It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was told I needed to broaden my horizons and listen to more classical music....okay

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I was told I needed to broaden my horizons and listen to classical music....okay Ludwig thats a helluva riff

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Well I'm sure you're up to speed to play stuff like that by the way how many guitars do you have.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Well I'm sure you're up to speed to play stuff like that by the way how many guitars do you have.

Man I wish I could play

No guitars personally but I supremely appreciate the talent it takes to knock something like that out.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Yeah I was wondering if somebody could put a Wah what to that type of music to hear how it sounds maybe give it a Eddie Van Halen experimental musical dream like fantasy.
Not for some reason I always thought you were a guitar player. Never too late to pick one up and start learning as a matter of fact it's a good hobby to pursue.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I like rock turned classical

Give these a shot:

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have been discovering the metal/classical crossover niche and I love it.

Another version of the 3rd movement. I love watching his fingers work.

So in synch.

Two different versions of the Turkish March. I think I actually prefer the second although I do like Cole a lot.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Yeah I was wondering if somebody could put a Wah what to that type of music to hear how it sounds maybe give it a Eddie Van Halen experimental musical dream like fantasy.
Not for some reason I always thought you were a guitar player. Never too late to pick one up and start learning as a matter of fact it's a good hobby to pursue.

I'd to run it through a headset instead of an amp it would drive my neighbors crazy...

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Oh me too, and I like classical too, but yea they bring it...thanks Im saving these

reminds me of my kid in band in high school on the last year they did a version of Edgar's Frankenstein and it was damn good

edit on 22-3-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Can you imagine what some of the classical composers would be playing today? It wouldn't be auto-tuned crap.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm going to burst my crappy earbuds these are killer too but I always liked the merging of the two. My Dad got an old jukebox WBW and this was one of the 45s.

edit on 22-3-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Some classical guitar music, written and played by me:

Acoustic Guitar

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Moonlight Sonata gained a following with Capcoms Resident Evil back in the 90's. Even these videos are old. But your 1st video is quite awesome. As a guitar player this dude blows my mind.
edit on 3 22 2023 by Ilikesecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Plenty of versions of this out there and no idea which one it is but TURN IT UP LOUD!

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Metallica and the San Francisco symphony is pretty killer for a mashup.

But, lately I’ve been vibing to violin renditions of classical pieces. A piano and violin go a long way. I just feel like the violin is so expressive, it has an incredible range and you feel the emotion come through it.

Here’s on from a 12 year old South Korean girl who shreds. The piece is from Sarasate and it’s absolutely raw.

This one is a rendition of Czardas, it is like folk and classical rolled up. It goes from upbeat to slow and will spin on a dime.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
Some classical guitar music, written and played by me:

Acoustic Guitar

Damn TCB that was beautiful... major props

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
Plenty of versions of this out there and no idea which one it is but TURN IT UP LOUD!

Reminds me of Queen and Styx both of which I still love, Opera Rock was huge

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I always thought this was a brilliant version...

and this is off the charts....

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm not much into violin. It's too high-pitched for me. I need viola or preferably cello to listen long-term. I would love to get into Lindsey Stirling more, but I just can't listen for long before the sound gets to me, and classical violin goes the same way.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I can definitely see that.

I have to be in the mood for classical to begin with, and like you usually small doses.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I love classical music and especially hybrids as shown in above posts. But if you want some pure classical modern music - check out Alma Deutscher. She is very young - like around 16-18 I think. She composes her own music and has played in mutliple theaters across europe. Fantastically impressive, especially for such a young age.

There are still great composers out there. And many many great modern artists. One just has to broaden their horizons as you state.

If you want some Siberian Native Pop, well here you go (they are amazing) :

edit on 22-3-2023 by Turquosie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join