It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic Medium Unsolved Mystery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

I agree your religious group does not have miracles, nor can they heal, in fact, few marriages survive your church. But God is alive, its only your church that is dead. And that should be your clue, look for a living God that allows you to walk in the spirit. Another hint, get manmade theology out of the way. And remember, Jesus practiced Judaism until he died, the catholic church decided which books were put in the bible, and high jacked the early christian movement. Any religion built on the cannon of scripture, are just grandchildren of the catholics. Start with the book of enoch, read the other texts from the dead sea scrolls. The books left out by the catholics. Begin to research, put down that bible, it has been compromised to reflect this dead religion. And for god sake start thinking with your own brain.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

I agree your religious group does not have miracles, nor can they heal, in fact, few marriages survive your church. But God is alive, its only your church that is dead. And that should be your clue, look for a living God that allows you to walk in the spirit. Another hint, get manmade theology out of the way. And remember, Jesus practiced Judaism until he died, the catholic church decided which books were put in the bible, and high jacked the early christian movement. Any religion built on the cannon of scripture, are just grandchildren of the catholics. Start with the book of enoch, read the other texts from the dead sea scrolls. The books left out by the catholics. Begin to research, put down that bible, it has been compromised to reflect this dead religion. And for god sake start thinking with your own brain.

All of that because of a a scripture quoted from the Bible, that was recorded thousands of years ago. What God said regarding the practice of spiritism and the occult arts, and recorded in the Bible is for our good. Since you haven't touched on what the Bible says regarding using spirit mediums and contacting dead people I don't know what your view is on the matter. Mine is clear, I believe God when he says it is something detestable.

These personal insults and attacks you have against a personal faith are really aside the point (extremely off topic) and have nothing to do with anything from the OP.
edit on 22-3-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Yes I think the occult is very dangerous. And I run from the ouija, which is basically a summoning tool. There are huge boundaries that I will not cross. There is no longer a school of prophets to teach the lines and boundaries of spirit, that takes knowledge and experience. However, it does not mean that spirit is no longer active. And the right word at the right time is healing.

No apologies for attacking the JWs I know too well the evil behind that mask.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

Yes I think the occult is very dangerous. And I run from the ouija, which is basically a summoning tool. There are huge boundaries that I will not cross. There is no longer a school of prophets to teach the lines and boundaries of spirit, that takes knowledge and experience. However, it does not mean that spirit is no longer active. And the right word at the right time is healing.

I agree. Even if you didn't concur with God's word in this matter I would still respect you and your belief.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

You should watch some Derren Brown. He has at least one show that shows how these psychics can get intimate information without contacting the people directly.
One guy had a friend who was in contact with the victims, who then fed him all the info he needed. Another he mentions a womans car being a Mini, and Brown shows the guy saw her pull up for the shoot without her seeing him.

Heck Brown makes it clear he himself is not a psychic, yet he gives readings that are more spot on than the 'legit' psychics.

Sorry, all psychics are frauds.

I'm honestly starting to think there is nothing 'supernatural' in the world. That this reality is boring old science and nothing else.

eta: also as someone who is Asperger's I'm lmfao at that bit of your post.
edit on 22-3-2023 by AtomicKangaroo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Not at all. Gods gifts are given to those that enter the land of God (Deuteronomy 18:9 "...God is giving you"). But in attaining those gifts, there is a great danger of them re-empowering what remains of our ego. Causing us to collapse back into a segmented consciousness once more.

So if on our path we start hearing the thoughts of others within our own thoughts. It be a good time to sweep the floor. Not run around glorizing oneself as a medium etc.

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I like the Holy Bible, 1st Corinthians, chapter 12... (The whole book. It's not a salad bar where you take what you like and leave the rest lol) ... verse 10.

#DiscerningOfSpirits is a good thing.

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: nugget1

The stories of people who survive being struck by lightening or near-death experiences who become 'psychic' instantly has been a fascination of mine for decades. Would religion have us believe they became demon possessed? Hmm....

This medium said he has had this gift since birth but really knew at age 4.
He said just as others see cars or trees, he sees and talks to dead people. If you watch a lot of his videos you can see he has something about him, like I mentioned earlier, Asperger’s or something. He truly has a gift and I don’t believe he is a scam artist or evil.

I have not watched his videos yet, but will check them out!

There are people among us who exceptionally 'intuitive' at a very early age, and it's not something they choose. I suspect a portion of their DNA that lies dormant in most of us may have been activated, which would explain my reasoning on why a sudden jolt would cause a person to suddenly become a 'seer'.

Shamans use certain plants and rituals to access knowledge. Mystics use meditation, chanting and rhythmic movements to 'open the third eye'. Perhaps everyone has the ability to 'activate' this portion of our sleeping DNA?

Christ certainly possessed all the gifts that today we would attribute to a good psychic, and He said we would do all these things-and more-through Him. That led me to see a yin/yang aspect to the subject.
As with anything, there is the potential for it to be used for great good-or great evil. Through Christ, one is tapping into the positive aspect, but when it becomes the source of wealth I think it looses it's positive aspect and risks getting its power from an alternative source.

Jesus said we could heal the sick, raise the dead-and more. I'm not willing to call Him a liar, even if I can't raise the dead-yet.

As you can probably tell, I'm still trying to figure this thing called life out.

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Thanks !!
Will be giving this a look-see. Have watched Tyler Henry's stuff, watched the newer before I'd known about the silliness called
"Hollywoods Medium". The kid strikes me as legit due to the difficulty he occasionally runs into where he's getting info ,but it wasn't what the client was all ramped up about knowing.

His honesty in the info he does get is both difficult yet ethical. Have 1/2 been expecting to catch him forcing info or fishing but he doesn't. When he gets stumped, he's up front about "this is the info I got" whether it clicks with the client or just remains confusing. Lots of time family members know exactly what the info pertains to.

Some of his "Hollywood" client episodes seem abrupt or semi-evasive but it dawned on me that some info is being deliberately dodged around out of privacy not deception by the show's producers.

Looking forward to your suggestion!

<< 1   >>

join