It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank branches running out of cash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It appears things are coming to a head, Nat West is limiting payments to certain crypto websites.USB paying around five percent with nothing coming in. After taking over the big Swiss bank. States legalizing gold and silver as money. Coin and bullion shops seeing an unprecedented workload. At some stage getting your own money out of the Bank will have to stop as they haven't got the cash. Neil Mcoy gives a good update on the present state of affairs.
It seems the boil is getting ready to explode.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Have you ever heard of FUD?

Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt

It seems that some people like to spread it at interesting times.

Getting all your money out of a bank in cash, should never be an issue since so many transactions are digital these days, and banks can also issue checks.

Most of the money in checking and savings accounts are insured up to $250,000.

I've banked with banks that have gone under and been bought out, and each time that has happened, my money was safe, and was transferred to the new bank.

Don't let disinformation, propaganda, or psy-ops fool or scare you.

edit on 21-3-2023 by IndieA because: Added information

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Don't worry, they will just print more..im really tired of all the anti counterfeit devices though..makes it hurt when I wipe.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA

Most of the money in checking and savings accounts are insured up to $250,000.

I've banked with banks that have gone under and been bought out, and each time that has happened, my money was safe, and was transferred to the new bank.

Diversification & and a level head seems the right stance to me. That would include cash on hand. But as far as the insured $250k---do you know how much the fed can cover as opposed to the total amount banked?

I've heard numbers thrown out there that are concerning in that regard.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Both Silicon Valley Bank and First Republic appear to be basically radioactive, because the FDIC can't find a buyer for either one of them. This must mean that any bank that bought one of these would be taking on massive debts, such that even being given the bank for free would be a bad deal.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT
If the losses are as bad as they must be, then I doubt that the FDIC would even be able to cover the regular $250,000 limit without needing some kind of bailout. And that crap about covering all deposits is right out the window.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

If it exist on paper, it should exist in reality. If it's missing, it needs to be found. It's all paper and numbers anyway, but everything should balance.

You would think that all the money laundering going in would have help propped things up. Maybe some people are fearful of being exposed by investigators (FTX), and or, the emerging capabilities of AI.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 07:38 PM
link   
SVB was a woke bank. Gave almost to million to BLM who also got 83 billion in "donations" aka laundered.

link   
a reply to: IndieA

To add-

Since the FED has made the emergency loan fund, only the three or four known troubled banks have touched it.

If anyone else was even close to in trouble, they have access to instant liquidity.

Plus, most of us bank with diversified banks. The banks in question were venture capital or startup focused.

It doesn’t look like the normal banks are in danger, yet.

link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Both Silicon Valley Bank and First Republic appear to be basically radioactive, because the FDIC can't find a buyer for either one of them. This must mean that any bank that bought one of these would be taking on massive debts, such that even being given the bank for free would be a bad deal.

The UK branch was sold for 1 pound.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 08:55 PM
link   
"Pivot" or "Print Mo' Debt." What do y'all think the "strategy" is gonna be?

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I took a tour of this money printing facility in Fort Worth Texas, a few years ago. The tour guide said the U.S. is destroying more paper money (burning it) than is being printed.

If that was not just a temporary thing, then I can understand cash running out in society. The person who is in charge of the nation's money supply has been derelict.

edit on 3/21/2023 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I like to have about a grand as cash on hand. If it's not in my bank and stuffed somewhere in a mattress, I'll forget about it until I'm flat broke and desperately rummaging around my hiding spots. That stash-o-cash saved my ass on many occasions. A grand is about what it would cost to get my well pump pulled up to be fixed if it needed it (submersible pump down 100'), so I like to have that amount as a rainy day fund.

Now for the past year or so, I haven't been stashing cash like I should have so for the past few checks I've been withdrawing to have it on hand. I had $400 and figured I'd get a couple hundred more and bring it to $600. I was listening to Clay and Buck as I head to the store and nearest ATM and they were really going nuts about the bank failures. Well, I got some gas and could see one car at the ATM, when I got over to the ATM they were lining up behind me. When I got my cash it was all in tens. It never even gives you a choice on cash withdrawals, it's always in $20 bills, but now it was $10 bills. I'm wondering if my bank was getting low on cash for their ATMs now.

top topics

join