do is whine and fail at everything except cheating in elections. They tax people to bankruptcy then blame republicans for everything they screwed up. I'm looking at you Chicago - the poster child for failed liberal policies.

I agree that it is highly unlikely that any top democrat would hire a pink haired 500 pound transtesticle for anything, especially where their children are concerned. They are the worst kind of two faced liars. They insist on open borders for our nation, anti-discrimination in housing and education, and all the crap that goes along with it. They insist on letting as many illegals into this country as they can and disperse them all throughout the nation in the middle of the night. But the one place you won't find these illegals is in the neighborhood where these political elites live. Nope, they live in gated communities surrounded by high walls with armed guards and security at the expense of the tax payers. But walls on the border are racist and anyone who doesn't agree is a domestic terrorist.

As a white person I would never willingly live in a predominantly black community. You get dead that way. That doesn't mean all black people are racist murderers, but some are. And until they start wearing signs that say which is which, I am avoiding the whole thing. That is why we have locks on our doors - we don't know who is nice and who isn't. But where race is concerned, all of a sudden we are supposed to suspend our caution and accept whatever happens. If we don't - we are racist. Its a bunch of crap.

In regards to living in a white neighborhood, that luxury is no longer available to white people. If I say I want to live in a white neighborhood - I am immediately branded a racist and that white neighborhood is too. If minorities want to live in a white neighborhood there are government agencies intent on making sure they get to do exactly that. Think about it, white people cant live in a white neighborhood because its racist - but making sure minorities can isn't. It makes no sense.

Most people are afraid to just tell the truth in regards to these sorts of topics. Its a shame too because nothing will ever change until it is acknowledged and discussed with open honest discourse. Hiding from it, pretending it doesn't exist, is not going to solve anything.

Sorry, but drive through one of the inner city neighborhoods in Chicago - if you dare. Its a dirty, filthy, run-down, depressing third world sh1thole. Its not white people from the suburbs that made it that way. Its the people who live there. The high rise subsidized housing projects were a massive failure. No one wanted to live in them. They were dangerous as hell, filthy, and nothing ever worked. Imagine living in a 40 story building where the elevators never worked. Why didn't the city fix them? They did, many times. As soon as they are finished repairing them, the people who live there pry the doors open and yank out the wiring to sell as scrap. No more elevators. The city fixes the elevators and the residents think its Christmas again. So the city stopped fixing it. Why? Because they are racist of course...

My house has been robbed once and I have been mugged once. Both were committed by black people. But if I use my own experience to guide my behavior in the future, something literally every person on earth does, I am considered a racist.

The modern progressive liberal isn't happy unless they are upset and screaming about something. They thrive on drama and believe that if they are upset enough it means they must be right. Everything they say and do is okay because they are hiding behind a very thin veil of self righteous indignation parading around as social justice. They are neither social nor just. They are loud invasive whining babies that think anyone who disagrees with them is a terrorist. Heaven forbid you approach them with facts and logic - that guarantees a public meltdown. How could you be so mean?

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 05:51 PM
link   

The wealthy are always open about what they paid in taxes for the year , but none of them will show you their returns , because that is where the corruption takes place in our tax laws .

So let's say I made a billion dollars in hedge funds, why would I need to pay more if everyone else is paying 8%, 8% is 8% and 80 million isn't enough for him? Do we really need to set limits? If you want to set a limit, I think 100k is too much then. Doesn't it seem like a weird concept to say the more you make the higher percentage you pay, so you pay 30k at 25% let's say and the guy making a million isn't enough for some reason to pay 250k, so let him pay 330k at 33%.
edit on 27-3-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

You have so many wrong ideas in that post it's not worth trying to talk about it further.

I am not MAGA by the way or a Republican or Democrat. I want nothing to do with either party. What I am is intelligent enough not to parrot others and to base my views on reality, not partisan or ideological crap.

Thanks for the conversation.
You accept defeat then ?
Stand & deliver your anti-thesis

I politely thanked you for the conversation as I had nothing further to add and you reply by baiting me.

posted on Mar, 28 2023 @ 01:20 AM
link   

So let's say I made a billion dollars in hedge funds, why would I need to pay more if everyone else is paying 8%, 8% is 8% and 80 million isn't enough for him? Do we really need to set limits? If you want to set a limit, I think 100k is too much then. Doesn't it seem like a weird concept to say the more you make the higher percentage you pay, so you pay 30k at 25% let's say and the guy making a million isn't enough for some reason to pay 250k, so let him pay 330k at 33%.
Social burden sharing is understood by animals perfectly , so what is humanity’s problem ?
Greed & Avarice is the problem.
No one needs 25 million a year & a Chevy Silverado should not cost $68,000 dollars either. A plane trip to Japan should not cost 4,500 dollars rd trip .
Greed & non-stop consumerism is evil .
Jesus was a social democrat

posted on Mar, 28 2023 @ 01:23 AM
link   

You have so many wrong ideas in that post it's not worth trying to talk about it further.

I am not MAGA by the way or a Republican or Democrat. I want nothing to do with either party. What I am is intelligent enough not to parrot others and to base my views on reality, not partisan or ideological crap.

Thanks for the conversation.
You accept defeat then ?
Stand & deliver your anti-thesis

I politely thanked you for the conversation as I had nothing further to add and you reply by baiting me.
Nice chat & no hard feelings. Discourse is important. I learn from people I disagree with .
Im open minded & seek dialectics in most all things.
Peace & remember, Jesus was a social democrat

posted on Mar, 28 2023 @ 06:13 PM
link   

No one needs 25 million a year & a Chevy Silverado should not cost $68,000 dollars either. A plane trip to Japan should not cost 4,500 dollars rd trip .

Once you start down that path to set limits then they keep getting reset. 25 million to you today could be 125k next year, or 80k the year after. It doesn't stop...

You think there is some magic numbers and there just isn't any... I smoke good cigars and drink good whiskey/scotch is that greed or something you should decide I should not buy?

I do believe too many people play the consumer game that should not be in it, so yes there is a problem there... don't buy crap if you can't afford it, don't buy a new truck if you can't afford it so on and so forth.

The reality is let say we taxed the 1% with a 90% tax, it will only increase our overall tax intake by 15%, not what people think it would be... Or better yet take that 90% tax and just give it to every adult in America, so that means maybe 150 bucks a month more. What are you trying to fix here?

posted on Mar, 28 2023 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Once you start down that path to set limits then they keep getting reset. 25 million to you today could be 125k next year, or 80k the year after. It doesn't stop...

You think there is some magic numbers and there just isn't any... I smoke good cigars and drink good whiskey/scotch is that greed or something you should decide I should not buy?

I do believe too many people play the consumer game that should not be in it, so yes there is a problem there... don't buy crap if you can't afford it, don't buy a new truck if you can't afford it so on and so forth.

The reality is let say we taxed the 1% with a 90% tax, it will only increase our overall tax intake by 15%, not what people think it would be... Or better yet take that 90% tax and just give it to every adult in America, so that means maybe 150 bucks a month more. What are you trying to fix here?
Society is broken & it needs repair via social programs & fair flat tax laws set in stone .

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   

No issues. It's nice to see when members stay with the conversations they start.

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   

No issues. It's nice to see when members stay with the conversations they start.
Thank you & stay alert in this world that moves way to quick.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join